Options

Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got about £25 to spend on an Xbox one game (in a store) for my birthday, I'm thinking of getting RYSE but if anyone else has any suggestions I'll look into them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how I didn't know this yet (probably the lack of time in the Xbox section and not owning an X1 that long) I didn't know X1 had Suspend/Resume for when you turn off the console

A nice surprise to see my Halo game come back on, no pesky logo and loading screens, I guess I just assumed since PS4 doesn't have then X1 wouldn't yet either
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I didn't know this yet (probably the lack of time in the Xbox section and not owning an X1 that long) I didn't know X1 had Suspend/Resume for when you turn off the console

A nice surprise to see my Halo game come back on, no pesky logo and loading screens, I guess I just assumed since PS4 doesn't have then X1 wouldn't yet either

It's a feature that's going to come in handy now that I've got GTA V. That initial load screen takes an age.

I do miss it when I switch to PS4. Hopefully coming soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had Halo freeze while making a weird noise, then the dashboard froze, then the Xbox got really loud like a had a fan on full power and then halo kicked me to the main menu

Is this something I should be concerned about, not so much Halo I know that has it's problems, but the fact the X1 got so loud before working again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not had that. Only time the fan gets above a whisper is the initial installing of a game. Even then it's hardly noticeable.

I'd keep an ear out and if it does it again check with MS.
  • Options
    Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd mention SimplyCDKeys has online digital versions of AC:Unity for 20 quid on their site (Xbox One Digital Download Code). I know the game's got issues, but for that price it's a bargain (yes, I've purchased and downloaded, all legit).
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tictac2 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd mention SimplyCDKeys has online digital versions of AC:Unity for 20 quid on their site (Xbox One Digital Download Code). I know the game's got issues, but for that price it's a bargain (yes, I've purchased and downloaded, all legit).

I think it's currently less on CDkeys.com. Picked it up the other day and it's fiiiiiine :)
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Anyone on the Xbox One Preview programme might be interested to read the announcement made today in the preview forums.

Looks like we might be have some fun this weekend.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Anyone on the Xbox One Preview programme might be interested to read the announcement made today in the preview forums.

Looks like we might be have some fun this weekend.

I just got the message from MS telling me this, wow that was unexpected :o Shame I'm out all of Saturday. :(

Edit - Argh the other half just told me I promised to spend all of Sunday with her as well......I need a good excuse. :p

I did scream "Halo freckin 5!!" a few times at her but she just smiled like you would smile at a 3 year old trying to tell you something that doesn't make sense or mean anything too you.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I just got the message from MS telling me this, wow that was unexpected :o Shame I'm out all of Saturday. :(

Edit - Argh the other half just told me I promised to spend all of Sunday with her as well......I need a good excuse. :p

I did scream "Halo freckin 5!!" a few times at her but she just smiled like you would smile at a 3 year old trying to tell you something that doesn't make sense or mean anything too you.

Has that crimes chap gotten a PPinvite yet ... nowt for me yet! 👎
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard a definite start time? (I am going to assume around 21:00) Just says starts 19th December and finishes 23:58 21st.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Just had Halo freeze while making a weird noise, then the dashboard froze, then the Xbox got really loud like a had a fan on full power and then halo kicked me to the main menu

Is this something I should be concerned about, not so much Halo I know that has it's problems, but the fact the X1 got so loud before working again

I've had the freeze and a noise like the hard drive is going to explode about 3 times whilst playing AC:Unity.

There have been reports of other people getting freezes in different games so I think it's an Xbox problem.

Usually have to switch the Xbox off and back on again for it to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone heard a definite start time? (I am going to assume around 21:00) Just says starts 19th December and finishes 23:58 21st.

Anyone receive the codes yet?
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually plugged in the 360 I bought a few weeks back! Went to Cex earlier and bought some cheap games that I've wanted to play but never got around to. Anyways, my Gamerscore is showing as 120... which is only from Xbox Mobile Games on my Surface Pro. My Gamerscore is actually 7615. All of this is Xbox One GS, though as I've never had a 360 before.

Anyone help with this? I don't mind if it displays wrong, as long as I still get the 360 GS on my One!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone due for a renewal and looking for a decent deal for Live. Amazon doing 12 months for £28.85
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone due for a renewal and looking for a decent deal for Live. Amazon doing 12 months for £28.85

Amazon can be good sometimes for XBL, but I find it's rarely better than CDKeys.com...

12 month XBL Gold - £26.90 at CDKeys.com

12 + 1 month XBL Gold - £28.90 at CDKeys.com
  • Options
    Forum Member

And more confusingly the digital code is £35.99.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Amazon can be good sometimes for XBL, but I find it's rarely better than CDKeys.com...

12 month XBL Gold - £26.90 at CDKeys.com

12 + 1 month XBL Gold - £28.90 at CDKeys.com

Both say out of stock. Unfortunately.
    gds1972 wrote: »
    And more confusingly the digital code is £35.99.

When I was on the site I was sure it was a typo.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost made the decision to upgrade to a XB1, but just a quick question. Not a deal breaker if the answer is no. If I have a save game on the 360, say a career in FIFA 15 that I am doing well in, could I carry that save game over to the 1 and carry on playing the career with a 1 version of the game?

Thanks.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    No I don't believe you can carry your save over from FIFA 15 from 360 to X1.

Been enjoying my time with the Xbox One as usual and have now even managed to develop a pretty large backlog already... soo sad. Doesn't seem to stop me wanting to buy new games though, I'm an addict, help. My 360 collecting isn't slowing down either, such a great time to pick up the many lost and hidden gems out there.

I also treated myself to a new TV over Christmas (50" Sony Bravia W82B), bloody fantastic panel that makes a bigger difference to the overall picture quality of the X1 than a PS4 would on my older TV (if comparing a worst case multiplat scenario). I'm now proper kitted out for this new gen so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes our way this year. Cannot wait for Rare to hurry up and announce what they're working on! :cool:
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live is down. Frustrating. Was looking forward to starting Saints Row tonight :(
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Ultimate Games Sale starts (Feb 18 - 24)
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Ultimate Games Sale starts (Feb 18 - 24)

Is that on the digital store?
    Might have to have take a look but they will probably still be overpriced.
  • Options
    Mojo FonesMojo Fones Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Lords of the Fallen is £7.50! Not my cuppa tea but cheap. I bought;

Sniper Elite 3 £10
    Styx £6
    Lara Croft + Season Pass £8

And, er, Costume Quest 2 £4.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged into my xbox just now and I had 2 messages from xbox. 2 x 1 month xbox live codes for continuing to support halo mcc. I never got the free month about a month ago that other people got. The crazy thing is that I did not play halo once online:D