Options

Emmerdale Could Jasmine now return ...

lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With news that Jenna Coleman is set to finish up Doctor who .....could Jasmine now return to Ed ?

She has Ashley and Laurel still in the village.....not to mention Debbie ....

Comments

• Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she move backwards in her career? She's probably glad to see the back of the boring farm.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What for?
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way in the world would she need to regress to soap work again, at least for the forseeable future.

(Sorry Star, but we have to maintain at least a semblance of reality on here). ;-)
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Soaps pay good money, hence the "return" of various characters whether we want them or not! Actually, I do think this would be a good storyline as I love Sandy so to have him involved again with Jasmine would be interesting.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think she would, she progressed too far with her career.
  • Options
    lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Soaps pay good money, hence the "return" of various characters whether we want them or not! Actually, I do think this would be a good storyline as I love Sandy so to have him involved again with Jasmine would be interesting.

I agree , bear in mind Jenna mutally agreed to leave Doctor who signalling she is maybe wanting to do something else ....i dont see why a return to a soap where the money is high is so odd . Emmerdale is a brilliant soap .
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Yes please! :)

Seconded, would hate to think that she wouldn't be on our screens and 5 nights a week is ok by me.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »

No actor who's career is on the up and up would dream of returning to work in a soap.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »

She has been mildly successful in Doctor Who but shes hardly set the world on fire. I don't think shes that big a hit with longterm fans of Who either.
    There is no reason why she couldn't come back but i hope she doesn't. More screentime for Debbie is NOT what we need!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been mildly successful in Doctor Who but shes hardly set the world on fire. I don't think shes that big a hit with longterm fans of Who either.
    There is no reason why she couldn't come back but i hope she doesn't. More screentime for Debbie is NOT what we need![/QUOTE]

bib: Agreed!!
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes a million times YES!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

*blissfully ignores all posts that say nay
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    No actor who's career is on the up and up would dream of returning to work in a soap.
    whoops, I hadn't realised her career was on the up and up, so what's she doing next?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably best to wait until she has actually left Doctor Who to decide that. Only The Mirror seems to know anything about this :p

But I expect she'll do other stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenna will be to busy doing gritty UK drama's and stateside productions to climb down the ladder to Emmerdale.

More of a chance of me being cast the ED version of Jack the Ripper who slay's every last Dingle than Jasmine returning with Jenna's head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she? There's no point to her. She was only there before to murder Shane Doyle. Both her and Paul McEwan were brought in for that purpose.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,386
    Forum Member
    Jenna will be to busy doing gritty UK drama's and stateside productions to climb down the ladder to Emmerdale.

More of a chance of me being cast the ED version of Jack the Ripper who slay's every last Dingle than Jasmine returning with Jenna's head.

As long as you spare Aaron. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as you spare Aaron. lol

:o

I could NEVER harm a hair on the saviours head. All hail King AARON!!!! :D
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that she'd only return briefly if she did return, but I don't see why she should
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Why would she? There's no point to her. She was only there before to murder Shane Doyle. Both her and Paul McEwan were brought in for that purpose.

Eh? Jasmine was brought in back in 2005. Shane's murder wasn't until 2008.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Karen Gillan, the last Who companion (and overall goddess), has gone on to land two hollywood movies and her own US show, so I would hope she's set her sights higher than that.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen Gillan, the last companion (and overall goddess), has gone on to land two two hollywood movies and her own US show, so I would hope she's set her sights higher than that.

Karen Gillan has more talent in her little finger than Jenna Coleman has in her whole body. Jenna is as wooden as the chair Jasmine used to kill Shane.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Gillan, the last Who companion (and overall goddess), has gone on to land two two hollywood movies and her own US show, so I would hope she's set her sights higher than Emmerdale Farm.

Just because one person has got a good career after leaving Doctor Who doesn't mean everyone else will. Frazer Hines left Doctor Who to join Emmerdale so it's not out of the realms of possibility
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Karen Gillan has more talent in her little finger than Jenna Coleman has in her whole body. Jenna is as wooden as the chair Jasmine used to kill Shane.
    Jenna's fine, she's been handed some bad writing. Clara really comes into her own in the new leaked episodes.
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Just because one person has got a good career after leaving Doctor Who doesn't mean everyone else will. Frazer Hines left Doctor Who to join Emmerdale so it's not out of the realms of possibility
    Matt Smith got a major role in the new Terminator trilogy out of it and Arthur Darville a gig on Broadchurch and stint on Broadway. The recent rise of geek directors and producers and the show's new found success in America means a lot of major directors are well aware them. As for Frazer Hines, different times.