Turning off sleep mode

mikerrmikerr Posts: 29
Forum Member
TVDrive goes to sleep every night (spins the drive down),
but is dead to the remote for 10 seconds or so when its starting up from sleep.

This wouldn't be so bad if it "remembered" the channel change it received from the remote, and changed after it had woken up.

I record stuff onto tivo from the TV Drive - and while this works most of the time, it always fails to record things at 9am

Basically, tvdrive ignores the channel change request if its hdd is spun down (sleeping).

Can this feature be disabled, so its always on?

I'm currently recording alot of "tv drive-activating" at the moment :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    mikerr wrote:
    TVDrive goes to sleep every night (spins the drive down),
    but is dead to the remote for 10 seconds or so when its starting up from sleep.

This wouldn't be so bad if it "remembered" the channel change it received from the remote, and changed after it had woken up.

I record stuff onto tivo from the TV Drive - and while this works most of the time, it always fails to record things at 9am

Basically, tvdrive ignores the channel change request if its hdd is spun down (sleeping).

Can this feature be disabled, so its always on?

I'm currently recording alot of "tv drive-activating" at the moment :(

I think the silence around here is due to the fact that this is one of those 'please search the forum first' questions, but basically the answer is (currently) no....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you try setting a 'dummy' recording to begin and end before 9am thereby activating the TVDrive. So, it will then respond as you want it to when the 'real' recording starts at 9am

Or, leave the TVDrive on the channel you want to record overnight but with a 7 second delay. This means the TVDrive will never rest no matter what the time is.

Doesn't Tivo have a standby function, where it can be set to turn equipment on from standby before changing to the appropriate channel?

I don't know why you want to record to Tivo rather than the TVDrive but each to their own and I'm not one to judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I have the tvdrive connected to an electronic timer that trips it off then on every morning at 5am. This is a hangover from my old pace box which used to run out of memory etc if you used too many interactive features. Not sure how good an idea keeping this connected this way now is...

This gets past my problem of it being asleep (I also leave it on all the time to try an prevent this sleep.

I record the news on a morning, so I can watch it and rewind etc with my breakfast via my Tivo.
    I have a manual tivo pass with keep one episode.

Can't set a repeating manual recording option for bbc1 breakfast as the manual record on tv drive doesn't seem to have a repeat option (I just want Mon-Fri), Breakfast on BBC1 at weekends too when I'm not bothered about it.