It been online hoaxing hehe...

here the news about it;

http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/greggs-logo-google-fail

Comments

• Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That made me smile, I'm sure the ECJ's right to be forgotten will apply.

No idea why they have picked on Greggs, they are ok.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with Greggs
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Greggs but can't help laughing at Viz's Profanisaurus definition of "Greggs dummy" - "A chicken and mushroom filled pacifier used by teenage mums to soothe their teething infants".
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Good, honest food for good, honest people.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Greggs pasty now.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    They should have a new logo for curry's and PC world:

"Selling crap to utter morons who don't even know what a HDMI cable is, leave alone what the price should be" or just change their sign to "MUGS-R-U"
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have a new logo for curry's and PC world:

"Selling crap to utter morons who don't even know what a HDMI cable is, leave alone what the price should be" or just change their sign to "MUGS-R-U"

Looks like something similar has happened to PC World! http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/pc-world-google-gaffe-this-is-what-happens-when-you-try-to-search-for-the-computer-superstore-online-9168895.html?origin=internalSearch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greggs is absolutely huge in the UK.

I cant stand their products if I'm honest. Never understood the fascination with them. Even watched that Greggs documentary last year - still none the wiser.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curry's. out return policy is a jedi mind trick....
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greggs is absolutely huge in the UK.

I cant stand their products if I'm honest. Never understood the fascination with them. Even watched that Greggs documentary last year - still none the wiser.
    Their food tastes nice to the majority of people and they're probably the most known bakery company in the UK (aside from the larger supermarkets). I think that might be it.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Can't understand why Greggs are so popular. Can't stand them.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregg's are great when you fancy a pasty or a cream bun but don't want to pay a lot.

Also their cheese savoury and bacon torpedo roll is lovely.

There is a lot of snobbery when it comes to Gregg's yet when I worked in London they were always queueing out of the door and around the corner at the Gregg's on Goodge Street.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Google often brings up naughty results.

The other day, if you googled Skellow (the town in Yorkshire) it showed a picture of a man holding up a towel...with his hard-on. http://t.co/eVTXFtRA6x (NSFW)
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Google often brings up naughty results.

The other day, if you googled Skellow (the town in Yorkshire) it showed a picture of a man holding up a towel...with his hard-on. http://t.co/eVTXFtRA6x (NSFW)

Neat trick........especially useful if your clothes-line has broken........neighbours may complain a bit.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Greggs another place we have to look down on now? :eek:
    I don't know about scum put it is always packed out the door by students and office workers.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah gregs are ok. not just pasties. they also sell sandwiches. some with salad in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    In Basingstoke, sausage rolls at 99p each. In Stoke-on-Trent, they're 2 for £1. So I use them a lot when up in Staffordshire, but less often down south.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't understand why Greggs are so popular. Can't stand them.

Have you ever considered that these things are subjective, and that your personnel preferences are not the benchmark for everyone else's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    What's a 'Greggs'??:confused:? I heard it's vile chav Jeremy Kyle scum scum yob vile hoodie vile chav? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Wow, how funny. Nothing wrong with Greggs at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    What's a 'Greggs'??:confused:? I heard it's vile chav Jeremy Kyle scum scum yob vile hoodie vile chav? :confused::confused::confused:

They're a very highly respected and British name which means service to hungry shoppers, workers and passers by.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've been to the local one twice in the 5 years I've been here. Their food is ok but nothing I'd stand in a queue for more than a minute.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greggs were much better back in the day when they were just a North East bakery. You hardly ever saw them south of Leeds.

In their NE outlets you can still get the classic Ham and Pease Pudding Stottie, one of the finest sandwiches ever made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    They're a very highly respected and British name which means service to hungry shoppers, workers and passers by.

I know that. They do bloody good Cornish pasties, even if they are about 700 calories each. I just wanted to start off the 'fake ignorance' bandwagon to be honest.