Options

Bradford is "an Israel-free zone"

Comments

• Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    He is attending the Ulster hall later in August. Protestants should protest against it (and Catholics) and tell this numpty he isn't welcome.

Keep us informed on that one Sun.
    Best to get some Tomatoes in for that.:)
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    That'd be great. Protestants and Catholics coming together to tell Galloway to sod off.
    Sadly it won't be that way.
    The anti terrorist P.U.L. people will be there to protest.

The terrorism supporting Sinn Fein will be there to support him.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That man.... he is simply vile!!!

I don't have the words to describe how truly contemptible he is!!!
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Blackburn there has been two pro-Gaza banners on the outside of a derelict pub next to the Tesco superstore for about 3 weeks.It's telling people to boycott Israeli goods and Muslims have been intimidating shoppers, demanding that people open their shopping bags to be inspected >:( The banner has inflamatory language on it and the photos shown are the usual stock images from Syria and elsewhere.The police removed the banner after several complaints but it turned out that Muslims had bought the pub so the banners were on private property.The police PAID to have the banners put back up! I walk past the pub and Tesco on the way to work every morning and someone spray painted, in blue, IDF and Star of David signs on the pub walls one night in a counter protest. :D

It's incredibly depressing that this tit-for-tat tribal/sectarian nonsense is being played out on our streets. And all in response to a FOREIGN conflict.

This is what angers me so much about all these protests. They are the thin end of the wedge. They're unwittingly creating an atmosphere where these sectarian rivalries appear acceptable.

Many of those involved in these protests harbour more extreme views, and having thousands of people marching alongside them legitimises and emboldens their attitudes.

And when things inevitably escalate and somebody gets attacked or some groups start spreading hate speech, all that those that have been naively protesting in good faith and unwittingly fostering this atmosphere of antagonism can say is, "well, of course, we don't agree with that".

But it's too late for their feeble condemnation, because those who are willing and capable of escalating this conflict on our streets have already been encouraged to do so by the climate which has been created.

These protests have to be responsible and reasonable. They must shoot down ANY HINT of extremism at the first opportunity and make it abundantly clear that this is not a conflict that will be tolerated on our streets.

Instead, they naively turn a blind eye to the company they're keeping and the atmosphere they're creating and before you know it anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise, rabble-rousers like Galloway are jumping on the bandwagon with divisive declarations, the black flag of Jihad is being spotted on our streets, and then... what next?

I absolutely detest the atmosphere in this country right now. And it scares me to think of how these issues could affect our society and communities in future.

Meanwhile, all the useful idiots who have unwittingly stoked the fires can barely mumble a cursory word of condemnation.
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Galloway's "Rivers of Blood" moment? I wonder if Galloway has had a vision of seeing glittering, shards of glass in the blackness of the Night ?
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    ennui wrote: »
    Is this Galloway's "Rivers of Blood" moment? I wonder if Galloway has had a vision of seeing glittering, shards of glass in the blackness of the Night ?

You mean he wants his own Kristallnacht , if he does then he needs locking away now
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I'm sure Jews will be gutted they aren't welcome in Bradford now.

Why? He only said that Israeli tourists weren't welcome. Though of course he can't speak for the whole of Bradford!
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Muslims have been slaughtering across the Middle East for years. Like Warsi Galloway only seems to have a problem with it when it's Jews doing it. Nobody can tell me this bandwagon doesn't have anti-Semitic overtones.

Have you been in a cave? Loads of Jews keep pointing out that criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic, not least because they are also very eager to point out that not all Jews agree with Israel. A large number are against the actions of Israel.
    Bluescope wrote: »
    I am all for people having the freedom on speech but with that comes a responsibility for what you are saying. He can be critical of Israel even call for rejecting of people to buy products from that area.

However you cross a line when you try to impose your will on others simply because of the country, race or colour of those people. To suggest excluding people from university, college or coming into the country as tourists simple because of the country of their birth is prejudice.

Just because a state commits acts that you don't agree with you cannot be prejudice against the whole nation nor can you make them accountable as Gallow suggest. He has a responsibility as an MP and a duty of care for all the people of Bradford he cannot pick and choose to target out people just because they come from or have connections with Israel or any other group.

I would hope nobody is daft enough to take this man at his word but it could insight others commit offenses against people of a Jewish background. The man is an idiot and it should be questioned if he is fit enough to stand as an MP given his prejudice.

His direct quotes
    We don't want any Israeli academics coming to the university or college.

"We don't even want any Israeli tourists to come to Bradford even if any of them had thought of doing so.

Well said.

stoatie wrote: »
    Boycotting goods and services is one thing; when you call for a boycott on people you've crossed a line into some very dodgy territory.

Indeed.
    getzls wrote: »
    I see some lists of goods from Israel that people/ fascists want you to boycott.
    Been very helpful for me in choosing Israeli goods to buy. :)

I encourage others to do the same.

Why? Do you also actively seek out products that have made in sweat shops, by companies that pollute the environment and poison their workers? Do you boycott the fascist shops that only sell free range eggs?

I realise some people don't agree with boycotts, or disagree with the subject of the boycotts, but it's a peaceful protest, and it's entirely democratic.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got his own programme Sputnik on Saturday mornings at 9.30 on RT (Freeview 85). I've seen it a couple of times to see what he's like and he's forthright but hardly unhinged as some here seem to think.

Just starting now - let's see if he mentions this.
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    Have you been in a cave? Loads of Jews keep pointing out that criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic, not least because they are also very eager to point out that not all Jews agree with Israel. A large number are against the actions of Israel.

Well said.

Indeed.

Why? Do you also actively seek out products that have made in sweat shops, by companies that pollute the environment and poison their workers? Do you boycott the fascist shops that only sell free range eggs?

