Tamera didn't start late, they deliberately messed with the track. Listen carefully..

Comments

• supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hold on a second. In order for you to suggest they have messed with the arrangement of the track, this means you must have been present during the week at rehearsals to know what the original track sounded like right? Just face it she messed up her timing the track is already there pre-recorded, Tamera was the one who was singing live. Nevertheless, I do still feel sorry for her, she's out of her depth and it's sad people will judge her so harshly when she DOES have potential but she's just not ready yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    As far as I can tell it is the same, apart from from that half bar delay, as you say. I think tamera covers it up for the second chorus with some belting and doesn't actually sing any words to avoid it happening again.

Ah I didn't notice whether it was the same arrangement on the second chorus, good point. I'm gonna have another listen now.

Do we know for sure that they use live PA and not actual people playing instruments on XF, or is that only the case for Big Band week?

Because if it's a backing track then yes, she should have known. And no, she shouldn't have gone along with the way Arthur sings it.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has messed up no matter what arrangements was done.
    Better to leave now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    As far as I can tell it is the same, apart from from that half bar delay, as you say. I think tamera covers it up for the second chorus with some belting and doesn't actually sing any words to avoid it happening again.

What you have highlighted is what I initially thought. A slight delay so she can do some quick "vocal gymnastics".

If it was a true sabotage, like what is being suggested in this thread, then how come we have the delay twice during the song? My opinion is this...she messed up initially and it rattled her. She never fully recovered. The end.
    Forum Member
    supersnake wrote: »
    hold on a second. In order for you to suggest they have messed with the arrangement of the track, this means you must have been present during the week at rehearsals to know what the original track sounded like right? Just face it she messed up her timing the track is already there pre-recorded, Tamera was the one who was singing live. Nevertheless, I do still feel sorry for her, she's out of her depth and it's sad people will judge her so harshly when she DOES have potential but she's just not ready yet.

Lol, no need for the sarcasm, I do understand both English and Music in depth, but thank you. Kinda cute.

Anyway, no I wasn't there actually. I'm just able to hear when a piano changes key to match the vocal (I'm a singer, if that helps? Have been for 15 years, does that help?), and if we're speaking in terms of how the original track goes, bar for bar, yes they doctored the track.

However, as someone (much kinder than you, I might add) has just pointed out, there was possibly SUPPOSED to be a build up before the chorus, in which case, yes she did mess up and yes she should have known that her track was different to the original, and not to get confused.

Thanks for your input :)
    Forum Member
    In response to a few posters above me, yes I hear the half bar delay the second time around, in which case, the track definitely was supposed to be like that, even more so if it was being played through the PA system, and not "live".

Even so, in terms of the general arrangement of a 4/4 song such as Impossible, having a half a bar delay before the chorus doesn't really make any sense.

That's my stance on the whole thing tbh. It doesn't sound right.

Doesn't take away the fact that she should have known it was different, granted. But to me, it still doesn't sound right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it was sabotage - it was probably rehearsed this way as I think the arrangement is the same for the second chorus but it looks like Tamera had some technical issues and buggered it all up afterwards so it is her own fault, although not entirely as much as she is going to be given flack for.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh please :rolleyes: like i said before why would she do that live :rolleyes:
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T_Rebel wrote: »
    Okay yeah, because I was about to listen to James' version now, but I'm literally 99% sure that's how he sings it.

But, are you saying that the actual instrumental track, the timing etc, is different to the one they used for Tamera?

Yes, you are right about the slight difference. I think this arrangement was used to give her room to do some add libs/set her apart from James's version, but instead, it confused her or she got lost .
    Forum Member
    Yes, you are right about the slight difference. I think this arrangement was used to give her room to do some add libs/set her apart from James's version, but instead, it confused her or she got lost .

I do think this is the case now that I can hear the break on the second chorus too. Although I'm still singing it to myself, inserting the half a bar ad-lib and.. It just sounds odd to me.

But yep, no disputing now - the track was supposed to sound like that. She messed up.

Which is a shame. Because for the first time tonight, I noticed how rich her tone is. It's lovely.

She just has pitching issues and evidently, following the arrangement of certain songs.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think this is the case now that I can hear the break on the second chorus too. Although I'm still singing it to myself, inserting the half a bar ad-lib and.. It just sounds odd to me.

But yep, no disputing now - the track was supposed to sound like that. She messed up.

Which is a shame. Because for the first time tonight, I noticed how rich her tone is. It's lovely.

She just has pitching issues and evidently, following the arrangement of certain songs.

