Just wanted to update my story. Below is my link from a year ago

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1669147&highlight=gastric+band

And today i am over the moon:D:D:D:D:D:D

I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT OF 9ST 5LB

i am a very happy bunny:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Can we have the obligatory weight loss pic of you in a pair of your old massive trousers please?

EDIT: ah i remember now, you were the one who only weighed 14 stone which everyone thought was a bit too light to warrent a gastric band. So you wont have any massive trousers :(. Unless you borrow a pair?

Anyway im glad you reached your desired weight. 9 stones sounds far to skinny for me (i cant remember your height though tbh). I hope it continues to make you happy.

EDIT 2: Also i would like to mention i have lost half of what you lost in same time period through only small changes to my diet and lifestyle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, you've lost 5 stone.

How do you feel now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Well done, you've lost 5 stone.

How do you feel now?

i feel fab i have gone from a size 20 to a size 10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More than the loss what makes me happy is that i will never put it back on, unlike the normal yo yo stuff i did before :p
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    nevermind
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How tall are you? Thats pretty good going anyway.
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone99 wrote: »

What advice have you come for?

It's good that you are happy but other than telling us you are happy I'm not sure what the purpose of the post is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Someone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ms Steak wrote: »
    Well done Someone :)

How is it well done? The gastric band did the work. I don't understand why we congratulate people for something which requires no effort. I'm glad she's happy but coming down from 14 stone is more aesthetic than anything else.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you save up for the band and get it privately? I don't see how you can get a band from being 14 stone. Otherwise I'd be tempted to get one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it well done? The gastric band did the work. I don't understand why we congratulate people for something which requires no effort. I'm glad she's happy but coming down from 14 stone is more aesthetic than anything else.

You are incorrect when you say the band did ALL the work. I believe it does 30% of it. I would also say that the poster is fairly short, as she was a size 20. At 14 stone she was most likely obese.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will you be able to keep the weight off without the gastric band once you have it removed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They leave the band in usually.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh thanks. I didn't realise that :)
  • monkinomonkino Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations, I am really pleased for you, that is fantastic news. I imagine you feel much more energetic now, and feel positive etc? Its great news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ms Steak wrote: »
    You are incorrect when you say the band did ALL the work. I believe it does 30% of it. I would also say that the poster is fairly short, as she was a size 20. At 14 stone she was most likely obese.

Then why risk your health for something which can be achieved through natural means?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then why risk your health for something which can be achieved through natural means?

You would have to ask the OP that.
  • monkinomonkino Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am happy for the OP. Some people find it almost impossible to lose weight and end up becoming more depressed, and eating more as a result and thereby putting on more weight.

I guess for some people they cannot exercise too well either, so that is another reason why these procedures may help.

Whatever reason it was used I am pleased for her as I am sure it made a big change to her life for the better, and long may it last!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monkino wrote: »
    Well I am happy for the OP. Some people find it almost impossible to lose weight and end up becoming more depressed, and eating more as a result and thereby putting on more weight.

I guess for some people they cannot exercise too well either, so that is another reason why these procedures may help.

Whatever reason it was used I am pleased for her as I am sure it made a big change to her life for the better, and long may it last!
    As I said, it's good she is happy.

I'm just not in favour of procedures which are cosmetic.
  • moanzalotmoanzalot Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    well done, i could never have something like that done, but then again i can find the motivation needed to go to the gym etc if i need to loose weight, everyone is different in those situations i guess
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at the negativity in this thread. I wish the OP congratulations for the weight loss and wish her success in maintaining her ideal weight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done to you for doing something / anything about it. I'm glad you are happier with yourself. I'm not entirely sure why your method of weight loss has attracted so much criticism on here to be honest. I'd just ignore that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Was this NHS or private? I can't believe that the NHS would give someone a band if they only weigh 14 stone.

Well done to you if that was the only way to lose the weight.

For info my weight definitely qualifies me for a band on the NHS but I refused and since September I've lost over 3 stone without regular exercise - just been doing weight watchers. I'm going slow and about to introduce exercise so I don't have saggy skin when I get to goal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    More than the loss what makes me happy is that i will never put it back on, unlike the normal yo yo stuff i did before :p
    How lovely. Well done. And that is what would attract me to having a gastric band.
    In the past I have lost six stone, put it back on, four stone, put it all back on, five stone, put it back on and some.
    Basically I like eating goodies (or rather baddies.)
    My overweight body is my fault. Something will trigger a bout of depression and every time the weight piles back on because I eat for comfort.
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing a late night surf the other day, I've become increasingly frustrated with my size and losing it seems to be much, much harder than say - 2 years ago.

Whilst googling I came upon a surgery site. It had a thing on it where you put your height and weight in, obviously the usual BMI stuff but, this was to see if you are eligible for surgery - I was really shocked to find out I am.

At under 5ft and weighing in at 13 stone I am dangerously obese. When I say that to my friends they are like 'No you're not!' but, according to the numbers I am. I'm not sure why I'm not losing like I used to and I am really considering surgery. I've had my thyroid checked etc. and all is ok. There appears to be no reason why I can't get on that positive cycle of weight loss like I used to, I just can't. I wouldn't mind but I am SO active! It's so frustrating to get on the scale and see no difference or gain! I log my food, I do alternatives, I'm doing all that is expected - eat less, move more....and I still look pregnant!

I am seriously considering getting a band.
    Congrats someone, on your great loss, I bet you feel fab :)