Audley's nominations, most interesting of series

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
Forum Member
✭✭
Just realised that has never nominated someone more than once.

W1- Leslie and Kellie
W2- Frenchie and Stephanie
W3- James and Edele
W4- George and Dee

Now, excluding himself and David (who was evicted before first normal noms), the only people Audley has not nominated were Lauren, Ricci, Claire and Gary. Three of them are gone, so out of the current ones, he has only not nominated Gary. Interesting.

Comments

• MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all about the tactics - Audley wants to win!

It's worked for him so far.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »

I think they all want to win and are using different tactics .For example Dee, James and George are pushing their 'Britishness' just in case viewers have forgotten Gary is American and Americans don't win CBB.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Shows he has no bitterness directed at any particular person, which is why some of the others are stabbing themselves in the foot.

But then again, if I knew that anyone with 1 nomination would be up I'd probably be spreading my votes out too.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows he has no bitterness directed at any particular person, which is why some of the others are stabbing themselves in the foot.

But then again, if I knew that anyone with 1 nomination would be up I'd probably be spreading my votes out too.

I am guessing as I haven't done a comparison but at first glance his noms look more closely correlated to negative crowd reaction than most.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    I am guessing as I haven't done a comparison but at first glance his noms look more closely correlated to negative crowd reaction than most.

Doubt it. He nominated Leslie a couple of days after he was taken off the Star of the Show, this was before he was booed. Kellie was cheered in the first week too. And with the last round, George was getting cheers and Dee had never been up, so he didn't know if she was liked or disliked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    I think they all want to win and are using different tactics .For example Dee, James and George are pushing their 'Britishness' just in case viewers have forgotten Gary is American and Americans don't win CBB.

It would have been a good tactic not to nominate Gary as he was getting the biggest cheers so you wouldn't want to chance being up against him, but most of the others didn't think in this way.

'Pushing their Britishness' is a tactic best saved for the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Doubt it. He nominated Leslie a couple of days after he was taken off the Star of the Show, this was before he was booed. Kellie was cheered in the first week too. And with the last round, George was getting cheers and Dee had never been up, so he didn't know if she was liked or disliked.

So he was possibly trying to spread the vote and test the water.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Durrrr...they ALL want to win.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been a good tactic not to nominate Gary as he was getting the biggest cheers so you wouldn't want to chance being up against him, but most of the others didn't think in this way.

'Pushing their Britishness' is a tactic best saved for the final.

or maybe the other HMs are more honest with their nominations & nom those who they didn't get on with in the house & unlike Audley who refuse to nom Gary because he knew he was the crowds favourite.
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    or maybe the other HMs are more honest with their nominations & nom those who they didn't get on with in the house & unlike Audley who refuse to nom Gary because he knew he was the crowds favourite.

While nominating the other crowd favourite in George? A rather confusing strategy.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's an Olympic gold medalist.....I'd be very surprised if he hadn't got a competitive streak and a desire to win. A guy like that would never be happy to finish second or third.
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, his attitude to the other housemates also correlate to crowd reaction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You may see it as more honourable to vote that way, but they don't have to - particularly if they want to win.
    Eurostar wrote: »
    He's an Olympic gold medalist.....I'd be very surprised if he hadn't got a competitive streak and a desire to win. A guy like that would never be happy to finish second or third.

Exactly.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may see it as more honourable to vote that way, but they don't have to - particularly if they want to win.

Quite true but he then accuses James of being the HM wanting to win the most yet James's nominations are largely personal not tactical.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member

George gets lots of cheers. :D

When everyone on here was slating Dee for 'picking on Gary' Gary didn't nominate her, so if Gary was 'being honest' with HIS nominations then he obviously didn't feel picked on by Dee.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite true but he then accuses James of being the HM wanting to win the most yet James's nominations are largely personal not tactical.

Yes - because, as Gary so beautifully put it, James can't get out of his own way. James sabotages himself because his fragile ego reacts to any slight real or imagined.
    Forum Member

Wasn't it the public that thought that in the quiz? Audley was guessing what the public were thinking and got it right.
    He probably agrees with it but would likely admit that he wants to win too.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know that was Audley's reason? :confused:

Did he say so somewhere in a clip I must have missed?
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    How do you know that was Audley's reason? :confused:

Did he say so somewhere in a clip I must have missed?

Personally I would have thought that Audley is playing to win. He was best friends with the boys until he heard James booed and Gary cheered. He changed his allegiance to Gary, his nominations and behaviour towards the others has been as a direct result of the crowd either cheering or booing the other housemates. As soon as he heard boos for Gary he finally stepped up to the plate and defended Edele and tried to speak to Gary about his appalling behaviour. Gary told Edele to "go f..... yourself" he accused Edele and George of making a hobby of being loud. Gary had no answer to that and turned it around to his deafness.