Options

Most graphically impressive game on the Xbox One?

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just bought my xbox one recently and I'd like to see the power of these "next gen" (well I guess they are current gen now but anyway) at work. I played FIFA 15 and Dragon Age already on it but there isn't much difference graphics wise to the 360 in these games.
So what is the most graphically impressive game so far to have been released for the xbox one?:)

Comments

• Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Dead Rising 3 is impressive due to the amount of zombies on screen at one time, last gen consoles simply couldn't handle that sheer amount of undead. It got a lot of stick at the beginning of the generation for being one of the few 720p games, but i still think the game can be breathtaking in parts.

Ryse is gorgeous to look at too, Some of the later levels of singleplayer that use forest scenery are really beautiful. Some of the best animations and facial expressions too.

Not played Forza Horizon 2 past the demo and a blast on a friends copy but some of the screen shots iv'e seen posted about look really impressive so i's suggest that too.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention Sunset overdrive.Love the art-sytyle and the game has massive draw distances. Well worth a look as i think the game is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse, FH2 isn't all that impressive.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    NBA 2k15 - very nearly photo realistic. Best-looking sports sim on the market. FIFA thinks it's upped its game this year but presentation-wise it's still not as good as NBA 2k.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COD:AW :o ... well it impressed me & I'm bloody loving the singleplayer campaign! :blush:
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza Horizon 2 really impressed me :)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions:) I must try and see if I can buy Ryse for quite cheap somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More power doesn't mean better graphics. It means games can do more at once such as DR3 having more Zombies on the screen at once as someone mentioned.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Dragon Age was miles better than the PS3. I wish I had just bought the X1 version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Age was miles better than the PS3. I wish I had just bought the X1 version.

It really is miles better looking and runs better.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Sunset Overdrive is the best looking Xbox One game around at the moment. I actually mistook the realtime intro as being pre-rendered. Genuinely impressed.

I find Forza Horizon 2 a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the routes where the events take place look great, but other parts of the map are very bland and there are some cheap 2D effects that really don't stand up well to scrutiny, sullying the experience a little.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse definitely
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having owned both Ryse and forza horizon I can honestly say they have incredible visuals.

Fifa 15 xb one is a considerable upgrade on the 360.

Clearly superior graphics, better presentation, and many more crowd chants + player faces. Giving it a more realistic experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Sunset Overdrive is the best looking Xbox One game around at the moment. I actually mistook the realtime intro as being pre-rendered. Genuinely impressed.

I find Forza Horizon 2 a bit of a mixed bag. Some of the routes where the events take place look great, but other parts of the map are very bland and there are some cheap 2D effects that really don't stand up well to scrutiny, sullying the experience a little.
    Re: FH2 For some reason the rubbish looking bits are invariably on corners where you smack into a tree or something. Unless it always looks that dodgy when you are going slowly!
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Rising 3, Fifa 15, Tomb Raider, Forza 5.

The Evil Within + Need for Speed less so as they seem to have been written for last generation and rushed onto Xbox One.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I still think in many ways Forza 5 has the best visuals on X1, certainly they are the graphics I appreciate the most, it's just so clean and detailed looking and that fps is silky. Plus the sound engine absolutely smokes Horizon 2 (and pretty much anything else for that matter).

Forza games have always come a little oversaturated in colour and I've been running them on their own preset since FM3, though FM5 is fine if you have your colour set up correctly in the first place but I know a lot of gamers like a liitle/lot more colour than usual.

FM5 looks it's best with sharpness turned right down and colour at normal levels (can be tuned in the X1 settings), FH2 is way over-saturated so I think colour needs to be turned down a notch. Just doing this alone makes a huge difference to the visuals and helps to make both games look very impressive.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Rising 3, Fifa 15, Tomb Raider, Forza 5.

The Evil Within + Need for Speed less so as they seem to have been written for last generation and rushed onto Xbox One.

Really dr3? I thought it looked absolutely terrible in places.

Sunset overdrive on the other hand looked stunning and the game play is so fun.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really dr3? I thought it looked absolutely terrible in places.

Sunset overdrive on the other hand looked stunning and the game play is so fun.

Well im sure I heard it was only 720p however I found it looked fantastic.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah I also find DR3 a very impressive game, more technically than visually as it's doing so much (dynamic dismemberment, amount of on-screen zombies, amount/variety of weapons and the visual fx, full dynamic lighting with day/night cycle and shadows cast by light sources, no in-game loading) and is one of the only open world games where every building can be entered and none of it is copy and paste, it all feels hand crafted and unique.

It did look pretty bad when it launched though with the sharpening upscaler.

Also special mention goes to Halo 4 on the MCC, seeing it in 1080p60 is truly a sight to behold, a gorgeous looking game all round and imo one of the very best of last gen.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had an Xbox One long, so haven't played that many games on it so far. Of the one's I have played though I thought Ryse looked stunning, I know the game has a bit of a bad rep but I quite enjoyed it and, as I said, it looks amazing.

Also thought Max: The Curse Of The Brotherhood was a gorgeous looking 2D game.
  • Options
    Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I know it gets a lot of bad press, but AC Unity's quite impressive. Large crowds, good architecture - it gives a good sense of place.

Until you get stuck in a hedge.