Brushing teeth - the most boring of things to do

cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
Forum Member
Does anyone else agree that the brushing of your teeth has to be mind numbing body crippling boring......

I even bought an electric toothbrush recently to try and limit the amount of boringness I have to contend with every day....

Yes, it's slightly better now. As I can stand there for three minutes, and whilst the brush is working, I can be doing a 100 leg bends. It relieves the boredom somewhat.

Then of course, you've got the brushing of teeth just before you go to bed.........it's bad enough I have to take my makeup off, and then i'm expected to brush my teeth as well!:o

Comments

• SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have to brush your teeth, Freedom of choice to have halitosis and no teeth in older age.
  • Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it! When you just want to fall into bed and then you realise you haven't brushed your teeth, it's one of those annoying things! I do like the clean fresh feeling afterwards though instead of manky cesspit breath.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only brush my teeth when I am meeting the queen
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try balancing on your non-dominant leg or brush with your opposite hand to add a bit of fun to your routine.:-) Or do both of those at the same time... live on the wild side.:-D
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I quite like brushing my teeth.

When I wake up, my mouth's mucky and my teeth feel horrible. Brushing them takes that away and then washing my mouth out with a glass of cold water afterwards is refreshing. I normally follow that up with a drink of cold water. Ahhh.

To be honest, I'm so dead in the morning, I barely have the consciousness available to get bored.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it! When you just want to fall into bed and then you realise you haven't brushed your teeth, it's one of those annoying things! I do like the clean fresh feeling afterwards though instead of manky cesspit breath.
    I know....but if that were me, I'd continue with the descent into my bed, because by that time i'd have lost the little bit of will power still left to me, and once I saw the welcome oblivion of fresh sheets and a cosy warm duvet, no amount of cabbage/liquorice/winegums/bits of gristle stuck between my teeth would ever shame me into storming back into the bathroom and doing the dreaded three minute routine all over again....
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »

When I wake up, my mouth's mucky and my teeth feel horrible. Brushing them takes that away and then washing my mouth out with a glass of cold water afterwards is refreshing. I normally follow that up with a drink of cold water. Ahhh.

To be honest, I'm so dead in the morning, I barely have the consciousness available to get bored.

I'm surprised I can even put the toothpaste on the toothbrush in the mornings, I'm dead also. 😂😂

I normally buy Oral-B toothpaste which has a strong mint taste & that wakes me up. My sister has Beverley Hills Black toothpaste that makes her brushing a bit more enjoyable, and she's 25. 😂😂

OP, you could try that Black Toothpaste or you could go on your phone whilst brushing.
    Forum Member
    Pencil wrote: »

It's ok, I can clearly see you're simply trying to make excuses for enjoying brushing your teeth.

Each to their own I suppose :D:D
    Forum Member
    Try balancing on your non-dominant leg or brush with your opposite hand to add a bit of fun to your routine.:-) Or do both of those at the same time... live on the wild side.:-D
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try that....although I don't think it'll be enough. I suppose I could just do it in the living room whilst watching tele. But then you've got the dribble of toothpaste to worry about haven't you? :D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people only need to brush their teeth with one hand.
    You're completely free to do whatever you want with your other hand.
    Just sayin' ...
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer it to shaving.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is so boring. So is putting on fake tan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

Your Percy though, i didn't know he did brush his teeth :D
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I like it, fresh mouth feel, fresh breath for kissing..keeps down the dental bills
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can always stick the toothbrush in your gob and get on with little errands as you go. I'm usually shoving stuff into a bag as I brush.
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    It is so boring. So is putting on fake tan.
    That to me would be just another dimensión of hell.......putting on fake tan......

My OCD would go into overdrive, imagining I hadn't done every last inch of skin....:D
    Forum Member
    I prefer it to shaving.
    Shavings fun! Afterwards you have lovely soft hairless skin!

No matter how many tubes of toothpaste I buy promising "whiter" teeth, they still look the same off grey as they did before!
    Forum Member
    You can always stick the toothbrush in your gob and get on with little errands as you go. I'm usually shoving stuff into a bag as I brush.
    Yes, but as I've said just now to another poster.....what about the toothpaste dribble?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Shavings fun! Afterwards you have lovely soft hairless skin!

No matter how many tubes of toothpaste I buy promising "whiter" teeth, they still look the same off grey as they did before!

A bit of baking soda on your toothbrush once a week will whiten them. It has a slightly salty aftertaste but the results are great. Cheap as chips too.:-)
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that :)

I'll definitely will try that, as it'll be nice if they were a bit whiter! Sadly I'm a smoker, so only have myself to blame :blush:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but as I've said just now to another poster.....what about the toothpaste dribble?

You know... The amount of times I've gotten toothpaste dribble on a clean shirt in the morning. I think you're on to something. :mad:
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of baking soda on your toothbrush once a week will whiten them. It has a slightly salty aftertaste but the results are great. Cheap as chips too.:-)

£1 in Savers for a 500g box. :)
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    That to me would be just another dimensión of hell.......putting on fake tan......

My OCD would go into overdrive, imagining I hadn't done every last inch of skin....:D

Fake tan absolutely stinks, its one of the reasons I'm glad I don't have a girlfriend
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going go the toilet is more boring.
    Forum Member
    Fake tan absolutely stinks, its one of the reasons I'm glad I don't have a girlfriend
    I hate fake tan, and even more so when blokes wear it!