Options

Anyone Met THE DOCTOR?

Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
Forum Member
I always dreamed of meeting The Doctor when I was a kid.
And Lo and Behold - when I was about 20 years old, there he was at the hotel I was working in - Tom Baker!! I was a mere hall porter at the time, but I sold him his morning newspaper - The Times!! He was very polite, but quiet. I never got the nerve to ask for his autograph :mad:
He'd just finished with DW by then and was filming something called 'The Book Tower'. I SOOOO wanted to ask him what he thought of Peter Davison!! But I just served him tea and biscuits instead. He was a nice guest though, and didn't look for any attention (unlike some celebrities!).
Has anyone else met a DOCTOR or assistant etc?
A friend of mine met David Tennant a few weeks ago (The Pratt!!!!! ) [my friend, not David!]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    No, but my cousin met Tom Baker in the 1980s, and a friend of mine met Jon Pertwee in 1990s.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met or seen a few at various conventions & signings.
    PT, JP, TB, PD, CB & SM along with loads of companions and other cast & crew.
    Felt sorry for TB at a signing in Aylesbury once. There was hardly anyone there, in fact only me at the time . He was really friendly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I've met CB and SM and seen DT in a play, hopefully I'll see/meet TB and PM at comic con in July :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Pat Troughton and Jon Pertwee years ago at Longleat, plus assorted assistants, most of the U.N.I.T. family from the 70's-80's, head Cyberman and K9 !

Me mate met Matt Smith and had a few drinks with him a few weeks ago. Does he count as a doctor yet?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Yes, I too have worked many of the 'TimeCon' Conventions here in the US, inthe 80's and 90's.

So yes I have me JP (before his passing) TB only once and just for a picture. Was friends with PD, as well as seeing Georgia Moffett when she was still a youngin' (before she was DT's Daughter). Became very good firiends with CB. and anothe good friend of SM.

As well a great friends with Anthony Ainley (not a Doctor, but still a great and fun person)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    I met Chris Eccleston in my local shop (as he's a local lad)

Went in for a packet of cigs and there he was, unshaven, chatting away to Lynn behind the counter about how he was off to the US to do some new show (turns out it was Heroes)

I just stood there gawping like a total geek lol
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met DT in a bar in Cardiff a while back. lovely lovely man even if i did make a tit of myself

My brother keeps telling me i met JP when i was younger but i cant remember :eek:
  • Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met The Doctor on Christmas Day a few years ago, I helped him stop a Graske and he said I was very good and might come back for me one day. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I met Tom Baker years ago at a celeb Cricket match, along with Robert Powell and Denis Waterman.

Met Tom Baker again when a School friend's Dad got us in to meet him at the Beeb. I was a bit lost for words then.

Met Peter Davison when he came into the office I was working at in Soho.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met The Doctor on Christmas Day a few years ago, I helped him stop a Graske and he said I was very good and might come back for me one day. :cool:

I met him last year in my back yard. He said he was closing a tiny little hole in time and space that had found its way to my back garden. He was rude to me and said I got in the way. That's Time Lords for you. :p
  • Options
    tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Billie Piper (and her hubby) after seeing her in Treats and Noel Clarke at an awards do. Got both of their autographs:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Met Tom Baker back in the 90's when he was filming Medics in Salford. Had my Dr Who Monthly with me and he flicked through it and gave many funny comments about the different actors pictured in it. He signed autographs and then went for a pint with me and my mates.

Will never forget that day. A real charming and hypnotic man.

My childhood hero.

Got photos of the day but dont know how to upload them onto here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Not 'met' exactly but a couple of years ago i was out shopping ( I live near a rather lovely Georgian city, where you can have a bath..) turned my head as I was crossing the street and there was this really good looking bloke- shades on, bit of stubble , great hair and I thought 'phwoar'..( as you do) so being the cheeky madam that I am, I muttered 'you're lovely you are' as he passed. ( I know..sad)
    It took me a few seconds to register it was David Tennant!! ( honestly didn't realise ) Severe embarrasment followed and I scuttled off as the poor gorgeous man was so obviously trying to be incognito. So I said no more....just inwardly cringed.
    I've been a 'Who' fan ever since....sigh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not me unfortunately, but my workmate, met DT outside the theatre where he played Hamlet. Apparently she wondered what the queue was for, joined on the back to see, and was treated to a fair ole glimpse of the man. He was very good with a little girl by all accounts....can't remember what else she said, something about his hair I think. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pfft, that's all just actors. I've met a real Time Lord. :D

Met him quite a few times, once had lunch at his house. Very nice guy most of the time, but had a fair debate on a few topics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Tom Baker gave me a jelly baby back in 2000 and Colin Baker and I had a little chat four years later. Both absolutley fantastic people and I've got their autographs!
  • Options
    Cornish AndyCornish Andy Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I met Colin Baker when I was very young. It was a personal appearance at an electrical store in Cornwall (!) to coincide with his debut on the show. He signed an autograph and I recall him being very friendly.

More recently I was lucky enough to meet David Tennant during filming for the Christmas specials in Cardiff. He posed for photos and was very friendly with everyone. Very proud of my photo of me and the Doc in full costume!
  • Options
    Cornish AndyCornish Andy Posts: 365
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Im the one on the right with the Beatles haircut.

If only I still had as much hair! :(

Was great meeting Tom though
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    addax wrote: »
    I met Chris Eccleston in my local shop (as he's a local lad)

Went in for a packet of cigs and there he was, unshaven, chatting away to Lynn behind the counter about how he was off to the US to do some new show (turns out it was Heroes)

I just stood there gawping like a total geek lol

Good old Chris, I've lost count the amount of times I've bumped into him in and around Eccles. I think the last time was in that well known supermarket chain which has Richard Hammond and Alan Hansen plugging it. Very nice guy is this doctor, shame he chose to stop in 1970's Eccles.... :D
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met both Paul McGann (canon Doctor) and Richard E Grant (non-canon Doctor).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    hey i served david tennant 3 times while working at marks and spencer in stratford upon avon. He was doing hamlet at the time, nice guy!