Corrie 08/12/2010: Burning Down The House (Tram Week Day Three)

Comments

• DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    I think Peter is more than safe :) if he was always going to die then why did the writers even bother with a love square? There's so much more in this storyline eg. the reveal and something between Carla and Peter :)
    But to continue the love square they need both Peter and Nick, so using that logic it can't be Nick who dies. So which man could it be? I see Ciaran mentioned, but what would his final wish be? I can't think of anything he'd be wishing for and the way this final wish is mentioned makes it sound as though it's of some importance.

Personally, I think it's going to be Peter - I hope it's not as he's such a great character and it would be the end of the love square, but I think he's the most likely. The wish would be either that he and Leanne get married or that Leanne adopts Simon. Come to think of it, if Leanne marries him before he dies she'd then be Simon's stepmother anyway and presumably would get custody.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    That line really irked me for some reason :o

It was twee.:rolleyes:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode had a different feel to it but I still enjoyed it. Poor Ashley :( I'm glad got Clare's message and got to make a phonecall
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Tonight's episode had a different feel to it but I still enjoyed it. Poor Ashley :( I'm glad got Clare's message and got to make a phonecall

i was glad he got to hear it too but it made it all the more sadder :cry:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Awww poor Ashley.

These episodes of Corrie have to be the best episodes ever! they have really done well with it, everyone at Corie should be happy :D

A very nice post from Albert Square.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when will there be hospital scenes?
    It woul be good if we had a spin off show on the website
    A bit like Casualty where the medical staff tend to people caught up in the tram crash
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was really good again tonight but leaves you wanting an hour long episode as half and hour with all what is going on just isn't enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have three theories I keep going between, but I think the first is the most likely.

I think the dying man will probably turn out to be
    Peter. His final wish being to marry Leanne, but he actually then pulls through.

The thing is, I've also got this niggling feeling that
    Kevin and Molly will die together.

It would also get Corrie out of a bit of a hole if
    Charlotte whacks John over the head, and it's his dying wish... but I don't really think that will happen.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I have three theories I keep going between, but I think the first is the most likely.

Peter. His final wish being to marry Leanne, but he actually then pulls through.

Charlotte whacks John over the head, and it's his dying wish... but I don't really think that will happen.

I like you're first one!!
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope Ritas kabin is here tomorrow
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »
    I think Peter is more than safe :) if he was always going to die then why did the writers even bother with a love square? There's so much more in this storyline eg. the reveal and something between Carla and Peter :)
    Perhaps the dying man's wish is Ciaran telling Leanne to marry Peter as he is the man for her.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has seriously jumped the gun on Wikipedia by listing Peter as dead already :D
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hope Ritas kabin is here tomorrow

Doubt is as he can't post early and if he posts later the threads are merged... Will deffo be back next week, but I want his review :(
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    Ashleys def died, itv.com have a farewell vid that says it :(

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/174465-coronation-streets-steven-arnold-is-to-quit-acting/

He can come back and fix the Joinery roof ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love the second one!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Poor Ashley, but at least it's more memorable than leaving in a taxi. I don't think Peter will die - he still has to find out that Leanne is a cheat and he also has to get with Carla.

Spookylight - I like your last theory. If only that could happen :(
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the dying man's wish is Ciaran telling Leanne to marry Peter as he is the man for her.

;) feesable :D

to the person who quoted me above, I never said nick would die :confused:
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please remind me how awful Molly has been because I'm beginning to feel sorry for the girl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the first half as I was at Sainsbury's and thought it started 7.30.

I am glad Curly Simon and Little Jack are OK :)
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,438
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Doubt is as he can't post early and if he posts later the threads are merged... Will deffo be back next week, but I want his review :(

I'm back now. New PC all sorted and net access at home restored! :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's a gorgeous little boy and so cute!!!!!!! :D

When he was found in the wardrobe with soot on his little nose and he was all curled up abd said "I'm in here".. I just went awwwwww :o:D

Curly Simon took that game of Hide and seek far too seriously
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm back now. New PC all sorted and net access at home restored! :)

Nice one :):)
  • linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying all these theories but that's what they are. Must they all be edited as Spoilers? It's just so irritating. :)
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    The one thing that I think is unfortunate is that because of the timeslot they can't show injuries in too much detail, so it's hard to get across just how critical a condition Molly is in or how much danger various characters have been in. I don't have a misguided desire to see lots of gore, I just think it's one of those situations where implication doesn't really cut it.
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,438
    Forum Member
    Disasters are all well and good but for them to work and be effecticve you have to have some sort of feeling about the characters concerned. You have to either feel sympathy for them or hate them so much that you want to see them get their comeuppance.
    Ambivalence is a very bad thing were disasters are concerned in my opinion.

Thankfully tonight's episode was slightly better than the 3 we've had this week already.

On the downside we got more of Molly trapped under the rubble in the Corner Shop. Whilst the shots of Baby Jack crying tugged at my heart strings a little my feelings about Molly still haven't changed. I couldn't care less about what happens to her and, as I find Tyrone rather dull as well, his reactions were of little interest to me either.

Fiz finally got carted off to the hospital from Underworld then. As with Molly and Tyrone, I'm really not bothered about her and John either. The open door to Number 5 was no doubt meant to get us all excited about the possibility that someone might discover Charlotte The Harlot's body whilst John is at the hospital but it failed miserably where I'm concerned.

On the upside yesterday's episode left us wondering what was going to happen to Sunita, Jason and Curly Simon. Unlike Fiz / John / Molly and Tyrone they're actually characters that I care about so I felt more engaged with those scenes than I did with the Dobbs / Stape stuff.

However, what raised the episode above the stuff we've had for the last 3 days was the stuff with the Peacocks. I've always thought that they had real potential as a family and that the writers have never really given them the right material to work with. Julia Haworth was fantastic when Freddie was kidnapped but that storyline was curtailed due to real life events and the family has never really had anything as big since then.
    Anyway, I digress.
    The scenes with the Lovely Claire phoning Ashley and then him listening to her message and phoning her back were poignant and touching and gave the episode a real lift. Quite why the writers have decided to kill Ashley off when the whole family was leaving anyway is a bit of a mystery. At least with Molly and Charlotte they're leaving "links" behind and their deaths will feed into future events on the Street.
    I also liked Hayley taking Josh and Freddie away so that Ciaran could talk to Claire.

Eileen slapping Jason around the head for rescuing Curly Simon was so predictable and in character, but it brought a smile to my face.

7 out of 10 for tonight's episode, mainly due to the Peacock stuff and Eileen's slap.