Gary's wife responds to Dee comment on Gary's official account

Comments

• Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    It's only natural to respond on behalf of a family member, we probably all would.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not sure responding to an insult with another insult which could be misconstrued by those who haven't watched the US Apprentice is necessarily wise.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    racol5 wrote: »
    IT'S HIS WIFE !!!! Of course she is going to stick up for her husband like Ola with James :)

Then why not just praise Gary, like the other letters praised the person who received it? Why feel the need to label the house as dim, and to state that Gary is the only HM not to say anything nasty behind other's backs, which is not true anyway.

Why not just big up Gary and send him love and warmth, from the heart with the truth...and all that other verbal nonsense.

No one else made any mention of the house or anyone in it, only Gary's wife, so she put it out there and it came bouncing back....
  • cool foolcool fool Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have been apoplectic with rage watching how they have been treating Gary for weeks. She showed fantastic restraint if you ask me. As for being non-spiritual, it would take a saint not to be angry and upset seeing idiots hurt your loved one.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cool fool wrote: »
    She must have been apoplectic with rage watching how they have been treating Gary for weeks. She showed fantastic restraint if you ask me. As for being non-spiritual, it would take a saint not to be angry and upset seeing idiots hurt your loved one.

Oh I agree - even being spiritual if that had been me watching my same aged mother with many equally difficult health problems being treat with such disdain I would have written my letter like a rabid dog!
  • eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherry pip wrote: »
    He's got talent and has made his mark over the years so good on him for that, but his temper isn't right, no matter how big/famous he is.

I'm in complete ignorance wrt his temperament. Therefore, I'm not privy to the context of this aspect of his personality.

Frequent, unfettered and unjustified bad temper is usually a deal breaker for me.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    Then why not just praise Gary, like the other letters praised the person who received it? Why feel the need to label the house as dim, and to state that Gary is the only HM not to say anything nasty behind other's backs, which is not true anyway.

Why not just big up Gary and send him love and warmth, from the heart with the truth...and all that other verbal nonsense.

No one else made any mention of the house or anyone in it, only Gary's wife, so she put it out there and it came bouncing back....

I'd go future if that was my husband being subjected to such an onslaught of negativity..lack of compassion etc...I'd have gone much much further....my intellect would be compromised :D Any way she did not call the HM dim but the house dim... which I agree with ;-)
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Oh I agree - even being spiritual if that had been me watching my same aged mother with many equally difficult health problems being treat with such disdain I would have written my letter like a rabid dog!

My letter would have been barred from the house :blush::o
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    She was not responding she was provoking. She had a go at the house in her letter calling them all dim. It was HM's who had a right to reply, which dee did for all of them. Now she is having a second go behind dee's back.
    Behind her back in public, on twitter?
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she is angry at Gary's treatment at all. Dee and the others all reacted the way they were supposed to- the way Gary's fellow contestants always react on his reality shows. This ensures Gary's popularity and well paid invites to other reality shows now the acting career is drying up.

Good luck to them both- they are masters of the reality TV game!
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Gary Busey @THEGaryBusey · 11h
    I love being called a cheeky bi**h by the female version of Meatloaf I guess you don't have to actually be in the BB house to get insults- SSB

Ouch.

I am not a big fan of Gary, but I do like Mrs Busey or at least I like her humour...:D I just hope Meatloaf don't get to know....:p
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    She was not responding she was provoking. She had a go at the house in her letter calling them all dim. It was HM's who had a right to reply, which dee did for all of them. Now she is having a second go behind dee's back.

As others have said, she wasn't calling them dim. She was contrasting Gary's nature to the general unpleasantness shown by others in the house.

The irony is that Dee is so dim, she misinterpreted the intention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eva_prior wrote: »
    I'm in complete ignorance wrt his temperament. Therefore, I'm not privy to the context of this aspect of his personality. Frequent, unfettered and unjustified bad temper is usually a deal breaker for me.

We're all different, it's not for me but glad to hear you enjoy him for who he is. He's made some classic tunes, some I like myself.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    I doubt she is angry at Gary's treatment at all. Dee and the others all reacted the way they were supposed to- the way Gary's fellow contestants always react on his reality shows. This ensures Gary's popularity and well paid invites to other reality shows now the acting career is drying up.

It's all about money, always is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »

Yayyyyy

Honk

:)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was way out of order to broadcast that. >:(

The HMs are fair game but not their families. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nattie01 wrote: »
    As others have said, she wasn't calling them dim. She was contrasting Gary's nature to the general unpleasantness shown by others in the house.

The irony is that Dee is so dim, she misinterpreted the intention.

Yep ...this :)
  • eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherry pip wrote: »
    We're all different, it's not for me but glad to hear you enjoy him for who he is. He's made some classic tunes, some I like myself.

We've crossed wires here.

I just like some of his classic tunes - I don't know anything else about him.

If he is unjustifiably bad tempered - I wouldn't like him as a person either.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One nil to Mrs Busey.
    Indeed. Seems lovely too i've seen her on the Joan rivers interviewed Gary vid. But has every right to fire back obviously. Dee should leave her nastyness to people in the house , or better still stop being nasty. Garys wife obviously isn't in there to defend herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was way out of order to broadcast that. >:(

The HMs are fair game but not their families. :(

I'd rather they broadcast it and let viewers draw their own conclusion, than whitewash it from existence. Some think it justified, others not but given the dynamic of the house and Dee's apology to Gary, I feel it was right to show her reaction to the letter
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Don't blame Gary's wife one bit.

If my husband had been in there, and I had to watch those pathetic desperate nobodies humiliate him, and treat him like sh*t for three weeks, I would go mad.
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    cool fool wrote: »

This^
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will tell you what is Dim people who don't understand the context of dim here lol Dee is thick not get that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny that dee chose to challenge the ambiguous and I'm sure carefully chosen praise of Gary, that called him a bright light in a dim house. I found it very much in line with a spiritual nature. It's a positive affirming statement of how Stephanie perceives Gary in the house. Any thing negative the housemates choose to find in it comes from their own mind.
    Rather than the unambiguous direct comment that he's the only one who hasn't said mean things about others in the house. Which in General seems more fair to challenge, but maybe Dee felt that was in relation to her at least fair comment?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've crossed wires here.

I just like some of his classic tunes - I don't know anything else about him.

If he is unjustifiably bad tempered - I wouldn't like him as a person either.

Oh lol. Sorry Eva, yes we got our wires crossed there a little.

Yep, he's made some classics over the years and no one can deny that he's made his mark on the music scene.