• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I dont think The Unwanted will be a band come 2015

They are wanted ok :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having just listened to the Manic Street Preachers' latest load of Beautiful South-esque middle-aged drivel (this from the ex-Generation Terrorists situationist punk band who were so vital 20 years ago), I wish to god it would be them too.

But it won't.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I dont think The Unwanted will be a band come 2015

How original... They can come back they just need to rethink things. Look how many people stage comebacks from poor selling albums
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    How original... They can come back they just need to rethink things. Look how many people stage comebacks from poor selling albums

Excuse me? I actually used to like them, but their poor attitude and declining music (WTF is I Found You :confused:) ended that, now I can only stand Siva.

But my opinion aside I doubt they will, their album did so badly, I mean #9, for a band always promoted by Capital, that is absolutely awful.

Siva is doing his modelling, Nathan looks set to start a solo career, it won't be too long until they throw the towel in
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    Excuse me? I actually used to like them, but their poor attitude and declining music (WTF is I Found You :confused:) ended that, now I can only stand Siva.

But my opinion aside I doubt they will, their album did so badly, I mean #9, for a band always promoted by Capital, that is absolutely awful.

Siva is doing his modelling, Nathan looks set to start a solo career, it won't be too long until they throw the towel in

How original was in reference to 'The Unwanted' comment usually used by 12 year old 1D fans on twitter. I agree the album has done badly, I never denied that I just said that many people come back from bad selling albums and have success which is true.

I just don't think they will throw in the towel and nor do I think they should, the album IMO is really quite good and deserved a better review than DS gave it. Nathan just recorded one song away from the group and people say he's looking to start a solo career, I don't see it happening next year I think they will just work on a new album and see how it goes

I don't think Nathan, Jay or Siva have bad attitudes either, they just get lumbered in with Tom and Max who have said very stupid things about the wrong people. They shouldn't have spent so long in America over the past year which alienated fans here
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays: the DS music forum would go into meltdown!:D

I certainly would as I like them. Have done since they came out first :cool: I'm sure most of their fans would go into meltdown.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    How original was in reference to 'The Unwanted' comment usually used by 12 year old 1D fans on twitter. I agree the album has done badly, I never denied that I just said that many people come back from bad selling albums and have success which is true.

I just don't think they will throw in the towel and nor do I think they should, the album IMO is really quite good and deserved a better review than DS gave it. Nathan just recorded one song away from the group and people say he's looking to start a solo career, I don't see it happening next year I think they will just work on a new album and see how it goes

I don't think Nathan, Jay or Siva have bad attitudes either, they just get lumbered in with Tom and Max who have said very stupid things about the wrong people. They shouldn't have spent so long in America over the past year which alienated fans here

Yeah but the singles have hardly set the world on fire have they? Infact they've done pretty badly.

I think they should if I'm honest, they seem to be hanging around America like a bad smell, truth is in America they are one hit wonders, they haven't cracked America and I doubt they will, they need to realise that their only hope is to come back to the uk and put the effort in over here.

I think Jay is just as gobby as Tom and Max, I agree Nathan isn't gobby, but I've gone of of him for other reasons, which is sad as he used to be the only one I gave a crap about.

Siva on the other hand seems a good guy, I hope the modelling works out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a shame about The Wanted. They have good songs. Pity their arrogant rude horrible attitude has caused them to suffer.

They had it all 2 years ago.

They have most definitely released better songs than 1D. Although I can't help but favour 1D more solely because they still seem very genuinely down to earth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Wanted will break up within two years. I mean who cares for them much anymore besides die hard fans?

And it's a bit funny, even though Christina Aguilera isn't that well liked herself but I think one of the members criticising her for not knowing who he was, has led to their irrelevance.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays should definetly split their sales history is so pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    The Saturdays should definetly split their sales history is so pathetic.

I suppose but they are consistent even though they are not big sellers and a safe bet for the label. But I think the latest baby may be the road to the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Franz won't split I don't think, if they were going to then they would have by now
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose but they are consistent even though they are not big sellers and a safe bet for the label. But I think the latest baby may be the road to the end.

I like them but they are just embarrassing themselves now by continually racking up studio album after studio album that can't even reach gold status ( will their new one even reach 20k?).

I actually thought it was all going to turn around for them when they finally had a smash with "What About Us" but alas nope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I like them but they are just embarrassing themselves now by continually racking up studio album after studio album that can't even reach gold status ( will their new one even reach 20k?).

I actually thought it was all going to turn around for them when they finally had a smash with "What About Us" but alas nope.

TBQH albums don't sell as well anymore for anyone bar a few. So it doesn't surprise me. It's the singles that tend to make an artist these days.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1d, 1d, 1d! :D
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Franz Ferdinand
    2. Beady Eye
    3. Radiohead
    4. Kaiser Chiefs
    5. Travis

Why do you assume any of them will split next year? :confused:

Looking at your list I see no reason why any of them would split.

Radiohead, for example, are in a position where they can do what they want, when they want, with no record label interference. Why would they split?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having just listened to the Manic Street Preachers' latest load of Beautiful South-esque middle-aged drivel (this from the ex-Generation Terrorists situationist punk band who were so vital 20 years ago), I wish to god it would be them too.

But it won't.

You have answered your own statement, probably without even realising it.

Generation Terrorist was 20 years ago!! You will not be the same in 20 years time, so why do you expect people in a band to be the same today as they were 20 years ago? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBQH albums don't sell as well anymore for anyone bar a few. So it doesn't surprise me. It's the singles that tend to make an artist these days.

It isn't at all. What a ridiculous assumption to make.

It may be the case for genres like Pop, but it isn't true of many other genres.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I reckon The Saturdays will go on a "hiatus".

Gives them time to rack up a few reality TV appearances and big up the bands name again (a'la McFly)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Franz Ferdinand & BEs new albums have failed miserably. FF haven't progressed their sound at all and what sounded fresh & new 10 years ago is now tired. On the flip side the Manics were so energetic until 2006, now they make music to fall asleep to. It's a crying shame considering how passionate they uaed to be. By all accounts Radiohead now can't seem to stand being in the same room together. Kaiser Chiefs have already lost their drummer & main songwriter and Ricky will have his head turned by The Voice (he's always been a fame **** anyway). And Travis, well, nobody's interested anymore, are they?

I hate to see bands do an REM - hang on for far too long & churn out increasingly tired albums just bexause they're contracted to do so, rather than they're feeling inspired & fresh. Alas I think the Manics are in that state now & they sound staler than month-old bread. Pity.