Need a decent quiz for Christmas Day!

Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Wonder if anyone can help. I'm hosting Christmas this year and usually we have a quiz or two floating around for people to puzzle over between opening presents, drinking, eating and watching TV. It's always been provided by other family members in the past, but I want to get hold of one (or a couple). I've searched online but haven't found anything suitable.

To clarify, I don't simply want a list of questions. I want something visual, or cryptic, that can be pondered over/worked out - as oppose to simple general knowledge. To give you an example of one I remember from Christmas past - we had a big picture with all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff on it. There were about fifty movie titles "hidden" in the picture and you had to spot them all. I'd like something like that. Or something otherwise cryptic. Something that will take a good while to finish and that can be contributed to by everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. :)

Comments

• bigpodbigpod Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google is your friend. Google either dingbats or ditloids, and switch to images. You'll see loads.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Japanese Korean or Chinese is a game we play on Xmas day

You have a page full of Asian faces and have to guess the country were there from
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Here are a couple of sites I found:

Sporcle Trivia Quizzes and Games

Ken's Quiz Site

Happy Holidays! ;)
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I can't remember the site but there is a picture type puzzle where you have to work out what London tube stations are hidden (I don't think this was one but eg three kings crossing the road would be kings cross) in an image. Sounds similar to your movie one. You might be able to get a print out of that or a screenshot.

Edit: it's called look for longer! you play online but I reckon you could adapt it.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one is quite good. Did similar recently and it kept us thinking.

http://www.chesskit.com/miscellaneous/quiz.php
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I recently made one up for my work's Christmas party.

First round was Christmas films in anagram form
    Round 2 was general knowledge questions
    Round 3 was showbiz questions
    Round 4 was guess the song from a lyric within the song
    Round 5 was picture round - Christmas related with part of the singers/groups face blanked out

Just make up your own, doesn't take too long!
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. :)
    Ann_Tenna wrote: »
    Gogfumble wrote: »

These two are just the sort of thing I was looking for. Many thanks. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if anyone can help. I'm hosting Christmas this year and usually we have a quiz or two floating around for people to puzzle over between opening presents, drinking, eating and watching TV. It's always been provided by other family members in the past, but I want to get hold of one (or a couple). I've searched online but haven't found anything suitable.

To clarify, I don't simply want a list of questions. I want something visual, or cryptic, that can be pondered over/worked out - as oppose to simple general knowledge. To give you an example of one I remember from Christmas past - we had a big picture with all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff on it. There were about fifty movie titles "hidden" in the picture and you had to spot them all. I'd like something like that. Or something otherwise cryptic. Something that will take a good while to finish and that can be contributed to by everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. :)
    I would love to help and give you advice x
    Where is this venue?
    Pub, Club, Home ?
    How many people?
    Ratio to adults and children?
    Are there any Vegetarians?