I realise some people don't agree with boycotts, or disagree with the subject of the boycotts, but it's a peaceful protest, and it's entirely democratic.

I would certainly support the right of anyone to choose to buy whatever goods they want and to refuse to but whatever goods they want.

If they want to avoid Israeli goods, it's their business, not mine.

Equally, I will not shop and advise every friend and relative not to shop in premises which boycott Israeli goods, which is my choice.

I especially avoid my local Budgens (the poncy belsize park version) which is owned by some pro palestinista polenta eating knob.

However, If any of you anti Israeli chaps pass through north west London, it's the place to pick up your shreddies.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From May 2015 Bradford will be a Galloway free zone.

If only him losing his parliamentary seat would shut him up and/or starve him of the oxygen of publicity he gets.

We can but hope I suppose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    I see some lists of goods from Israel that people/ fascists want you to boycott.
    Been very helpful for me in choosing Israeli goods to buy. :)

I encourage others to do the same.

Good quality food is guaranteed to be made by Jews, I don't need a list.:)
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    That man.... he is simply vile!!!

I don't have the words to describe how truly contemptible he is!!!

I have words but I'm sure the profanity filter would star them out. :D
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    He's just trying to appeal to the Pakistani masses, to try an get them to vote for him next year.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, using the Census 2011's interactive map, I selected ten districts randomly around the centre. Of those only two had white majority status. Not all of them are British as far as I can see, so depending on the amount of East Europeans, the numbers may be even less.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/interactive/census-map-2-1---ethnicity/index.html

Bradford 039J E01033693 : White 17.4 Asian 73.1
    Bradford 039G E01033690 : White 53.3 Asian 19.5
    Bradford 039H E01033691 : White 27.3 Asian 58.3
    Bradford 039I E01033692 : White 46.3 Asian 23.2
    Bradford 039A E01010606 : White 15.5 Asian 76.8
    Bradford 045B E01010613 : White 67.4 Asian 25.0
    Bradford 045C E01010730 : White 46.5 Asian 24.3
    Bradford 048A E01010731 : White 31.9 Asian 42.8
    Bradford 044A E01010834 : White 37.3 Asian 45.7
    Bradford 039E E01010842 : White 12.0 Asian 74.1

Bradford has a very young population so many of the ethnic group classed as white in the census may be pensioners, while the ethnic group classed as Asian may be young.

Therefore your assumption that the majority status will not be lost for a long time, may not turn out to be correct.

Please don't bring facts into the thread, it only confuses the resident idiots.:D
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Please don't bring facts into the thread, it only confuses the resident idiots.:D

:D:D:D - Don't forget the dribblers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meercam wrote: »
    Is he still on Press TV?

If so it must be difficult for him working on an Iranian, Shia television station when the majority of his muslim constituents will be Sunni.
    As ever, Galloway is simply looking out for Galloway by currying favour with different groups.
    In this case, Sunni muslims.

The Mullahs in Iran and Galloway have a common interest, it's called Palestine. I was surprised to hear we are being asked to donate money to Palatine fund for rebuild as it is normally left to Iranian money via the dirt bag Mullahs to rebuild Palestine, they spend sh$t amount of money there every time there has been trouble to compensate martyr families and building houses and roads. Maybe a decision has been made to cut short the long arm of the Mullahs from Palestine, but I can't help but worry that there will be alot of cash for Hamas to re-arm itself with our money. Maybe that's the intention, Hamas arming itself with our money!
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mullahs in Iran and Galloway have a common interest, it's called Palestine. I was surprised to hear we are being asked to donate money to Palatine fund for rebuild as it is normally left to Iranian money via the dirt bag Mullahs to rebuild Palestine, they spend sh$t amount of money there every time there has been trouble to compensate martyr families and building houses and roads. Maybe a decision has been made to cut short the long arm of the Mullahs from Palestine, but I can't help but worry that there will be alot of cash for Hamas to re-arm itself with our money. Maybe that's the intention, Hamas arming itself with our money!

After an Israeli bombing offensive is over, they always ask for concrete to rebuild. Trouble is they were using it to build tunnels not houses.
  • Options
    MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As he works for a Shia television station I wonder whether Galloway will take another convoy to Gaza, passing through Sunni dominated countries?
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Blackburn there has been two pro-Gaza banners on the outside of a derelict pub next to the Tesco superstore for about 3 weeks.It's telling people to boycott Israeli goods and Muslims have been intimidating shoppers, demanding that people open their shopping bags to be inspected >:( The banner has inflamatory language on it and the photos shown are the usual stock images from Syria and elsewhere.The police removed the banner after several complaints but it turned out that Muslims had bought the pub so the banners were on private property.The police PAID to have the banners put back up! I walk past the pub and Tesco on the way to work every morning and someone spray painted, in blue, IDF and Star of David signs on the pub walls one night in a counter protest. :D

Boycotting Israeli goods, especially in this advanced technological age, is impossible.Try using a mobile phone, a PC, X-Box, Kindle or a Playstation without parts made in Israel---can't be done.;-)

I may be a church goer, but any one tried that to me may find some un holy words come from my mouth.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    I doubt that Bradford needs to worry about Israeli tourists - or any tourists at all for that matter

Very true.
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he go on Celebrity Big Brother? How does he have any credibility as a politician after that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who voted for him are not looking for a credible politician to speak for them, that will come when ISIS marches in in a near future through Bradford, for now they just want a motor mouth to say what they feel and getaway with it. Imagine if half of what gorgious George says was said by Mohamed in Bradford he would have been serving time under terrorism laws.;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hereby proudly declare my street a Galloway-free zone.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Hillbillygale;74161586]Good quality food is guaranteed to be made by Jews, I don't need a list.:)[/QUOTE]

I am not boycotting Jewish food.