Options

Evander is clearly gay

hilarybbfanhilarybbfan Posts: 1,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally think anyone at all expressing homophobic remarks is doing it because they are fully gay or have gay leanings that they are totally ashamed of and unwilling to admit. I think Evander stated that he felt 'gay can be cured' because he believes he has 'cured' himself.. he's been married three times and has 11 children, on the 11 children thing isn't that machoism to the extreme, hey look what a man I am I couldn't possibly be gay (although I am secretly).. what do you think? ps. I think it's a great series so far :)

Comments

• Options
    Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are being silly.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I think not but interesting theory
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'he who protests the loudest'
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you could be sued for libel!
  • Options
    Adam_JeevesAdam_Jeeves Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I think he isn't gay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's just an arse.

I was reading that homophobic people tend to not really show much affection at all, seems like he fits that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    People are forgetting his a religious person and probably only thinks that way because of the bible like most of them do who are brainwashed.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would doubt that he is gay. He's just got some rather old fashioned/out of date views.
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he really say he had "cured" himself? I didn't hear that.

You might be on to something there.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I personally think anyone at all expressing homophobic remarks is doing it because they are fully gay or have gay leanings that they are totally ashamed of and unwilling to admit. I think Evander stated that he felt 'gay can be cured' because he believes he has 'cured' himself.. he's been married three times and has 11 children, on the 11 children thing isn't that machoism to the extreme, hey look what a man I am I couldn't possibly be gay (although I am secretly).. what do you think? ps. I think it's a great series so far :)

whilst there are likely alot of cases where this is true with some ''homophobes'', i really think Evander is just ignorant and misguided.
    Once they mention the ''bible'' its best just to stop any sort of debate there.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    No offence OP but I always find the 'he protests too much so must be secretly gay' argument to be a very very weak one.

Do you think Nick Griffin is actually a fan of minorities or 'Call me Dave' Cameron secretly votes Labour too..?

There just seems to be a total lack of logic in applying that kind of reasoning in all cases where someone claims not to be something. Sure there may exceptions to this but some people seem to treat it as if it's a rule of thumb or something.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    As long as he can afford to support them, what is wrong with him having eleven children?
  • Options
    Derbyshire.Derbyshire. Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wish OP
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He has 11 children, you would think if he was gay he would have realised after the first one!
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.A.N.N.Y wrote: »
    People are forgetting his a religious person and probably only thinks that way because of the bible like most of them do who are brainwashed.

Agree.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops - defamation law suit ensues (take cover)
  • Options
    dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty sure he wouldn't have 11 kids if he was gay
  • Options
    DLcastoffDLcastoff Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I don't think Evander is gay, there is research out there which supports the OP's theory. Those who are most vocally anti gay tend to be more likely to have lame sex attractions.

Why would it be libellous to think someone is gay? There is nothing wrong or shameful about it. It is no different to saying you think a blonde person is naturally a brunette.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb2k9 wrote: »
    pretty sure he wouldn't have 11 kids if he was gay

lots of men have had families and have later come out and said they are gay -
    seriously, Evander Holyfield is not gay - just because he has vocalised his views on the subject, doesn't point at him being in denial or something,it's reaching a bit too far
    DLcastoff wrote: »
    Whilst I don't think Evander is gay, there is research out there which supports the OP's theory. Those who are most vocally anti gay tend to be more likely to have lame sex attractions.

Why would it be libellous to think someone is gay? There is nothing wrong or shameful about it. It is no different to saying you think a blonde person is naturally a brunette.

don't think Evander would see it like that do you - Look at the millions Tom Cruise won in libel suit against a mag for accusations on his sexuality !
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

I'm pretty sure the last bit here isn't true, but happy to be proven wrong. Any chance of a link? Also are you saying this is now widely accepted as opposed to individual studies/ articles claiming this (there's a big difference here of course).

Sure there are some examples of vehement anti gay protesters turning out to be gay or bi-sexual (Ted Haggard etc) but your use of the words 'tend to be more likely to' interests me, and I just wondered whether there was anything to back it up? Genuinely interested!
  • Options
    michaelkegnanmichaelkegnan Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bible says gays should be killed; sad but true. That is the root of homophobia in most cases. I detest religion but accept people can express their views regardless of who it offends.
  • Options
    Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    He has 11 children, you would think if he was gay he would have realised after the first one!

I was about to say the same thing. 11 kids is a hell of point to prove he isn't on the 'downlow'.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Say that again and I will call my lawyers. :D
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moronic!!!!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of for God's sake. Pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.