The day Strictly ceased to be a dance contest.

DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
Forum Member
✭✭
Tonight's result makes a mockery of any notion that this is a dance show.

Congratulations, detractors. You've officially made the show defunct as a contest of talent, and more of who can pull the funniest face.

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh here comes the predictable dummy throwing thread :D

It's not a dancing competition, it is an entertainment show, when will the whingers get that through their head.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    It was never a dance contest.
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Chris Hollins win one year?
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Natalie was the best dancer by a country mile but, didn't win, same as Ricky Whittle, Rachel Stevens, Colin Jackson etc. SCD stopped being a "dance" contest a long time ago.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not a dancing competition, it is an entertainment show, when will the whingers get that through their head.

Ok, so next Christmas I look forward to Strictly Come Entertaining. When will you get it through YOUR head that dancing is the basis on which we have a show, hence there's even the charade of having judges! Otherwise replace them with stand up comedians, this year's winner of the Voice and Emeli Sande!!
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I am not a Pixie fan but the judges should be sacked. Possibly the best dancer in the competition and she's just dumped by them. I won't watch next year, these RTV shows are just pants now.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Natalie was the best dancer by a country mile but, didn't win, same as Ricky Whittle, Rachel Stevens, Colin Jackson etc. SCD stopped being a "dance" contest a long time ago.

But at least they made it to the final of their years! Pixie finishing 6th is pathetic!
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely when Chris Parker reached the final it ceased to be one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Ok, so next Christmas I look forward to Strictly Come Entertaining. When will you get it through YOUR head that dancing is the basis on which we have a show, hence there's even the charade of having judges! Otherwise replace them with stand up comedians, this year's winner of the Voice and Emeli Sande!!

And based on the dance off the right decision was made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len to go. I reckon Bruce dances better than he does.
  • Mr McGoldrickMr McGoldrick Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's yer Lott Pixie, even the waltzafix couldn't save you - Byeeeee.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, with Strictly, it's entertainment first, dance second. But I am sorry Pixie left.
    Forum Member
    But at least they made it to the final of their years! Pixie finishing 6th is pathetic!

It is disgusting, I am a Frankie fan but bl**dy hell that result was pathetic. The judges must have an agenda here.
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging on previous performance, Pixie was obviously better. Tonight and last night I didn't think she was better.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is disgusting, I am a Frankie fan but bl**dy hell that result was pathetic. The judges must have an agenda here.

It all does seem very strange.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you watch series one?
    If not, YouTube Chris Parker and paso and see who and what finished second.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a dance contest but I can't remember a time when the best dancer by a country mile failed to reach the final - it means that we won't get to see the magic Pixie and Trent would have brought to the semis and the final.

Sad.
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think dummies are warranted here to be honest. I don't see the issue with throwing out dummies as the best dancer and entertainer has gone.
    Forum Member
    And based on the dance off the right decision was made.

But Pixie has danced brilliant all through the series and then just slightly below par in one dance and she out. That's wrong, very wrong.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    How It would have been so much easier to save the pretty white girl. She's more popular than Simon. What does Len or the show have to gain by keeping Simon.
    Its probably the most honest judge decision I've seen on either this or X Factor
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's result makes a mockery of any notion that this is a dance show.

Congratulations, detractors. You've officially made the show defunct as a contest of talent, and more of who can pull the funniest face.

It is an entertainment show not a dance competition - if it was the latter the public wouldn't be allowed to vote - what do we know about dancing.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^^^^^ This
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len and Darcy have got to GO!!
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has always been an entertainment show. If it was a dance competition, the public would not be involved in any shape or form. The public are asked to vote for their favourite, therefore Pixie can't have had the support otherwise she would not have been in the position of being in the bottom 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    How It would have been so much easier to save the pretty white girl. She's more popular than Simon. What does Len or the show have to gain by keeping Simon.
    Its probably the most honest judge decision I've seen on either this or X Factor

I can see this one still being talked about 5 years on like Jedward over Lucie (based on Simon's speech beforehand the right decision) is.