Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Kill List.

Anyone care to explain to me what the heck that was all about? I liked bits of it but the ending just made me cross. Seemed like a ridiculous "twist" and a bit of a cop out.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The Parallax View (1974) Warren Beatty plays a reporter who is investigating the assassination of a politician and stumbles upon a sinister organisation that is recruiting potential assassins.

8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Source Code - 7/10
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit - only made it half way through so far, I've had more enjoyable dental appointments
  • Chelle21Chelle21 Posts: 3,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wimbledon - great feelgood movie!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Had a mini marathon movie week last week

Avengers Assemble
    Reseident Evil: Something or other
    The Bourne Legacy
    Skyfall
    Prometheus
    Total Recall
    The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm sure there were a couple of others
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life of Pi. Totally amazing visual effects and cinematography . Just wish I had seen it in 3D.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Ghostbusters 2 - 6.5/10
    Only just got round to seeing this!
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trance (2013) 6/10
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill List.

Anyone care to explain to me what the heck that was all about? I liked bits of it but the ending just made me cross. Seemed like a ridiculous "twist" and a bit of a cop out.

I think there were a lot of hints throughout the film as to how it would end such as
    when that woman carves that symbol at the back of the mirror and when that contract killer has Jay cut his hand seal the kill list deal in blood

I don't think it was a cop out ending, I think from very early on you could tell that this wasn't going to end in a conventional way.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    Room Service (1938) - 6/10
    Forum Member
    Monsters, Inc
    Cars 2
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Tide (2012)

Truly awful star vehicle (presumably) for Halle Berry. Why does an Oscar winning actress (or actor) pick up a movie script like this ? It's not the first turkey she's made recently either, I watched her in "Perfect Stranger" a few weeks ago, another pile of junk.
    Halle is gorgeous, but after 20 minutes I was cheering for the sharks (she plays a sort of "shark whisperer" by the way)

2/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Him To The Greek (LINK)

A very enjoyable film. Russel Brand gets a lot of flack from people but he's really good in this. There are some very funny moments and the music is great too. And Sean Combs nearly steals the film - he's extremely funny in this.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charlie Wilson's War [2007]. Director: Mike Nichols

5/10

True story of a US congressman raising funds for the Mujahidin against the Soviet-backed government in Afghanistan. Boot's on the other foot now.

Rango [2011]. Director: Gore Verbinski

7/10

Oscar-winning animated Western starring the voice of Johnny Depp.
    Forum Member
    Sherlock Holmes 2
    Tin-Tin
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Had a mini marathon movie week last week

Avengers Assemble
    Reseident Evil: Something or other
    The Bourne Legacy
    Skyfall
    Prometheus
    Total Recall
    The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm sure there were a couple of others

Please give us some ratings so that we get a sense of whether you liked them or not :)
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    The Hobbit - only made it half way through so far, I've had more enjoyable dental appointments

Lol, that must have been bad then! :)
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Olympus Has Fallen

Surprisingly great blokey-bloke actioner. Sure, the cliches pile up quicker than the bodies (and that's a lot), but - at last - we get an action film with a real bit of kick to it and doesn't scrimp on dishing it out either. Solid turns from a commited cast, including some subtle work from Morgan Freeman as a man ever so slightly out of his depth. Nice one. And it pisses all over that last Die Hard dud. How about a game of 'make a sequel', you first? 8/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broken - great little brit drama if a little contrived in the home straight. Certainly recommended to fans of Shane Meadows. 7.5/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also Dr Strangleove for the first time, i think it will definitely improve on subsequent viewings but had a few laugh out loud moments which i wasnt expecting. 7/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelle21 wrote: »
    Wimbledon - great feelgood movie!

About a Brit winning Wimbledon. What a ridiculous plot!
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Senna - By far the most cinematic documentary I've ever seen. A truly engaging piece on one of sport's greatest mavericks.

9/10
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stoker . A friend recommended it ad I really enjoyed it 8/10.
    Forum Member
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    Please give us some ratings so that we get a sense of whether you liked them or not :)
    Not sure I can really.
    2 or 3 are comic book movies and 2 are shooty fighty action where you just leave your mind at the door and waste a few hours.

Seen Skyfall before and probably rated it on this thread.

Prometheus was probably the best I watched. 7 or 8 out of 10.

Tin-Tin last night was impressive for the graphics. It did seem to go on for an awful long time though.

Watched MI: Ghost Protocol. Another shooty action film. They're all the same really.
This discussion has been closed.