Queenmania

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    46 soon to be 47 in May and she doesn't look her age i think she looks younger and when in the jungle i thought she didn't look 44 i thought she looked younger.
    jimimaseye wrote:
    How old is she now?

40 something?

I dont know. *ponders*

I guess I would! :p

ahem!

(as long as she didnt sing to me! :eek: )
    Forum Member
    I didn't stop you making an opinion you still put it on here. I just think that people were over critising her as she wasn't bad. Yes i said you're opinion was wrong because i don't agree with it whereas you think my opinion is wrong because i liked Toyah's performance and you didn't therefore you think i'm wrong, which is fine we just agree to disagree. I never said Toyah's performance was brilliant then changed it to say she wasn't that good. I did honestly think her performance was brilliant HOWEVER she has sung that song better and she sings her own songs better still because originals are the best most of the time. (Never actually heard the original of Don't Stop Me Now)

The Mirror Journalist does have a right to his say BUT he should do constructive critism NOT make fun as that's not nice. I'm saying this in general about anything now if you don't like something then be constructive with the critism don't make fun that's how bullying starts in schools and other places which is why i wear a beat bullying band as i think it should be stopped.
    jimimaseye wrote:
    Thank you Mr Willcox!!

For the record, if you read this whole thread from the start you will see why we apparently "make fun of and ridicule" her.

You will see that it is SHE that did not allow others to have their opinion. It was SHE that, in her opinion, said Toyah was brilliant and that everyone else was wrong to say otherwise. It was SHE, that then later on in the thread actually submitted to saying that maybe Toyahs performance wasnt that good anyway. It was SHE, therefore, that effectively restricted others from having a democratic right to offer an opinion and then join their views.

This, Mr Willcox, is why we "make fun" of her. Not because she likes Toyah. But because she tried to stifle our right to voice.

(Many people have different opinions on the performances of Toyah and all the other acts. And no one else took offence to these opinions).

Oh, and as far as Mirror journalist making fun goes, doesnt he have a right to express his opions too? Or would you want to join Toyah Fan Katy and stop anyone else speaking unless they agree with you?!

Feel free to let us know if that is your will. Im sure the rest of us can accomodate you as well.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metafis wrote:
    Katy has been perfectly resonable most of the time. she is stating her opinon, which she has every right to do, without being made fun of and ridiculed.

For the record I did'nt like Toyahs performance, but that does'nt mean im about to make fun of anyone who did or stoop to the gutter level of Mirror Journalists by insulting her.

She has not been 'perfectly reasonable', she has been blinkered and rude and insisting that HER opinion is the only one that is 'right'.

People that make such claims I'm afraid, are open to ridicule. The first rule of healthy debate is to accept other's opinions whilst arguing your own very different views in an intelligent and respectful way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't stop you making an opinion you still put it on here. I just think that people were over critising her as she wasn't bad.

YOU thought people were over criticising her because YOU thought she wasn't bad. As far as I can remember Digital Spy is not Pravda and as such we can all have our own opinions. If one side of the debate is ridiculed for their opinion it is only fair that the other side is ridiculed in return.

And you've never heard Don't Stop Me Now?!?!? i mean come on.
    Forum Member
    Well i do think my opinion is right because i did enjoy watching Toyah and really thought she was good and you think you're opinion is right because you didn't enjoy Toyah's performance. Lets agree to disagree. Yeah? I do accept all of your opinions except that everyone is being rude about Toyah - i don't think she was bad and certainly not as bad as you make out.

My views are that Toyah's outfit was unique like herself and her voice. Her voice is really good the performance on saturday night was good and i thoroughly enjoyed it however even though i did enjoy it she has sung it better before and she sings her own songs better. Someone said her performance might not have sounded as good as it could maybe due to nerves as it would be nervewracking singing songs done by such a good band, Queen. I mean who here thinks they could get on that stage singing one of their legends songs in front of all those viewers and a live audience?
    She has not been 'perfectly reasonable', she has been blinkered and rude and insisting that HER opinion is the only one that is 'right'.

