Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    I know. I was being ironic.

Yes I do. Because I didn't swear at you. Abbreviated form doesn't count. Otherwise half the wrestling discussion group would be banned since one of the wrestler's uses a move called the FU and another uses one called WTF, what the funk?

Was it recent? No. But it's in the record books so whether it happened 10 years ago or last week, it's still a lasting accomplishment on public record due to its high sales that week that earned in the number one spot.

Abbreviated forms of swearing at other posters doesn't count?
    Do you make forum rules up in your head as you go along?
    I don't recall the paragraph in the t&c's where it says, feel free to swear at your fellow posters all you want, provided you do it in abbreviated form.

Your post where you told me to shut the f*** up has been removed.
    Why would that be if you'd done nothing wrong?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen a couple of eps of this, really disappointed. I think it's works better as a single guest at a time & seems a bit try hard. I think the old format could have worked with minimal changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    well i'm not sure what ozzie osbourne was doing on there, in a dress
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoLuc wrote: »
    Yesterday's show was a let down. The guests were just not up to scratch.
    it looked like the Josh bloke had lost interest by the end.
    And Hilary? She hasn't got much going for her in all respects.
    I'd rather kiss Scary Mary from the Phones 4 U ads.

I thought it was good - and if you think Hilary hasn't got much going for her, think again! She is a very rich woman which she has done through her own efforts.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those who find it cramped should watch the extended version. :)
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nvella wrote: »
    Don't think this revamped series is working at all. It's too superficial and rushed.
    For me it's working better than the original, which I had come to find unwatchable. This is quite good, although it does depend on the guests.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I thought it was good - and if you think Hilary hasn't got much going for her, think again! She is a very rich woman which she has done through her own efforts.

Yep I like Hilary she is probably my most favourite rich woman.

Down to earth and decent. Also her home is beautifully furnished without an ounce of cheap tacky gawdiness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Yep I like Hilary she is probably my most favourite rich woman.

Down to earth and decent. Also her home is beautifully furnished without an ounce of cheap tacky gawdiness.

I also like Hilary, she has many houses and she wanted to put Valentine's Day in, I am female and totally agree
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am continuing to enjoy this programme. Well done Frank
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Nick Hewer being on every week.
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8:30pm on BBC One (i.e. "safe") instead of 10pm on BBC Two (i.e. slightly more edgy) probably hurts this show the most (though I watch the extended version).

Some of the guests have been pretty ropey with their choices and arguments too (though I've enjoyed the various audience responses, including the Germaine Greer heckler!).

Fortunately though, Frank Skinner's now hosting it, and he's far better than Paul Merton ever was. Merton just tended to put any old thing into Room 101, whether it was merited or not, just to please the guest and/or audience. Though Nick Hancock has still been the best host.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am continuing to enjoy this programme. Well done Frank

Yes I must agree. I haven't always been a great fan of Frank Skinner because of his swearing but he really does present this show well throwing in some very funny one liners.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frank is a tremendously witty man. He does swear in his stand-up, but if you hear his radio show, or watch shows like Room 101 where he doesn't eff n' jeff, he is marvellous value.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Nick Hewer being on every week.
    He did have a point with the Violence on EE.

But Rhod G....wanting to go into the Room.:eek:

Carol V.....:yawn:
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was left bit confused by this week's episode...

You had the wildcard as like the 2nd one or something & then we don't even know who 'won' & got their own choice...

Maybe it'll be on the extended version....
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I thought Nick Hewer was really funny.
    He could make a good presenter of it, and I think he could do an episode of Grumpy Old Men all on his own.

:D

And yes, why was the wildcard second and why did the show seem to end so abruptly?
    I think all of them got one item in so no one actually won, but you'd think Frank would have mentioned that to explain why there was no final item to go in.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Would it work better with just two guests, competing?
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, this weeks guests were a trio of quality. And this is perfect for Frank's comedy skills.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Nick Hewer was really funny.
    He could make a good presenter of it, and I think he could do an episode of Grumpy Old Men all on his own.

:D

And yes, why was the wildcard second and why did the show seem to end so abruptly?
    I think all of them got one item in so no one actually won, but you'd think Frank would have mentioned that to explain why there was no final item to go in.
    I love Nick, he is so funny, particularly on The Apprentice :)

I think you might be right about that?
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »

This is where men and women differ.
    Hilary is rich. Hilary is a munter.
    Men go for looks not cash.
    Women go for cash or looks.
  • GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Frank's snide comment about UKIP. :yawn:

And talking about ordinary people only having in life their two weeks holiday a year. :)
  • GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I love Nick, he is so funny, particularly on The Apprentice :)

By funny you mean pulling sneering faces at the hapless contestants.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gravitas wrote: »
    I'd call the Apprentice contestants many things but hapless isn't generally one of them. :D
  • Delila100Delila100 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    CAN YOU ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT HILARY. I DIDN'T SEE THAT EPISODE AND IT'S NOT ON IPLAYER AND QUITE FRANKLY, ITS ANNOYING THE CR*P OUT OF ME. Who is hilary? stop talking about her until i can actually see the freaking episode. Jeeez.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gravitas wrote: »
    That & the funny comments he makes :p
    Delila100 wrote: »
    CAN YOU ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT HILARY. I DIDN'T SEE THAT EPISODE AND IT'S NOT ON IPLAYER AND QUITE FRANKLY, ITS ANNOYING THE CR*P OUT OF ME. Who is hilary? stop talking about her until i can actually see the freaking episode. Jeeez.
    Jesus christ. Calm down mate It's not our fault you've not been able to watch it. Hilary is one of those 5 people on Dragon's Den & is very rich. Also not everyone is even talking about her. It was only 2 or 3 people.