Can't get e-mails from BT now?

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BT have been messing about with their customers e-mails and I can no longer send or receive e-mails I have tried using any of the 3 passwords I have used since I have been with them and none if them is recognised an anyone advise in simple terms what I need to do as I don't want to phone and have to talk to someone on the otherside of the world

Comments

• Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    HDMI wrote: »
    BT have been messing about with their customers e-mails and I can no longer send or receive e-mails I have tried using any of the 3 passwords I have used since I have been with them and none if them is recognised an anyone advise in simple terms what I need to do as I don't want to phone and have to talk to someone on the otherside of the world

Have you tried accessing from the BT email site (or resetting your email)

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried from BT site and it says does nor recognise password/log in I have tried using all of the 3 passwords I have ever used with BT and still it does not know me I don't know how to reset e-mail
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    Try the Forgotten password? link underneath the login password box.
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ihave tried that it just sends me an e-mail to put in a new password but the e-mail can't get to me because I can't receive e-mails from BT I can log in to BT but if I click on e-mail I get nowhere
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Any joy?

I have just tried my email. Only to get a screen saying suspicious activity may have been detected - reset your pass word. I checked the page internet address address was alright and checked again with norton - and it came from my own favourites so i don't think I was being hit by malware. i thought of a new password, reset it, but got a blank screen. I tried login in with both the new and old password and got please reset your password. again..

Phoned BT india. Who claim this is because they are changing from BT Yahoo to Btmail and it will tak etwo days before I can get in again. Use your password then he says - it should work . I enquire whether I should use the one I started today with , or the one I have just changed it to . he can't understand the question for 3 tries. Finally he tells me to use the last one I changed it to.

I try and get in five minutes later and everything is working on old password still?

I take from this that no one at Bt knows what they are doing. And your email may be caught in the transfer process? Or deceased - if it wasn't transferered into the same account as the one they think is your main one.
    Forum Member
    A week later and the bug is back with the email log in bringing up the same message about changing the password because of spurious activity - it started working on its own again last time after it refused to take any new password. Now its off again. Is this BT actually doing what they said they were doing last week, and moving the service to btmail from yahoo, another fault, or a real problem? So annoying when all they need to do is to tell you they are switching you, or they have a problem with their system.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    for the last 2 months i have had problems with my bt email accounts..it seems theyve been changing things and must have messed up ..the bt id linking scheme seems to have somthing to do with this as never had a problem and when i want to log in my emails it mentions my bt id ..why bring this in to the email system that worked fine and i have a bt id but still cant access 2 email accounts i have had for years...why do they change things that work. >:(
    ..its just not good enough bt
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im also having problems getting in to my BT emails this evening as well as the My BT page.

Darren
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Don't rely on one email account, there are many out there THIS one and THIS one are the most popular.
    Forum Member
    BT back to being downright useless again. Email goes to the nonsense page about suspicious activity again. Its not because they are converting me to bt mail from yahoo as they claimed last time - because the primary email address is working .They still havent converted either address from yahoo - although they said they would do it soon last spring. They just seem incapable of making their email work. No use phoning BT India as they a have no idea, and make it up as they go along. More twiddling fingers - while hoping it will come back again soon.........
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    BT back to being downright useless again. Email goes to the nonsense page about suspicious activity again. Its not because they are converting me to bt mail from yahoo as they claimed last time - because the primary email address is working .They still havent converted either address from yahoo - although they said they would do it soon last spring. They just seem incapable of making their email work. No use phoning BT India as they a have no idea, and make it up as they go along. More twiddling fingers - while hoping it will come back again soon.........
    Are you referring to the old Talk21 accounts? If so it seems like the move doesn't apply. At least not yet anyway. Despite being told ages ago I was about to be migrated mine is still hosted on Yahoo and I login via mail.yahoo.com.

Like you I received an email that told me to start using the BT homepage but that just brings up an error saying the account is locked out.
    Forum Member
    s2k wrote: »
    Are you referring to the old Talk21 accounts? If so it seems like the move doesn't apply. At least not yet anyway. Despite being told ages ago I was about to be migrated mine is still hosted on Yahoo and I login via mail.yahoo.com.

Like you I received an email that told me to start using the BT homepage but that just brings up an error saying the account is locked out.

No this is BT BT yahoo account . It came back again last ime of its own accord. Tonight its off again. Their message page that pops up makes no sense as it talks about multiple access attempts and asks you to change your password . But changing your password is no defence against multiple attempts to break it - and any new password is a vulnerable as any decent old one. Sometimes you can change the pssword, others not, but it makes no difference as it comes back in its own time anyway. It looks like their system just defaults to an irrelevant page when it has a fault.
    Forum Member
    It came back the next day - obviously nothing wrong with hackers or transfer to BTMAIL.

I looked on the BT site, and there's a trail of woe from people complaining its been happening for two years, they still are getting cut off from their email, and BT India is useless.

However, there's one post from someone, who was told a workaround ,by a BT UK adviser. Seems if you go to yahoo login, and login, you can still read your meails when this happens. Its going from the BT site that t the attaempt fails.

So they have moved people from btyahoo's login , to their own login on BT dot com, and now have to tell poeple to go to yahoo as their own site isn't reliable . Difficult to believe how anyone could make such a mess.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/yahoo-security-password-resets-are-causing-misery-to-many-BT/td-p/831184
  • brymbo76brymbo76 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I had to reset my email password a week or two ago due to that 'Suspicious Activity' message coming up on screen after trying to log in.
    It's been fine though since that.

Tonight after trying to log in, it take about 15 seconds to try to go to my email account and then goes to a screen saying "Inactivity Timeout" and underneath "Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for document."

I hope nothing has happened to my email account and hope I haven't lost my emails but right now I can't log in any way I try.

Anyone else having this problem and message tonight?
    What do you suppose it is and what should I do?

Hope someone can suggest something.
    Thanks.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    However, there's one post from someone, who was told a workaround ,by a BT UK adviser. Seems if you go to yahoo login, and login, you can still read your meails when this happens. Its going from the BT site that t the attaempt fails.
    Getting a terrible feeling of deja vu here :p