Streaming Vs Downloading

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Which is worse for the net?

Watching a movie in real time while streaming, or downloading it in one go as fast as possible?

I'm against streaming as I feel this uses up the net for the time the movie is being watched, where as downloading might use up more bandwidth but will be over quicker.

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Streaming is normally of a lot less quality than say a dvd rip. So would normally be less bandwidth. I watch 3pm Premier League games through streaming but don't stream films.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Depends if you're streaming hd or sd and how big the file is you might want to download. Blu-ray files are massive.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youtube Streaming has been hopeless for me the last few weeks how ever all other sites been fine.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither is worse for the net, as they will generally require the same amount of bandwidth. The difference will be whether you or someone else will want to use the Internet while you're watching the film. If so, then streaming will also affect their speed. However I like to have digital copies of all my films rather than to stream them...so I can watch them whenever I want.