Snoring

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
Forum Member
Anyone got any tips on how to stop a dog snoring? Making him sleep on his own is not an option.

Comments

• rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbunz wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on how to stop a dog snoring? Making him sleep on his own is not an option.

My parents King Charles snores really badly, but they found if they give him something to rest his chin on, it really helps a lot, both with his breathing and his snoring

He usually sleeps with his chin resting on one of my dads shoes or the edge of his buscuit bowl..when he's here he likes to sleep with his nose on a little step I have

I don't know if that would be an option for your dog, but it certainly helps him :)
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I haven't worked it out for husbands so I certainly can't help with the dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Aw I wouldnt want to stop my doggie from snoring, it is the cutest noise, and anyway I'm happy to see him 'quiet' as such for a time :D
  • B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »
    I haven't worked it out for husbands so I certainly can't help with the dog.

Ahh!!!

I don't snore :p, but my wife does (I can't beleive that I'm posting in the pets forum...) If I gently say "Jen, turn on your side..." she normally does and I can sleep. I think people snore when they sleep on their backs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog snores she is loud. I was doing my work and she was lay under the table and she was growling or snoring in her sleep lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    My parents King Charles snores really badly, but they found if they give him something to rest his chin on, it really helps a lot, both with his breathing and his snoring

He usually sleeps with his chin resting on one of my dads shoes or the edge of his buscuit bowl..when he's here he likes to sleep with his nose on a little step I have

I don't know if that would be an option for your dog, but it certainly helps him :)

my ossie(cat) used to snore bad but he had respiratory problems he aways used to find a way to prop his head up and that did help him i miss hearing ossie snore now he's not here:cry::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Rosemary, I took your advice and propped his head up with a pillow, it didn't stop the snoring completely but it reduced it to a more acceptable level. Thank you :)
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Aw I wouldnt want to stop my doggie from snoring, it is the cutest noise, and anyway I'm happy to see him 'quiet' as such for a time :D

That’s exactly how I feel! And I am such a deep sleeper when I am asleep myself I never get woken up from him- unlike my other half who throws a pillow at him to shut up. :(
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Instal a Stanna stairlift and send him down to the bottom of the stairs. :cool:
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    My cat snores quite loudly but I snore too so I pity anyone within earshot!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't the dog sleep alone?

I sympathise, my cat snores really loudly, I just boot her gently to wake her up and pray I can fall asleep again before she starts up again.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ear plugs work really well - not for the animals obviously :D
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosemary, I took your advice and propped his head up with a pillow, it didn't stop the snoring completely but it reduced it to a more acceptable level. Thank you :)

Aww thats brilliant, You're more than welcome, I'm just really pleased I could help a bit :)