FutureLoverFutureLover Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Wargames 2" has been announced also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with so many sequels and indeed prequels (or at least IMO), is that they are usually inferior in terms of narrative and artistic nobility to the original concept. The main objective in creating these sequel/prequel is to ride on the coattails of a well known brand & milk it to its inevitable death.
  • Options
    LeChiffreLeChiffre Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Johnny English 2 has also been announced.
  • Options
    ready2watchready2watch Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is mine :D

Final Destination 999
    Scream 8
    Halloween 100
    X-Men - The Last Movie, Honestly!
    Spider-Man 25
    Pirates of the Carribean: The Two Billionth Movie
    Wrong Turn 900
    Jurassic Park 1,200
    Speed 9
    Harry Potter and the Millionth Movie
    Scary Movie 15 The Final Chapter, This Time!
    Titanic 2 - Jack Returns From The Bottom Of The Ocean, Rose is no longer alive but she has daughters who can see Jack as a ghost, lol.

Just thought id add some humor to this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gothika wrote:
    Really?
    I thought nemesis was said to be the last one ever.
    So any rumours on which characters will be in it ie: next generation/ds9/voyager?
    Or will it be a pilot to a new series in the trek franchise?
    It's a prequel I think, along the lines of TVs "Enterprise".
    Neonoptic wrote:
    Jurassic Park 4
    Good grief! The third one was bad enough! (liked the first 2 though :))

Terminator 4 might be interesting. (I'm about the only person on this forum who liked the third one!)
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see the point in another Terminator without Arnie.

I can.

I'm extremely happy to hear that Arnold isn't going to be in the next one. I like him but I'm pretty sick of him being the good guy in it. Twice was enough for me. Go machines! :)

ThinBoy wrote:

Terminator 4 might be interesting. (I'm about the only person on this forum who liked the third one!)

I liked the 3rd one too. Especially the un-happy ending which was perfect. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one Inky Binky!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    A Terminator film without Arnie WILL be crap, Arnie IS the Terminator, and anyone who they get to try and replace him will just end up doing a poor imitation anyway. I don't think they should make it, and this is coming from someone who loved all three of the previous films. T2 is one of my favourite films of all time, so to see them dragging the franchises good name through the mud like this with T4 makes me angry and sad. I swear, if they get 'The Rock' to play a Terminator i'm going to terminate the entire bloody filming crew...
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant wait for pink panther 2, aishwarya rai stars in it!
    go ash!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    i cant wait for pink panther 2, aishwarya rai stars in it!
    go ash!!!

Wasn't the first one crap?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone have any information on the lion king 4?

just as a matter of interest.
  • Options
    Mr MaterialMr Material Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Alien Vs Predator 2
    another Fast and Furious sequel
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I think The Rock will likely be given a major role in T4.

Is the Beverly Hills cop 4 still on?
    I've not heard Eddie Murphy mention it.I always enjoyed those movies even though the sequels were real letdowns.

I believe another Nightmare on Elm Street is in the works for 2009,although if Halloween does well it will likely become a
    're-imaging'

There has been talk of another Texas Chainsaw massacre sequel starring dennis hopper (who was in the original's sequel)
  • Options
    David2oo8David2oo8 Posts: 4,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I think The Rock will likely be given a major role in T4.

Is the Beverly Hills cop 4 still on?
    I've not heard Eddie Murphy mention it.I always enjoyed those movies even though the sequels were real letdowns.

I believe another Nightmare on Elm Street is in the works for 2009,although if Halloween does well it will likely become a
    're-imaging'

There has been talk of another Texas Chainsaw massacre sequel starring dennis hopper (who was in the original's sequel)

The halloween prequel im excited for but i am wont be happy if a nightmare on elm street "re-imaging" is done
    Because the first one was great and doesnt need re doing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think as long as they go with Rob Englund as Freddy and dont replace him,a restart for the NOES franchise is the best way to go.
    Most people only recognise the comic,wisecracking Freddy but originally he was actually scary so it would be good to go back to that.

I don't think they should use much from the original in a remake apart from a few key scenes.They could make his intended targets young children instead of annoying teens,remove the comic aspect and make the violence as realistic as possible but have LOTS of gore.
    The feelof the movie should be really gritty.I think it could be quite good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read recently (can't remember where) that in Terminator 4 Arnie will be in it, but not physically! They were using old footage and blending it into the new film or something like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking around for more info, I found that Arnie has signed for Terminator 4 and also for another of my favourites True Lies 2. :-)
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    1. Indiana Jones 4 - I think everyone knows about this one, the script is ready and filming will start in the summer for a 2008 release

2. Pink Panther 2 - A sequel of the recent Steve Martin version of the Pink Panther also a 2008 release

3. Live Free or Die Hard - the 4th die hard film, nearing completion teaser trailer is on the internet now, summer release

4. Rambo IV: Pearl of the Cobra - In pre-production, 2008 release

5. Terminator 4: Ready to start filming, no Arnold in this one 2008 release.

6. Beverly Hills Cop 4: Announced, 2009 release

Looks like all of these turned out to be correct
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Looks like all of these turned out to be correct
    They'd all already been announced at the time - how could they not be (other than the change in title for Rambo).

Still, nice resurrection of a long dead thread, there. It's a touch dusty, mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if BHC 4 will happen because of various rewrites/Eddie not happen with the scripts written and the writer's strike now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Clear up some things. The next Star Trek movie has entered production. The cast has been fully announced (alomost).

Release date is december 25th in america, and rumoured to be 26th December in the UK.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rambo's UK release date is 22nd febuary 2008.

My favourite sequel rumour regards crank 2- that it's happening and Jason Statham's character survived falling several thousand feet at the end of the first one!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121931/
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    They'd all already been announced at the time - how could they not be (other than the change in title for Rambo).

Still, nice resurrection of a long dead thread, there. It's a touch dusty, mind.

Things change, lots of films are announced and then called of half-way through or cancelled altogether or completely changed