phil & sharon

Comments

• felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    so why did he ask her if she was sure about it being good? he would never say that if he still loved her. its just not something he would say. he wouldnt have said anything. he knows that sharon loved grant and maybe they could have another go at it if he was there. it was like he was giving them his blessing

Or maybe he was checking where Grant stood with her to ascertain whether he still had a chance, himself?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    For now, like I said when the writers' think they have come up with a storyline that calls for Phil to 'love' Sharon again then that is what will happen, and if they decide to alter the meaning of what he said then they will. Soap characters' feelings are fluid just like peoples' and also they can lie just like people.

then that is fine but i am happy now thats i think he doesnt love her now.
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    Or maybe he was checking where Grant stood with her to ascertain whether he still had a chance, himself?
    then why was he talking about shirley the whole time he was with sharon in the car and outside the house? they acted like old friends talking about future wives/husbands. "its weird isnt it im getting married and your trying not to"
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    then that is fine but i am happy now thats i think he doesnt love her now.

And I think he will always have lingering feelings for her, does that mean love? Possibly, he might come to hate her and fall deeply in love with Cora for whatever reason. I just hope you can accept the fact that some people think he still loves Sharon.
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: i dont but i thought that was the general jist of things :confused: and the writers tell me he considers sharon a friend.

That's weird because they told me he wants her. Funny old world...
    Forum Member
    then why was he talking about shirley the whole time he was with sharon in the car and outside the house? they acted like old friends talking about future wives/husbands. "its weird isnt it im getting married and your trying not to"

You just read whatever you like into whatever you want. But it doesn't 'prove' anything.
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    You just read whatever you like into whatever you want. But it doesn't 'prove' anything.

so please tell me why phil was bragging about getting married to someone "who isnt his usual type" while saying clearly sharon wasnt getting married. please cos i have no other explanation for it !
    Forum Member
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    That's weird because they told me he wants her. Funny old world...

:rolleyes: proof?????
    Forum Member
    so please tell me why phil was bragging about getting married to someone "who isnt his usual type" while saying clearly sharon wasnt getting married. please cos i have no other explanation for it !

Please tell me why Billy drew Phil's face on a balloon the other day, because to me that is proof that he wants to lick jam off Zainab's toes. I have no other explanation for it!!!
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Phil and Sharon work much better as friends, between 2003 and 2006 they were just friends and there was no inclination of any hidden feelings between either of them. I dont see why now all of a sudden they were go back to being a couple. They tried to reignite their former passions in 2001 and got back together and it didnt work and they soon split again. Anyway once Sharon discovers Phil's part in Dennis' death she will want nothing to do with him.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took the Grant line to mean that there is still something there between her and Phil. As if there are a lot of unresolved feelings there. In fact their entire dialogue this week has been loaded with little hints of unfinished business between them. I like that, it makes it more complex and interesting than Sharon coming back and throwing herself at Phil.
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    I took the Grant line to mean that there is still something there between her and Phil. As if there are a lot of unresolved feelings there. In fact their entire dialogue this week has been loaded with little hints of unfinished business between them. I like that, it makes it more complex and interesting than Sharon coming back and throwing herself at Phil.

but grant wasnt there and phil knew he wasnt gonna come back anytime soon :confused:
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errrr ok then
    i would like them to be friends, but i think they will become a couple, sharon is phil true love
    i feel sorry for shirley, she should just forget about phil now, and concentrate on her family, building a relationship with carly.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member

^
    This
    Sharon said good with so little happiness in her voice which I thought was telling and Phil who is still insecure about that asked her if it was, you notice she did not answer. Sharon and Phil are incredibly complex with a 20 year history that you can not buy or fake. When Sharon was pregnant Phil even offered to be a dad to her baby. So much potential there. Shirley can not stay with Phil now it may take months but come xmas whats the betting Sharon is with Phil. And I want it to take time otherwise its not as interesting.
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Errrr ok then
    i would like them to be friends, but i think they will become a couple, sharon is phil true love
    i feel sorry for shirley, she should just forget about phil now, and concentrate on her family, building a relationship with carly.

did you not hear phil talking about shirley infront of sharon and that phone scene in the car he wanted to call her again even though he didnt need to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but grant wasnt there and phil knew he wasnt gonna come back anytime soon :confused:

