The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this weekend as I'm not seeing her. Will have to smile sweetly when I do !!

I recommend you get Casanova cos it's a silly fluffy film and does no one any harm (apart from those of us who aren't too keen on Sienna Miller!). Am going to have a dvd day tomorrow - got Lords of Dogtown & THIHAY lined up. If I have anymore time, may watch Brothers Grimm. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    I recommend you get Casanova cos it's a silly fluffy film and does no one any harm (apart from those of us who aren't too keen on Sienna Miller!). Am going to have a dvd day tomorrow - got Lords of Dogtown & THIHAY lined up. If I have anymore time, may watch Brothers Grimm. :)

Going on previous FFF response - Im out of luck on the borrowing of dvd's :cry::(:cry::(:cry::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't....really do not want to see my breakfast in reverse:eek:;)
    Going on previous FFF response - Im out of luck on the borrowing of dvd's

LOL! You two are mad!!:D:D What with flash snotty floods & scary smiles:eek::D

Not long till I'm not there comes out on dvd ladies...then only two more to go, for ever. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    LOL! You two are mad!!:D:D What with flash snotty floods & scary smiles:eek::D

Not long till I'm not there comes out on dvd ladies...then only two more to go, for ever. :(

Now, I'm not a Dylan fan at all, he sounds like a whiney moped to me, I wonder if I will like it? Heath looks good in it tho:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, I'm not a Dylan fan at all, he sounds like a whiney moped to me, I wonder if I will like it? Heath looks good in it tho:)

I thought Heath looked great in it too. LOL at the moped reference tho!:D

Any heads up on a potential finish date for Dr Parsnipssuss? (;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    I thought Heath looked great in it too. LOL at the moped reference tho!:D

Any heads up on a potential finish date for Dr Parsnipssuss? (;))

Love your name for Heath's last film

Here is another option - Dr Parsnippuss :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love your name for Heath's last film

Here is another option - Dr Parsnippuss :D:D:D

It is - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, but as I (& many others) can never remember it, it's been many variations of the correct name!

Just checked imdb to get the proper spelling & it says it's in post production!!:eek: Didn't expect that so quick - mind you, I suppose it isn't really that quick - he'd've finished by now with it if he hadn't died :(
    Forum Member
    It is - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, but as I (& many others) can never remember it, it's been many variations of the correct name!

Just checked imdb to get the proper spelling & it says it's in post production!!:eek: Didn't expect that so quick - mind you, I suppose it isn't really that quick - he'd've finished by now with it if he hadn't died :(

Not sure if I will see Dr Parnassus at the cinema, think i'll wait for the DVD....that one is going to be the hardest of all his films to watch, so I'd rather do it in the comfort of my own home.
    Forum Member
    Anyone see this?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a95108/dark-knight-rated-for-intense-violence.html
    What do you recon?

I really hope they don't cut "that scene"
    Forum Member
    Would you rent the apartment that Heath died in?.....well now you can!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article776101.ece
    Forum Member
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23627124-5012974,00.html
    I hope this is not true, poor Michelle and Matilda:mad: Bloody well leave them alone:mad: This bit really got to me. . . .
    The couple when together were intensely private.

Ledger sold his $7 million Bronte abode in 2006 after the couple were squirted with a water pistol at the Sydney premiere of Brokeback Mountain. There were reports that Ledger cried all night following the incident .
    The ba$tards, Grrr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone see this?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a95108/dark-knight-rated-for-intense-violence.html
    What do you recon?

I really hope they don't cut "that scene"

I hope they don't - it's part of the film now. In years to come (sadly) not many people will realise he died just after filming it so it should be left in..

Unfortunately, altho it may seem ghoulish, people will probably want to rent it because it's where he died & also whoever was renting it, is running a business & so needs to keep the money coming in:(
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23627124-5012974,00.html
    I hope this is not true, poor Michelle and Matilda:mad: Bloody well leave them alone:mad: This bit really got to me. . . .
    The couple when together were intensely private.

Ledger sold his $7 million Bronte abode in 2006 after the couple were squirted with a water pistol at the Sydney premiere of Brokeback Mountain. There were reports that Ledger cried all night following the incident .
    The ba$tards, Grrr.

I hope not - I love those pics of outside the house when they wrote in the concrete & stuff:(. How heartbreaking to have to leave all that behind. Poxy paps - why do they need to hound people?!:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was trawling the web & found this -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-morgan/heath-ledger-19792008_b_82989.html

Not sure if anyone's posted the link before, but thought I'd throw it out there for people to read........:(
    Forum Member
    Was trawling the web & found this -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-morgan/heath-ledger-19792008_b_82989.html

Not sure if anyone's posted the link before, but thought I'd throw it out there for people to read........:(

Thanks for that SGF. Reading articles like that brings it all back, I can't believe he has gone for good, and again I feel like I have been Kicked in the chest, the sadness seems so real...and I never even knew him!:o:(
    Forum Member
    I feel like a really smug Heathen now, just ordered The Bothers Grimm, Lords of Dogtown and Blackrock. Yay, My Heath Ledger collection is complete....apart from the stuff that isn't out yet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a really smug Heathen now, just ordered The Bothers Grimm, Lords of Dogtown and Blackrock. Yay, My Heath Ledger collection is complete....apart from the stuff that isn't out yet!

Where did you order Blackrock from? I don't have that or Monster's Ball.:(

Enjoy Lords of Dogtown - was it that article that made you finally go for it?:D
    Forum Member
    Where did you order Blackrock from? I don't have that or Monster's Ball.:(

Enjoy Lords of Dogtown - was it that article that made you finally go for it?:D

Yes it was:D, thanks. Blackrock is in stock @ HMV.com for £2:99p. I know he's not in it much, and he even said himself that he was rubbish, but I wanted to get every film he ever made. Monsters Ball is £8:99 BTW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was:D, thanks. Blackrock is in stock @ HMV.com for £2:99p. I know he's not in it much, and he even said himself that he was rubbish, but I wanted to get every film he ever made. Monsters Ball is £8:99 BTW.

Cheers, blimey Monsters Ball is s'pensive on there! I think it's a fiver on play.:)
    Forum Member
    Cheers, blimey Monsters Ball is s'pensive on there! I think it's a fiver on play.:)
    I bought it from HMV, but from the store not the web site, and it only cost me £3, seem to be hiking the prices up now:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it from HMV, but from the store not the web site, and it only cost me £3, seem to be hiking the prices up now:eek:

I think all the sites/shops put them up & down all the time - it's just knowing your prices.:)
    Forum Member
    G'day fellow Heathens, how are you all doing?, just bumping us back up!, new piccy BTW, the trouble is, I'm forgetting which ones I have used now!!!, so, forgive any repeats:)
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha, ha. I love that story :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G'day fellow Heathens, how are you all doing?, just bumping us back up!, new piccy BTW, the trouble is, I'm forgetting which ones I have used now!!!, so, forgive any repeats:)

No worries! They're all lovely! You should number your Heath pics so you know where you're at! Let me know when LOD turns up & you've watched it. I liked it as a film on it's own (ie not a Heath vehicle). :)
    Forum Member
    pricesout wrote: »
    Ha, ha. I love that story :D

And it's so funny because???:rolleyes:
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    New high quality trailer for Dark Knight.

I have no sound on my computer so I've no idea what's said, but it looks amazing, and so does Heath. The picture is so clear!

When I first watched it and saw someone from the back view, I instantly said to myself that that was Heath cos I recognised the way he moved. For some reason that simple thought made me want to cry. :cry:

Anyway, it's still lovely to see something new from the film.

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm