Sunday Brunch - Channel 4 - Tim Lovejoy

12346»

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna be a long wait for more Homeland! :(

Patinkin, the most eloquent SB guest ever? I think so.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea Patinkin played Inigo Montoya. I love him a little bit more than I already did.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Gonna be a long wait for more Homeland! :(

Patinkin, the most eloquent SB guest ever? I think so.
    Isn't he just. Such an interesting and insightful person.

Can't wait for Homeland to return.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I can ever watch The Princess Bride again now knowing some of it was filmed in Sheffield!!

And what was Lovejoy on about, saying it was on C4 tomorrow at 10pm? It isn't.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that Mandy didn't actually eat any of the food? If I didn't know that he was Jewish I would have guessed that he's fasting for Ramdan or something???
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else notice that Mandy didn't actually eat any of the food? If I didn't know that he was Jewish I would have guessed that he's fasting for Ramdan or something???

I assume he wasnt sure it was kosher? Great guest, loved his story about his mum as well as his more serious points
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Just to mention, a few weeks ago they had a sandwich expert on and let them taste a Hunters Sandwich, the next week they showed how to make it. My sister made one last night.

Basically it's two steaks cooked and put in a whole scooped out loaf, with onions, mushroom, some horseradish sauce and mustard. OMG, I had an idea it would be fabulous, but oh boy, however you imagined it, it's better, a lot better.

Off to an event at the end of July and was wondering what to take as a picnic, cos as at most events these days the plethora of burgers and other mass catering rubbish is just not for these days. A Hunters Sandwich just got the vote.

It seems inadequate to describe it as b****y fantastic, just to say it's my kind of butty.
    The sandwich did look great. Re your event hubby used to make a type of game pie, hand raised with bacon chicken sausagemeat that went down a storm
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to wiki, he's vegan and I don't think anything they made in the show this week was suitable for vegans.
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them both very annoying. Which is which ? The guy who does the cooking is better than the other. It makes me angry when they ask a guest a question then talk amongst themselves.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apart from when he got up from the table mid segment to steal one of the strawberries! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    According to wiki, he's vegan and I don't think anything they made in the show this week was suitable for vegans.

Surely that wouldn't have been too much to ask would it? Simon regularly leaves coriander out of things because Tim bangs on about how much he doesn't like it, i think a vegan dish for Mandy Patinkin would have been polite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »

Ahh, right!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Not sure I can ever watch The Princess Bride again now knowing some of it was filmed in Sheffield!!

And what was Lovejoy on about, saying it was on C4 tomorrow at 10pm? It isn't.

Though it is on C5 in about 5 minutes.
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny Vegas during the beer spot was surprisingly good. You'd assume he's quite familiar with a pint or two but some of his comments were helpful and enlightening. Plus I thought in general he was a decent enough co-host.

It says a lot that someone who has based pretty much his entire career on appearing to be some sort of idiot is apparently much better at the job than Tim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Johnny Vegas during the beer spot was surprisingly good. You'd assume he's quite familiar with a pint or two but some of his comments were helpful and enlightening. Plus I thought in general he was a decent enough co-host.

It says a lot that someone who has based pretty much his entire career on appearing to be some sort of idiot is apparently much better at the job than Tim.

Yeah, I was expecting it be chaotic with Johnny presenting, but he was pretty restrained most of the time and made some funny comments. I bet that next week they'll taking the piss out of Tim, 'cos he could be out of a job soon!
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was expecting it be chaotic with Johnny presenting, but he was pretty restrained most of the time and made some funny comments. I bet that next week they'll taking the piss out of Tim, 'cos he could be out of a job soon!

He was surpringly good.
    Omg that bacon sandwich. I liked Riccardo:blush:
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mustard99 wrote: »
    I had no idea Patinkin played Inigo Montoya. I love him a little bit more than I already did.

imdb reports that he gets at least one person a day say "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." at him - but doesn't mind, as he enjoyed making the film so much he likes being reminded. If this is true... Pam St Clement would do well to take a note, rather than telling a young and no doubt poorly paid transport employee to "f off".
    Forum Member
    imdb reports that he gets at least one person a day say "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." at him - but doesn't mind, as he enjoyed making the film so much he likes being reminded. If this is true... Pam St Clement would do well to take a note, rather than telling a young and no doubt poorly paid transport employee to "f off".

He talked about that on Brunch. He clearly doesnt mind