People that make such claims I'm afraid, are open to ridicule. The first rule of healthy debate is to accept other's opinions whilst arguing your own very different views in an intelligent and respectful way.
    Forum Member
    People on here were making fun of her and i don't think that's right. No i have never heard Don't Stop me Now, so what. I think Queen is a good bad and all but i'm not what you would call a fan i don't have any of their albums so i'd only hear their music if it came on Capital Gold.
    YOU thought people were over criticising her because YOU thought she wasn't bad. As far as I can remember Digital Spy is not Pravda and as such we can all have our own opinions. If one side of the debate is ridiculed for their opinion it is only fair that the other side is ridiculed in return.

And you've never heard Don't Stop Me Now?!?!? i mean come on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i do think my opinion is right because i did enjoy watching Toyah and really thought she was good and you think you're opinion is right because you didn't enjoy Toyah's performance. Lets agree to disagree. Yeah? I do accept all of your opinions except that everyone is being rude about Toyah - i don't think she was bad and certainly not as bad as you make out.

My views are that Toyah's outfit was unique like herself and her voice. Her voice is really good the performance on saturday night was good and i thoroughly enjoyed it however even though i did enjoy it she has sung it better before and she sings her own songs better. Someone said her performance might not have sounded as good as it could maybe due to nerves as it would be nervewracking singing songs done by such a good band, Queen. I mean who here thinks they could get on that stage singing one of their legends songs in front of all those viewers and a live audience?

Katy - you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I just didn't like the way you were saying that your opinion was 'right' without accepting other's views but yes, let's agree to disagree.

With regard to nerves. No, there is no way I would be able to stand on a stage and sing live in that context - nor would I want to :D I, however, am not a professional singer, Toyah is. There's always the good old 'nerves' excuse, but frankly (and again this is just an opinion), she was very, very poor.
    Forum Member
    Toyah admired Queen and therefore she may have been nervous to get it right which alot of people don't think she did. I've met lots of celebrities and havn't been nervous and as soon as i met my 2 influences Toyah and Kwame i was so nervous i think i spoke too fast. If you think she was very poor that means you mean her singing right? Why do you think she was poor? Was it out of tune, not hitting the notes? You've got to admit it must have been hard for all of them to sing a Queen song considering Freddie had a unique voice. I think Toyah's voice is unique aswell which is why she sings her songs so much better than copies (which i do still like)
    Katy - you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I just didn't like the way you were saying that your opinion was 'right' without accepting other's views but yes, let's agree to disagree.

With regard to nerves. No, there is no way I would be able to stand on a stage and sing live in that context - nor would I want to :D I, however, am not a professional singer, Toyah is. There's always the good old 'nerves' excuse, but frankly (and again this is just an opinion), she was very, very poor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you for the most part. I also felt that a lot of the singers were struggling with Freddie's vocals. Myleene Klass's rendition of Too Much Love Will Kill You was nice enough, but she seemed to whisper it, whereas Freddie belted it out, as always. Tony Christie was out of his depth, Heather Small, as above, was too weak and bland for a performance of such an uplifting song, and as for the rest, well-G4 and Lesley Garrett were good, as was, surprisingly, considering her screechy voice, Mel C, whose sheer enthusiasm for Queen is pleasing to see. Toyah Wilcox and Russell Watson were okay, too. All in all, a respectable enough show. You have to remember, Freddie Mercury was no ordinary voaclist-that's what made him so special!
    As for the ITV 2 show-well, I didn't entirely approve of the critisism of Freddie-how dare that Dylan Jones fella brand Freddie "ugly"! :mad:
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was only 2 good performers

mylene klass who not only looked beautiful but also matched it with her song

and russell watson done the song justice also

any of the others were just a total joke to the Queen name

and g4 really really need to follow nelly the elephant,they are pure crap with a capital C
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy, Toyah shouted the song, and she really wasn't in tune. Not to say that I don't love and respect her as a person. But shouting in tune doesn't really constitute singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toyah admired Queen and therefore she may have been nervous to get it right which alot of people don't think she did. I've met lots of celebrities and havn't been nervous and as soon as i met my 2 influences Toyah and Kwame i was so nervous i think i spoke too fast. If you think she was very poor that means you mean her singing right? Why do you think she was poor? Was it out of tune, not hitting the notes? You've got to admit it must have been hard for all of them to sing a Queen song considering Freddie had a unique voice. I think Toyah's voice is unique aswell which is why she sings her songs so much better than copies (which i do still like)

