Lucy's diction

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
She sings in tune, but to me she's just mumbling the words. I can't make out a single word she's singing.

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was not brave. It was a cop out.

A credible soprano is supposed to sing a song written for a soprano.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the winner YAY
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was italian, thats why you probably cant make out the words.

It ends Vincero, vincero, vincero.

Vin chair oh

And its a mans song.

O mio babbino caro is better for a woman, i think. (as an example)
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I know it was Italian - I have studied it, but I couldn't make out a single word.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect she learned it phonetically then. Thats what they do, isnt it?

I think shes got a bit of a nasal voice, a bit like katharine henkins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    I think shes got a bit of a nasal voice, a bit like katharine henkins.

Agreed. She needs to work on that.

I can't lie, I went right off her in her semi-final when she had no clue of the name or the composer of the song she was singing. Which is unfair, but meh :cool:
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I know it was Italian - I have studied it, but I couldn't make out a single word.

Siete sordi?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't lie, I went right off her in her semi-final when she had no clue of the name or the composer of the song she was singing. Which is unfair, but meh :cool:

I was really surprised it was by ennio morricone. I thought it was from an old puccini opera, or something similar.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She absolutely murdered that song.
    Forum Member
    I was really surprised it was by ennio morricone. I thought it was from an old puccini opera, or something similar.

I was surprised too! It was really beautiful - I meant to research if it's from one of his film scores or if he actually composed an opera but I forgot :blush:

(if I'd been singing it on stage and sure to be asked about it afterwards I would have remembered though! :p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised too! It was really beautiful - I meant to research if it's from one of his film scores or if he actually composed an opera but I forgot :blush:

(if I'd been singing it on stage and sure to be asked about it afterwards I would have remembered though! :p)

Nella fantasia. We have it on a russell watson album. Maybe on a bocelli one as well.

It was on the film score for The Mission
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Nella Fantasia is a vocal version of Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Lucy was fantastic! What a voice she's got on her. She was note perfect as far as I could hear. Can't believe how good she is.
    Forum Member
    Nella fantasia. We have it on a russell watson album. Maybe on a bocelli one as well.

It was on the film score for The Mission

Oooo, thank you! And also thank you SuperSoaper :)

(I am off to Youtube to research this more!)
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I thought Lucy was fantastic! What a voice she's got on her. She was note perfect as far as I could hear. Can't believe how good she is.

This. Plus she is bloody gorgeous
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I must been watching a different show as I don't think she has a "nasal voice" and either does Katherine Jenkins.

She only just beginning and who knows where her voice can take as she gets more better and better.
  • blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a lovely voice, however she absolutely sang the wrong song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    She sings in tune, but to me she's just mumbling the words. I can't make out a single word she's singing.

And lacks a lot of charisma!
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She absolutely murdered that song.

I have to agree . She has way too much vibrato in her voice . I don't know if she has a singing teacher but the first thing she has to do is to get mastery of all this vibrato .
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some won't agree with me but I have heard Joe McElderry sing it so much better! His diction is fine.
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good voice, but horrible diction. No passion either!
    She has a lovely voice, however she absolutely sang the wrong song!
  • Jackisback24Jackisback24 Posts: 21
    Forum Member

She was asked about that in an interview I saw during the week, she said she couldn't hear what was being asked because of the noise in the studio. At first I also thought it was strange that she wouldn't know the composer but knowing about her training and background I am pretty sure she does know her music. I believe her when she said she couldn't hear the judges because all these programmes have a screaming audience