Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    My 11 year old has left primary school too and he has shed loads of homework from his new school.

Wasn't the point that he can't have homework because, during the holidays, he's between schools?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Wasn't the point that he can't have homework because, during the holidays, he's between schools?

Nope, he would have homework, he will have had a transition day before the end of term and they would have given him a big info pack with lots of lovely homework.

Secondary schools like to keep their new pupils busy.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most cringeworthy and predicable scene in the history of television EVER was the Steve/Lloyd/Andrea countdown in the pub.

Yes, the only thing that was missing was...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dhD9zR6hk
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 11 year old has left primary school too and he has shed loads of homework from his new school.
    Nope, he would have homework, he will have had a transition day before the end of term and they would have given him a big info pack with lots of lovely homework.

So kids get homework before they even get to the school?! :o

I am so glad that I left school in 1980! Even then homework was a pain, but now......... :o
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't given any homework when I was on summer holiday between leaving Junior school and starting grammar school.

Is it a fairly recent thing as my school days were a little while past! ;-)
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    So kids get homework before they even get to the school?! :o

I am so glad that I left school in 1980! Even then homework was a pain, but now......... :o
    So glad I'm retired from teaching then.

I always thought homework was a waste of time for many because either their parents helped them or they copied from their friends. I could always tell if a pupil understood the topic. If they did they got extra work in class which extended them; if they didn't they got more attention and extra work to reinforce the topic.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't given any homework when I was on summer holiday between leaving Junior school and starting grammar school.

It was so long ago, that I can't remember if I had homework between primary and secondary school. I don't think so. I can't remember much about school, but I do remember it being a good school, because it was approved ;-) :D
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    He's the spokeperson for Coronation Street and his email address is david.nugent@itv.com

Thanks. ;-):D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nor was I (went to Grammar School in 1956 - the only thing it was interested in before the first day was that we all had proper uniform).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The exterior shots of the caravan bear no relation to the view seen from inside - including the fact that the car isn't visible in the exterior shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Peter's cellmate was talking about the plot from his pirate book he was reading the blank pages at the end.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    So glad I'm retired from teaching then.

I always thought homework was a waste of time for many because either their parents helped them or they copied from their friends. I could always tell if a pupil understood the topic. If they did they got extra work in class which extended them; if they didn't they got more attention and extra work to reinforce the topic.

:D I didn't mean this in any way as a dig at teachers, rather than the fact that I hated what level I had of homework then, and can certainly imagine hating it even more now!

As it happens I come from family that has had many teachers in it - my great-grandmother was a teacher, my dad was a head teacher, my brother is a head teacher, my sister-in-law is a deputy head and my nephew is a teacher - so I understand (perhaps) more than some what teachers have to put up with!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there's more Corrie 'hilarity' on the way. :o

Neil and Tim both stuck on a roof.
    According the Daily Star newspaper, a show insider revealed: ‘It's a hilarious scene with Neil screaming on one roof and Tim on another.

‘But while one of them is desperate to get down, the other refuses to move!’
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2729370/SPOILER-ALERT-Coronation-Street-s-Andrea-gets-stuck-roof-husband-Neil-protest-romance-Lloyd.html

Sounds laughable but not in the way Corrie want it to be. :o I live in hope. :D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I see there's more Corrie 'hilarity' on the way. :o

Sounds laughable but not in the way Corrie want it to be. :o I live in hope. :D

I've just watched "Worst Place to be a Pilot": deepest Indonesia seems even more desireable than usual, just to get away from the programme, (but not so far away as to be isolated from this thread.)
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never had this either, and I left primary school in 2004.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    :D I didn't mean this in any way as a dig at teachers, rather than the fact that I hated what level I had of homework then, and can certainly imagine hating it even more now!

As it happens I come from family that has had many teachers in it - my great-grandmother was a teacher, my dad was a head teacher, my brother is a head teacher, my sister-in-law is a deputy head and my nephew is a teacher - so I understand (perhaps) more than some what teachers have to put up with!
    Didn't think you were having a dig at teachers. If you want to see that just look in your local newspaper on line on the few occasions there are strikes (which I never did) and you get all the prejudices of teachers having an easy time just working 9 to 3.30, but none will ever take up the challenge to try it to find out just what the hours are and how much work goes on outside the classroom.

But when Corrie and other programmes show teachers like Brian, and people think soaps are like real life, you can't expect anything else.

I'm so glad I retired in 1997.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I never had this either, and I left primary school in 2004.

I feel so old :blush::blush:
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    The exterior shots of the caravan bear no relation to the view seen from inside - including the fact that the car isn't visible in the exterior shot.

When Deirdre was sitting in bed (and apparently not having gone to the toilet for about half a day) there seemed to be more and bigger windows then were visible from the outside of the caravan.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castle won't happen. They'll end up in The Rovers.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Isn't Kirk on holiday? How could he have told Sophie earlier about the job in packing?
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Two things about Rob and Tracey's forthcoming nuptials:-

1. I believe they're getting married in October so there is absolutely NO WAY on God's earth that Mishell would be able to book the sort of venue that Tracey wants, as they would be booked months, or even years, in advance.

2. A venue such as the above-mentioned would cost an arm and a leg so where are they getting the money from? It's not like they've got a thriving business, as first of all they're hardly ever there and secondly, they rarely have any paying customers.

Also - a helicopter?!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. I believe they're getting married in October so there is absolutely NO WAY on God's earth that Mishell would be able to book the sort of venue that Tracey wants, as they would be booked months, or even years, in advance.

2. A venue such as the above-mentioned would cost an arm and a leg so where are they getting the money from? It's not like they've got a thriving business, as first of all they're hardly ever there and secondly, they rarely have any paying customers.

Also - a helicopter?!

I know Tracy is meant to be a "comedy character" (and an unfunny one at that) but this is crap I expect someone like Kirk to come out with. I know Tracy is trying to wind up Me-chelle but that is just stupid.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Job interview on t'street (again)............how very classy and professional. :cool:
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so old :blush::blush:

Had another birthday then ;-) :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also - a helicopter?!

Also there's no way a wedding planner would be that arsey with a client!
This discussion has been closed.