Her voice sounded awful - out of tune, not hitting the notes and in no way a good representation of the song. She is a professional singer - there is no excuse for such a bad performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Christie's was the worst-only featured because of his Number 1 hit, eh...?!
    And yes, Myleene Klass was hot in more ways than one, I have to concur... ;):D
  • jimimaseyejimimaseye Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    TD1 wrote:
    Myleene Klass's rendition of Too Much Love Will Kill You was nice enough, but she seemed to whisper it, whereas Freddie belted it out......
    (Erm, not exactly true. I think you'll find the official recording of this Queen song was released with Brian May singing the vocals. It was released AFTER Freddie died.) I guess this isnt important though in the long scheme of things.

TD1 wrote:
    how dare that Dylan Jones fella brand Freddie "ugly"! :mad:
    Err......Because he was!! :rolleyes:

And who the dickens is Dylan Jones?!?!? Did he star in the Welsh TV's release of Magic Roundabout? (also starred (in your best welsh accent please): Zeb.....bedee, Flo...rence, Aled the Sna...il and Dougal the Sheep)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    jimimaseye wrote:
    (Erm, not exactly true. I think you'll find the official recording of this Queen song was released with Brian May singing the vocals. It was released AFTER Freddie died.) I guess this isnt important though in the long scheme of things.

actualy the first version to officialy appear was on Brian May's solo album 'Back To The Light' where it was sung by Brian (obviously...) that appeared in '92 after Freddie had died.

There was a Freddie vocal version recorded by Queen around the time of 'The Miracle' album but it never made it onto the final album (although some early promo copies are supposed to contain it). This Freddie version was reworked for the final Queen album 'Made in Heaven' released in '95.

:)

any yes Queenmainia was a travestly... from start to finish...
    Forum Member
    jimimaseye wrote:
    Did he star in the Welsh TV's release of Magic Roundabout?........
    Perhaps someone could explain this program for our younger audience.
    Forum Member
    Explain the Magic Roundabout????

Good luck to ya!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimimaseye wrote:
    Explain the Magic Roundabout????

Good luck to ya!!

:D:D:D:D:D I still remember my little magic roundabout train thing that played the theme.....
    Forum Member
    jimimaseye wrote:
    And who the dickens is Dylan Jones?
    Who the dickens is 'DICKENS'?!
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    jimimaseye wrote:

Err......Because he was!! :rolleyes: )

nooo he was really good looking in the right light...at the right angle....after a couple of sherries........and he held the audience in the palm of his hand...... :cry:
    Forum Member
    nooo he was really good looking in the right light...at the right angle....after a couple of sherries........and he held the audience in the palm of his hand...... :cry:
    I agree with you Queeny.

The right light would be an infrared one whilst viewing with the naked eye in a darkened room, with a blindfold on, after a couple of sherries (bottles!!!) and looking at the right angle - ie, in the opposite direction to where he was standing! :D

But, oh yes! He DID hold the audience. I doubt anyone can deny that. Not even non-queen-lover types. He was the God of live performance.

I do believe though he did have the perfect face for radio!! :p

Now Toyah............
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,185
    Forum Member
    TD1 wrote:
    ....were good, as was, surprisingly, considering her screechy voice, Mel C, whose sheer enthusiasm for Queen is pleasing to see.

Mel C comes over as enthusiastic about anything when she's trying to sell her latest album, especially as she's probably finished if it flops! On Sunday, she was on one of those morning religious programmes rattling on about her beliefs which, apparently, also required a display of all her tattoos ("Hang on, I'll need to pull me pants down a bit to show you this one") Religion wan't like this in Thora Hird's day...

S.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    ......and he held the audience in the palm of his hand...... :cry:

A little too often, which was where his health problems began. FM was a fabulous performer and a great rock singer, but a total prat with regard to his private life. :(
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    A little too often, which was where his health problems began. FM was a fabulous performer and a great rock singer, but a total prat with regard to his private life. :(

but aren't they all :confused:;)