Options

Kindle or real book? (Merged)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what myself and many other Kindle users have found is that it's not about it being a viable alternative if you're short of space, it's actually significantly better in many other ways - many of which weren't considered when you bought it in the first place

For example, i generally read later into the night than my partner so always used a clip on night-light - on a PB these could be a bit of a pain, but on the kindle, because it's solid and there is no page turning involved, it's much easier.

Couldn't agree more. I bought my i-river e-reader because I plough through popular paperbacks at a rapid rate and I've completely run out of space to store them (the piles in my bedroom are about to topple!:eek:) However, in the early hours of Sunday morning, sitting on a very slow train heading home after seeing a performance of Twelfth Night I remembered that I probably had a copy among the many freebies my e-reader came with, and so was able to check a couple of queries.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I just d/l-ed Kindle on my android phone - which has neatly bypassed the £100 odd quid I wasn't prepared to pay
    Which means you are only getting an inferior, reflected (sic) experience of what using a dedicated ereader gives you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Which means you are only getting an inferior, reflected (sic) experience of what using a dedicated ereader gives you.

II'd just love one of those Android phones with 6 inch E ink display. Anyone know where I can get one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I used to be an avid reader,but work and kids curtailed that for a number of years. then I bought myself an android tablet ( specifically, a seven inch Apad).

Being an early purchaser meant that kindle wasn't an option for me, but Aldiko gave me the opportunity to return to my love of the written word. The apad is big enough to give that substantial pagesize, but small enough to slip into a coat pocket, and has more than enough memory to hold hundreds of books in epub format.

While I still love the smell of old books, I don't think I would have regained my interest if I hadn't joined the techno library set....

So count my vote toward e-readers, of any kind.