I suspect there is something going on backstage of which we're hearing nothing. Forgetting the lyrics two weeks running suggests to me that all is not right in the run up to the live shows (arguments with the producers or her mentor perhaps?).
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like she started singing the "...and if you're done with embarrassing me" lyric which comes in in the next verse, then realises she went wrong and goes back to the "...effortlessly" lyric, but misses a few words before that, so she starts the chorus too soon and is ahead of the music. Just my opinion though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I suspect there is something going on backstage of which we're hearing nothing. Forgetting the lyrics two weeks running suggests to me that all is not right in the run up to the live shows (arguments with the producers or her mentor perhaps?).

Maybe, no excuses for messing up her lyrics - better if she left tomorrow. If she doesn't, it will cause uproar BUT maybe that is exactly what XF are looking for - Controversy!!
  • sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In response to a few posters above me, yes I hear the half bar delay the second time around, in which case, the track definitely was supposed to be like that, even more so if it was being played through the PA system, and not "live".

Even so, in terms of the general arrangement of a 4/4 song such as Impossible, having a half a bar delay before the chorus doesn't really make any sense.

That's my stance on the whole thing tbh. It doesn't sound right.

Doesn't take away the fact that she should have known it was different, granted. But to me, it still doesn't sound right.

It makes sense if the song has been re-arranged to incorporate vocal gymnastics - it happens more than once if you listen carefully.

I think they tried to arrange the song to suit her (or what they thought suited her) and it's just not gone to plan. Remember the key to winning is not sounding like the original - she's managed that but not quite how they imagined.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Maybe, no excuses for messing up her lyrics - better if she left tomorrow. If she doesn't, it will cause uproar BUT maybe that is exactly what XF are looking for - Controversy!!

Forgetting her lyrics twice in seven days would suggest her preparation for the live shows is not good, which in turn would suggest that all is not well backstage.

If that's the case, the XF propaganda department don't want us to know about it, as they are usually adept at releasing bad news stories from behind the scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgetting her lyrics twice in seven days would suggest her preparation for the live shows is not good, which in turn would suggest that all is not well backstage.

If that's the case, the XF propaganda department don't want us to know about it, as they are usually adept at releasing bad news stories from behind the scenes.

Whatever the situation is, it's better for her leave the competition and develop the areas that she has to work on if she wants to pursue a pop career - she is still young and has time ahead of her
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Jaysus, let's hope she never has to jam with musicians she's never sang with before :eek: They might miss half a beat and she'd be banjaxed :eek:

Good grief........................ Sing the 'effin' song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Whatever the situation is, it's better for her leave the competition and develop the areas that she has to work on if she wants to pursue a pop career - she is still young and has time ahead of her

I'm convinced something is up behind the scenes. She had no problems with lyrics or her performance for the first five weeks and at her age, she should be growing in confidence from week to week, not going backwards.

Something is not right here but it sounds like XF are covering it up and telling us nothing.....Tamera disintegrating on the live shows simply shouldn't be happening.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm convinced something is up behind the scenes. She had no problems with lyrics or her performance for the first five weeks and at her age, she should be growing in confidence from week to week, not going backwards.

Something is not right here but it sounds like XF are covering it up and telling us nothing.....Tamera disintegrating on the live shows simply shouldn't be happening.

She looked very nervous to me at the start of the song. Most likely she had just built the whole thing up too much after forgetting the words last week - a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's potential controversy, they've done it with Melanie and probably doing it with Tamera now. Maybe something isn't right behind the scenes = we don't know the full story but far as I'm concerned she messed up 3 times and has to leave the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tamera apologists really starting to get desperate now.

she messed up twice in this one performance (which is the third time on the show, and the second week in a row). even she's admitted it.
    the first time she was out of time. the second was a clear lyric slip.
    it's on youtube to watch back...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something tells me Louis and Sharon were told to launch that attack on Tamera after Sam's performance as a way of showing that in the minds of the producers they see forgetting the lyrics for a third time as the last straw.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    OP, I really don't understand what you're trying to say. As far as I can interpret it you're saying that the piano came in late so she got confused or something? :confused: From what I can hear nothing sounds late or off.

I'm probably interpreting what you're saying wrong so can you please explain it clearer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    She looked very nervous to me at the start of the song. Most likely she had just built the whole thing up too much after forgetting the words last week - a self fulfilling prophecy.

agreed - she's probably hyped it all up in her head and got herself worked up. she's simply not ready.

isn't she 16?...at that age, any knock at all is a huge huge blow. especially for someone who's used to praise. it does not take much for a teenager's confidence to plummet about something after already having screwed it up before.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that needs clarification although I have no idea how you'd get it, is whether the arrangement was changed at all leading into the chorus.

JA flows straight from the verse into the chorus and thats what Tamera did but I get the feeling that tonights arrangement had a gap of maybe a bar or two, between the verse and the chorus and Tamera forgot that, not her words.