I know that. But consider the intention of that line if Phil was to have romantic feelings for Sharon, however repressed they may be. The 'you sure about that' was a nod to their romantic history, IMO. It was subtle, but the intention was there.
    Forum Member
    I know that. But consider the intention of that line if Phil was to have romantic feelings for Sharon, however repressed they may be. The 'you sure about that' was a nod to their romantic history, IMO. It was subtle, but the intention was there.

well i dont see any romantic feelings between them. they were chatting like old friends.. his comments about shirley were genuine. id like them all to become friends in the future than go over old ground. they are far more interesting as friends
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you not hear phil talking about shirley infront of sharon and that phone scene in the car he wanted to call her again even though he didnt need to?

Yes i did
    i think sharon his true love, you dont, doesnt mean any of us are right.
    I know you like phil and shirley but whenever i say he doesnt truly love her you bring up points like this.
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Yes i did
    i think sharon his true love, you dont, doesnt mean any of us are right.
    I know you like phil and shirley but whenever i say he doesnt truly love her you bring up points like this.

cos they are what happened in the ep. tonight proved to me he loves shirley by the way he was talking about her. he was showing her respect by asking her if it was ok for sharon to come in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Consider that Phil is orchestrating the cover up of a murder, and the person most affected by that murder was Shirley. In that position I'd do damn well to keep her onside with the love and marriage facade too. I don't think he does anything out of some great love for Shirley, only to protect his murderous son, and as long as he keeps her preoccupied, she won't dig any further into the murder.
    well i dont see any romantic feelings between them. they were chatting like old friends.. his comments about shirley were genuine. id like them all to become friends in the future than go over old ground. they are far more interesting as friends

I disagree entirely, but fine :)
    Forum Member
    Consider that Phil is orchestrating the cover up of a murder, and the person most affected by that murder was Shirley. In that position I'd do damn well to keep her onside with the love and marriage facade too. I don't think he does anything out of some great love for Shirley, only to protect his murderous son, and as long as he keeps her preoccupied, she won't dig any further into the murder.

I disagree entirely, but fine :)

i dont think he is trying to keep her sweet. they have built up this for years. her comment about him being boring, the proposal on the roof being a romantic setting, him starting to show her some affection. the way he was talking about her in public tonight i think showed it was more than keeping her sweet. there were lots of lines i could just repeat again to show this

seeing sharon again made him realize he loved shirley.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has a different interpretation, I think he does love her/has in the past but it doesn't mean he does right now as their at different periods of there lives and both moved on to other things but she has only been back five minutes he isn't going to say he loves her when his in a relationship with someone else and she just left her fiancee.

Any potential relationship will need to be built up again but Sharon and Phil are never finished business or just friends it will always run deeper than that and it will never just be simple their shared history is a perfect example but it doesn't of course mean they will be together for the duration of Sharon's stay on the show but I'm hoping this time they will have a bit more development as a couple IF its too happen they could well pair her with someone else but they are a popular storyline so its pointless saying they will never happen it just if and when.

I can understand where your coming from Mona but the writers will change storylines and characters to suit them, it doesn't mean Phil won't get back together with Shirley either it just means they're on a break until they feel the need to pick them up again.
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »

I can understand where your coming from Mona but the writers will change storylines and characters to suit them, it doesn't mean Phil won't get back together with Shirley either it just means they're on a break until they feel the need to pick them up again.

& that is fine. im just happy shirley hasnt been took for a mug these past 4 years. thats all i wanted :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cos they are what happened in the ep. tonight proved to me he loves shirley by the way he was talking about her. he was showing her respect by asking her if it was ok for sharon to come in.

I did like that scene it did seem that he did love her, but after all the lies i just cant believe he truly loves her.
    I guess all of us see it differently, its good to debate about it though i dont think will ever agree about shirley/phil relationship :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think he is trying to keep her sweet. they have built up this for years. her comment about him being boring, the proposal on the roof being a romantic setting, him starting to show her some affection. the way he was talking about her in public tonight i think showed it was more than keeping her sweet. there were lots of lines i could just repeat again to show this

seeing sharon again made him realize he loved shirley.

And those same lines could prove my point too. The fact is this is all just speculation and discussion until we have a scene of Phil playing the role of reliable narrator in a scene with another character, and being honest. I don't believe we've seen that yet.

And as we're going round in circles, I'm out for tonight.