Help needed asap please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hiya

I'm doing A-level psychology coursework at the moment and I need photographs of married couples, but I'm really struggling to find them.

Does anybody have any ideas of websites I could get them from? I only need, say ten

Any help greatly appreaciated thanks :D

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    uhhhhh , google , or is that too obvious :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Google image search?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=married+couple&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

.... unless you need multiple photos of the same couple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is I need separate photos of the two people from each couple and they all need to be around the same age (about 25-40)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »
    The problem is I need separate photos of the two people from each couple and they all need to be around the same age (about 25-40)

Sorry you have lost me :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry :)

I need to be able to have a separate photo of the man and the woman from each couple. Because once I have about ten couples all the women will be on one sheet of paper and all the men will be on another. It's for a psychology experiment and the participants can't know which people are in which couples

I hope that makes more sense
  • JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a good experiment it is! Lol :p
    Enjoy and good luck with it.

(Another A Level Pschology Student lol)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't any relatives or friends you can ask? maybe Aunts and Uncles cos theres bound to be photos of them on their own and as a couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    Aren't any relatives or friends you can ask? maybe Aunts and Uncles cos theres bound to be photos of them on their own and as a couple.

I'm not allowed to use friends, relatives or celebrities

I'm starting to think I picked completely the wrong thing to do here... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to use friends, relatives or celebrities

I'm starting to think I picked completely the wrong thing to do here... :)

That's gonna be hard to find pictures
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't you get photos of married couples and cut them out-the man and woman and maybe stick them on different backgrounds so it wouldn't be obvious that they match up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Try here: http://www.istockphoto.com

They're not free, but I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't you get photos of married couples and cut them out-the man and woman and maybe stick them on different backgrounds so it wouldn't be obvious that they match up.

Yeah, I could do that thanks :)

But I still can't find ten couples (even on google) who are all around the same age and where the photographs have a clear headshot :confused:
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's exactly what I was going to say! :)
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saboo wrote: »
    Try here: http://www.istockphoto.com

They're not free, but I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need there.

If it's for a psychology experiment, will it matter if the "married couple" in, say a stockshot, are actors pretending to be married? Depending on the nature of what you are investigating, this may be relevant.

If the experiment involves evaluating other people's response to married couples, that's not really a problem using stockshots. But if it involves matching together separted partners, then the validity of your experiment would be completely undermined, if you use stockshot material with actors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Try heading for sites like flickr and search for wedding photos.

Chances are, you'll find some sets from peoples weddings and you can then have a sift through them and find individual pictures of the couple in question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will anybody know if you have used pictures of relatives though it could be anybody to them and they would just think its off of google?
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a wedding brouchure? Bet you could pick one up in Debenhams or somewhere like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you typing into google image?

I tried 'couple portrait' and got this:
    http://images.google.ca/images?q=couple+portrait&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&start=0&sa=N

Family portrait would probably do as well. If your not familiar with doctoring pictures from to separate the heads, click on an image you like from google then select the 'see full size image', then right click - copy, and ctrl+v (paste) into word or paint and you should be able to crop the image as you want it.

**edit - yup, family portrait brings up loads of stuff that looks suitable to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would be careful unless you are contacting these people to ask their permission to use their photograph. Some people would not like their photographs being used in this way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you tried flickr?
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    facebook?

People will have photos of their spouse on their page maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aged 25-40??

I got married when I was 20 ... and still happily married now!!