Options

Take That Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i resigned myself to the fact that i'll prob never meet any of them now, as i live up north and now marks sold his house up here the chances are pretty slim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    j24 wrote: »
    i resigned myself to the fact that i'll prob never meet any of them now, as i live up north and now marks sold his house up here the chances are pretty slim

Never say never! If you are willing to put the time and effort in, anything is possible! Meeting at their houses was back in the old days anyway, i'd rather meet them while they are 'on duty' now especially as they have young families to think of.:)
  • Options
    odie30odie30 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i thought the same but then i met gary at a book signing it was fab never say never
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    just watched a very wet Howard breakdancing on Take That - The Ultimate Tour...........

*sigh*......... *lust*

clingy clothes.....

wet body.......

water running down his face.....

clingy clothes.......

very wet body.......

:o:o:o:o

*imagines getting up close and personal and getting wet with him*
    *imagines removing wet clothing to dry him off*
    *imagines all sorts of rude things to do with a naked Howard*
    *explodes* :o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    just watched a very wet Howard breakdancing on Take That - The Ultimate Tour...........

*sigh*......... *lust*

clingy clothes.....

wet body.......

water running down his face.....

clingy clothes.......

very wet body.......

:o:o:o:o

*imagines getting up close and personal and getting wet with him*
    *imagines removing wet clothing to dry him off*
    *imagines all sorts of rude things to do with a naked Howard*
    *explodes* :o:o

Hehe me and my flatmates watch it about once a week, mainly so I can shout 'I was there', gets better every time love love love the boyband bit!
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    Oh right, well good luck to them whatever :)

There's a story in The People today that TT want to record the theme song for the next James Bond film. Probably rubbish as its the people but it would be so good! :D

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=take-that-bond&method=full&objectid=20276191&siteid=93463-name_page.html

It'd be fab if TT recorded the new James Bond theme tune. It'd also help give them further exposure worldwide and that can only be a good thing. It seems like the Americans are never gonna catch on to how great they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    It'd be fab if TT recorded the new James Bond theme tune. It'd also help give them further exposure worldwide and that can only be a good thing. It seems like the Americans are never gonna catch on to how great they are.

i dunno the whole james bond theme song thing seems a bit naff, and the songs are nearly always crap but maybe they'll bring abit of coolness:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i dunno the whole james bond theme song thing seems a bit naff, and the songs are nearly always crap but maybe they'll bring abit of coolness:D:cool:

The James Bond theme tunes used to be really good. They went downhill after The World Is Not Enough, but I'm sure TT would come up with the goods, just look at what they came up with for Stardust! Rule The World is one of their best ever songs, IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The James Bond theme tunes used to be really good. They went downhill after The World Is Not Enough, but I'm sure TT would come up with the goods, just look at what they came up with for Stardust! Rule The World is one of their best ever songs, IMO.

true and they wrote most of that song before they were given the stardust job
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Take That. I saw 2008 in with them in London and they were absolutely fantastic. what a great live show they put on. I'm so glad they're back.

PS Howard is even more sexy in the flesh than he is on screen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're so right Rule the world and Back for Good are my 2 personal faves of TT and the James Bond songs were good back in the day. The ones that Shirley Bassey used to do and Sheena Easton were great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    I have to admit i didnt like them first time around, but i like them now - i think they are great

I just got their 2008 calender, i couldnt resist :D

Oh good for you so have I. I got loads of other merchandise from their show too. I'm just sad that new year is over as I had a great time with TT and the Spice Girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i got the calendar too, but i havent opened it yet, i don't want to spoil it:o, yes i know i'm a geek. i've still got a filofax from '94 which is still in its wrapper:o:o:o:o:eek:
  • Options
    dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive got over 500 posters (yes I counted them once) safely packed away in a box at my Mums house.
    They used to be all over my bedroom when I lived at home, when they split up the first time I didnt come out of my room for 2 days, just sat there swearing at all my posters :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    I have to admit i didnt like them first time around, but i like them now - i think they are great

I just got their 2008 calender, i couldnt resist :D

LOL - ditto and ditto! Glad I'm not the only one!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got the calendar, its lovely to stare at it while i'm doing the washing up, certainly makes a mundane job more interesting anyway!!:D

As for all the merchandise, I have LOADS of it still at my mums house, posters, t-shirts, the viewfinder, scarves, books, badges, and my daughter plays with my Robbie doll! (i've lost Mark, either that or he's at my mums!).

I used to even have posters on the ceiling which never stuck right as we had polystyrene tiles, so I'd wake up in the night with a poster that had fallen down on my face!!:D
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devilot wrote: »
    I used to even have posters on the ceiling which never stuck right as we had polystyrene tiles, so I'd wake up in the night with a poster that had fallen down on my face!!:D

Lol I had the same :D I spent all weekend once with my friend putting them up with and thought they were great...until they fell down on me and my friend a weekend or so later :o:D I had all the merchandise too, I remember spending weekends back in 1993/1994 just going shopping for more stuff. Remember the jewellery too? The mood ring and the earrings? and the dummys :D Oh and remember the school duffle bag that had Gary's name spelt wrong? :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    Lol I had the same :D I spent all weekend once with my friend putting them up with and thought they were great...until they fell down on me and my friend a weekend or so later :o:D I had all the merchandise too, I remember spending weekends back in 1993/1994 just going shopping for more stuff. Remember the jewellery too? The mood ring and the earrings? and the dummys :DOh and remember the school duffle bag that had Gary's name spelt wrong? :rolleyes: :D

oh yeah, god i'd forgotten about those dummys till now i remember drivin me mum crazy askin for them. oh those were the days (sighs- remembers fondly, sighs again) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And the rank perfume!!:D
  • Options
    pwoolhatpwoolhat Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, the perfume! Was it called Pray? Did anyone wear it? I still have a sample of it, I bet it smells even worse now.
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha omg the perfume! Someone at school had it and I hated it so never got it :o Yeah I think it was called Pray.

EDIT: Had a look on ebay just out of interest and someone's selling some LMAO!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAKE-THAT-PERFUME_W0QQitemZ140196654189QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42441QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    I had the Take That jacket from the fan club,used to wear it for school and I had a lot of people take the mickey out of me.I wore it with pride though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had the Take That jacket from the fan club,used to wear it for school and I had a lot of people take the mickey out of me.I wore it with pride though.

Bless! I was never a really big fan the first time around, I'm into them a lot more now than I was but I don't think I'll be getting any merchandise, should've got the calendar though. :( I bought a cute one with Westies in instead!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a fan last time round and still am
    I used to buy the official fan club magazine from issue 1 and chucked the lot when they broke up
    How silly do i feel now??? They could be worth something.
    I kept the old Videos but haven't got a video player anymore so they are redundant too. will have to wait until they bring them all back on DVD
    I went to the concert in November last year and it was fab.
    I was so excited. It was great to sit there with people my age (I'm 32 next week) and remember all the olden days.
    Bloody brilliant
    and Take That have matured very nicely :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivonne wrote: »
    I was a fan last time round and still am
    I used to buy the official fan club magazine from issue 1 and chucked the lot when they broke up
    How silly do i feel now??? They could be worth something.
    I kept the old Videos but haven't got a video player anymore so they are redundant too. will have to wait until they bring them all back on DVD
    I went to the concert in November last year and it was fab.
    I was so excited. It was great to sit there with people my age (I'm 32 next week) and remember all the olden days.
    Bloody brilliant
    and Take That have matured very nicely :p

me too i've still got them i've also got album cassette tapes and i refuse to get rid of them. (i also have some NKOTB tapes and a actual record!:eek:)