Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps. If it goes out after 9, then can edit a lot of the good stuff back in!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Room 101 should be a 10pm show. I wonder if they'll get an XL edition?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    What I don't get is that they recorded about 2.5 hours and if it's to be just 30 minutes, they won't just cut out the waffle - but all the good stuff too.

The same happened when i went to the recording of "Opinionated" back in April this year.The recording took just over 3hrs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must expect to get the panel to talk absolute nonsense, or have a category they can drop completely. They also had an audience suggestion, which was rubbish. I hope that goes!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds alright but the guest list is a touch woeful... Maybe cause Frank's pissed off so many people over the years!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    When is it on?
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is it on?

Scheduled for January 2012 on BBC1. The recording earlier this week suggested an 8:30pm slot too, but this far in advance nothing is set in stone.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Scheduled for January 2012 on BBC1. The recording earlier this week suggested an 8:30pm slot too, but this far in advance nothing is set in stone.

Thanks,

So glad there is going to be more Frank on TV along with Opinionated coming back. :D
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a blog which talks about the new series...
    http://jonabuft.blogspot.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found a blog which talks about the new series...
    http://jonabuft.blogspot.com/

I can’t believe that blogger got such a good picture of the new set! I went to the recording on Monday and whilst I can’t remember if they actually said don’t take pictures they are normally VERY strict on such things! And that pics looks almost professional! Get that guy a job as a spy!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    No too disimilar setup to The Bubble or Have You Been Watching. I supposed there's not much leeway with a host and three guests.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the conveyor belt that used to carry the object along and then hit to the floor with a crash!

http://distillery.s3.amazonaws.com/media/2011/10/10/87381ace42854e62b77692d09a53686b_7.jpg
    does Frank put anything in the 2 vaults or is that just decoration?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they are just decoration.

Each seat has a box next to it where the item to pitch for being put in room 101 appears. What happens when an item is chosen is it goes back down, and the cover comes over - then it appears on the screen going into the vault.
  • Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    You're 100% correct Audio Rebel! :D (although there are certain male comedians who are also on every show). Also, they are also going to be having Josh Groban and Alice Cooper as guests! Here's a list of 17 guests. I don't know how many episodes this series will be.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-10-10/frank-skinner-to-present-new-version-of-room-101

I'm curious to know who was on the episodes that people in this thread saw.

:D Thanks for the tip-off Samusek2,it was guaranteed she'd pop up somewhere along the line as she is the #1 queen of panel show celeb appearances.No doubt her love of cakes will get a mention!! ;)
  • Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    "People who don't like cake. 'Cause I love it and people who don't, make me sad."

:D I can just imagine her quoting those exact words !!
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new series of Room 101 starts Friday 20th January 8.30pm BBC1.According to the tv guide there are 8 episodes in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    The new series of Room 101 starts Friday 20th January 8.30pm BBC1.According to the tv guide there are 8 episodes in this series.

And the first guests are Fern Britton, Robert Webb and Danny Baker, which is the one that i went to see. It also means that are not airing in the order they were filmed as this was the 3rd episode to be recorded.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    Frank Skinner = me not watching

You will not be alone Frood, me neither.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    And the first guests are Fern Britton, Robert Webb and Danny Baker, which is the one that i went to see. It also means that are not airing in the order they were filmed as this was the 3rd episode to be recorded.

That's the one I went to as well!

I wish I'd remembered to let people know on here that they were offering out more audience tickets at the start of January. Sorry!
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I went to see one of the recordings on Tuesday which had Rebecca Front, Micky Flanagan and John Prescott as guests. I enjoyed it, it had some very funny bits but I think it's too much like a panel show now and as such I don't think it will last as long as the previous formats did.
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Mr Skinner is a bit of a creepy persona to watch. One less programme to consider in my personal tv scheduling.
  • GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I've only seen reports that Skinner has been confirmed. I've seen it posted about being a panel show but no report or confirmation about it.

I thought Dara O Briain or even Sean Lock could be good choices. They've both hosted similar shows in the past. I guess Skinner is also a good choice though and the others may have other comitments.

The Sean Locke one about the best and worst TV (it turned out to be all rubbish) was surprisingly good. Most were very good. But apart from me I think the viewing figures would be very low.
  • GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember that Who Would You Invite To Dinner? With Ann Robinson - choose five guests dead or alive (y'know what I mean)

Well, The Sun said (before the first episode was aired) thast Ricky Gervais would be first guest and the first thing AR said to him was he looks fatter in real life. His choices were obvious type ones, Elvis, Ghandi, JfK, Ali types.

BUT strangely if was NEVER shown. Anyone know why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    The Ricky Gervais one was a non-broadcast pilot I think. Guess it just never got past that stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    What is odd is that it's down as a 30 minute show, yet they filmed for 2.5 hours. If they edit that down, they'll lose everything!

I think most panel quiz shows record 2 to 3 hours then cut it down, QI and Would I lie To You Do. They do similar with some radio shows - 'I've Never Seen Star Wars lasted about 2.5hours and it was a shame they had to cut it down as well.

They should get rid of BBC3 and convert into a channel that shows unedited versions of shows...I'd watch them...

I saw an edition of Would I Lie To You recorded and they recorded 3hours which was cut down to 30minutes...In my opinion they should have cut another 30minutes out of it as the whole evening was a bit of a drag...although David Mitchell and Lee Mack were superb.

Oh, as for Room 101: why mess with an OK set up...it wasn;t getting tired for me it's a bit like Desert Island Discs: two people chatting and DID has been going for decades and is still great...everyone is different because it's about a different person each week and we are all different.

A change to a panel show is weak and unappealling...No problem with Mr Skinner...doubt I will watch it.