//The Anastacia Appreciation Thread!//

crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As she's one of my favourite artists of all time, she deserves one! :D I know her supremley powerful voice divides opinion but I just find it irrational not to adore it! LOL :D

Her voice does something to my body I can't explain it, she feels me with power and energy and gives me goosebumps! Her voice when combined with a powerful and emotive track (i.e. Left Outside Alone...) it IS bliss! Who else loves the most powerful and distinctive voice in pop? Oh yeah and those who don't know, she be coming back quite soon in a few months in fact! can't wait!! :eek: :cool:

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I love Ana!:D

I can't wait for her return. I wasn't crazy about her last album, but apparentley she's moving in a Left Outside Alone direction with her new material, which I'm really excited about.

I know her voice is marmite to people, but I like it - very strong and distinctive.:cool:
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ana!:D

I can't wait for her return. I wasn't crazy about her last album, but apparentley she's moving in a Left Outside Alone direction with her new material, which I'm really excited about.

I know her voice is marmite to people, but I like it - very strong and distinctive.:cool:

I'm glad you appreciate her! :D I'm so excited about her direction this time too, her last album was underwhelming I have to admit although not bad! Emotive, powerful and rock tinged material is where Anastacia shines!! She could sing anything and I'd completely melt, I love all of the shades to her voice, she has this strange breathy sound to her singing also which is great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not a bad artist, a lot more substance then most of the plastic female pop stars occupying the current music scene.

And of course she has a fantastic really likeable voice
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she always reminded me of taylor dayne vocally. i think anastacia is really good. it is a shame she never achieved success in the states.

i hope she comes back with something good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you all like her! =) No one is ever as enthusiastic about her as I am!? lol I hope this next album is world conquering like the self titled one (well Europe/Oceania) And yes I can definitely see the similarity with Taylor (more so than with other comparisons...) although I much prefer Anastacia's voice and music. Ana's been compared to the likes of Tina Turner & Aretha Franklin too which I can kinda understand but she still has something unique in her voice in my opinion and that's not a biased comment! Incredible voice she has!!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    I'm glad you all like her! =) No one is ever as enthusiastic about her as I am!? lol I hope this next album is world conquering like the self titled one (well Europe/Oceania) And yes I can definitely see the similarity with Taylor (more so than with other comparisons...) although I much prefer Anastacia's voice and music. Ana's been compared to the likes of Tina Turner & Aretha Franklin too which I can kinda understand but she still has something unique in her voice in my opinion and that's not a biased comment! Incredible voice she has!!

i really liked `left outside alone` that was my favourite single. i love the contrast in her vocal at the beginning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find any news about her comeback, what's going on!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new website is up: http://www.anastacia.com/

She is releasing her own version of What Can We Do along with a video shortly and will be returning next year!! Can't wait!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    She's had some good songs...I wish her luck with her comeback.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs luck if she is going to compete with the trash in the charts at the moment! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as she brings out a GOOD, catchy song and reminds the public why they loved her it should go ok...
  • Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anastacia is fantastic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ She really is! ;) Great vocalist, real distinct, powerful and flavourful voice, I love listening to her voice! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/its-mans-world-bonus-track/id570949817?fb_source=ticker&fb_action_ids=10151207206083326&fb_action_types=og.likes

Long previews of her upcoming covers album "It's a Man's World"! She will release new material next year I believe.

Her voice is too good for this life! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she'll be OK, we were all looking forward to her new album as well. :( I still love her voice very much.

Get well Ana!!
  • Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Love her. I saw her in concert once. My favourite song is "You'll never be alone".

Her breast cancer has returned, I hope she'll be okay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should be hearing something in early May, can't wait, admire Anastacia, great vocalist and person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    We should be hearing something in early May, can't wait, admire Anastacia, great vocalist and person.

My thoughts exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anastacia. She's an incredible artist. 'Anastacia' is one of my favouritest album's of all time.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im surprised she hasnt had a judges job on a talent show
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didnt she come fifth on a talent show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a guest judge on the Xfactor for an episode or two recently and she was on a channel 5 talent show as a judge as well.

She was on MTV's "The Cut" back in 1999 (I think that's the right year) She didn't win it but it got her a record deal, she had a call from Michael Jackson after the show apparently. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New/old song from NTK sessions!

Crushin'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMJK6L2Yd0&feature=youtu.be

Very Mariah but her voice is amazing!!! *.*