Jade Goody Will Marry Sunday 22nd February.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    muppeteer wrote: »
    If she'd bought a life assurance policy before becoming ill (as many people do) they would be adequately provided for. I just don't believe that she needs to raise a million pounds to provide for her kids.

To be fair, how many people in the 20's think about or take out life insurance policies? I'll be the first to admit I don't have one.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, how many people in the 20's think about or take out life insurance policies? I'll be the first to admit I don't have one.

I think its safe to say she doesn't otherwise she wouldn't be trying to raise so much cash
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member

I guess most people in their twenties don't think they will die. However people who have children early often take life insurance out. My son and daughter in law both did.
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I guess most people in their twenties don't think they will die. However people who have children early often take life insurance out. My son and daughter in law both did.

Yes some people will take them out, but I bet the majority of people don't for exactly that reason, none of us really expect to die in our 20's. I am not sure we should really have expected Jade to have one.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

I think if you have children a life insurance is highly recommended although not essential.

She must have financial advisors so I`m surprised she wasnt advised to tbh.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes some people will take them out, but I bet the majority of people don't for exactly that reason, none of us really expect to die in our 20's. I am not sure we should really have expected Jade to have one.

Fair point, but hypothetically if she had taken one out, would people still be saying she needs to do all the interviews etc to raise money? Many people with kids would rely on their life assurance policy if this happened after all.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    I think if you have children a life insurance is highly recommended although not essential.

Would she have gotten a good policy though with her history or smear tests etc, would it have been enough to see the boys through until they are 18?!
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »

Also I would have thought having a mortgage, life insurance would be highly advisable too.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    Would she have gotten a good policy though with her history or smear tests etc, would it have been enough to see the boys through until they are 18?!

I was thinking that- I would imagine she may have found it hard to get any form of critical illness cover with her well reported medical history.
    Forum Member

Well if she`d been given the all clear from the drs as she said she had and gone through a medical, I dont see any reason why she couldn`t get insurance, even if the premium was loaded.

As for your second question, that depends how much one insures themself for.
  • c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My life insurance does not cover me for cervical cancer or any secondary cancer caused by cervical cancer due to a history of abnormal smears.

Also has i have a severe neck injury it does not cover me for anything related to that.

Basically dont know why i bother paying it but as i have two children feel like i should in case i get hit by a bus.
    Forum Member

I wasn't disputing that it may be a good thing to have one or not, just questioned how many people in their 20's even with children, would have one, and so I wouldn't really have expected Jade to have thought about it either.
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Fair point, but hypothetically if she had taken one out, would people still be saying she needs to do all the interviews etc to raise money? Many people with kids would rely on their life assurance policy if this happened after all.

Yes, I expect they would still be saying it now, even if the policy was for a million pound.
    Forum Member
    Saying that, Jade was driving around without car insurance at one stage - so I doubt life insurance would be a priority.
    Forum Member
    c4ll3mw wrote: »
    My life insurance does not cover me for cervical cancer or any secondary cancer caused by cervical cancer due to a history of abnormal smears.

Also has i have a severe neck injury it does not cover me for anything related to that.

Basically dont know why i bother paying it but as i have two children feel like i should in case i get hit by a bus.

:(:(.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hasn't she had problems with smear tests since she was about 16 years old. Not sure if an insurance company would allow a life policy.

I expect Jade has a ballpark figure in her head for the boys compulsory education, Uni, uniforms, excursions, holidays etc. When she knows she has that safely tucked up in various bank accounts I doubt we'll see or hear as much as we have been over the past few weeks.

Did I read on here that she wants a board of trustees set up to act on behalf of her children's schooling etc?

She's being very thorough, leaving nothing to chance.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Hasn't she had problems with smear tests since she was about 16 years old. Not sure if an insurance company would allow a life policy.

I expect Jade has a ballpark figure in her head for the boys compulsory education, Uni, uniforms, excursions, holidays etc. When she knows she has that safely tucked up in various bank accounts I doubt we'll see or hear as much as we have been over the past few weeks.

Did I read on here that she wants a board of trustees set up to act on behalf of her children's schooling etc?

I agree, I think she is doing everything she can to ensure her children get an education and a good life. The way she is doing this, by selling details of her wedding etc, is really all she can do - and I don't blame her one bit for doing so.
    Yes some people might think this wrong, or tacky, or there might be a risk her children would be embarrassed by their mother (although I suspect that ship sailed long ago) - but the bottom line is that if she hadn't done anything there would *still* be a group of people who criticised her for 'hiding away' and not making the effort to get money for her kids... because they don't like her and nothing she does would ever be right.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya, like you say she's damned if she does, damned if she didn't. Whichever way she looks at her life right now she can't win.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I admire her. At a time when she must be wanting to hide away, spend her remaining time with her family & friends and take comfort from them she can't, she's out in public baring her soul and selling every last ounce of herself to secure her boys life.

I have a feeling she'll give up when she knows she has done everything she can to secure them a decent start into adulthood.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Especially as she is in effect self employed.

The self employed people I know have policies for sickness and critical illness.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the people I know is a diabetic - and just try getting any kind of insurance if you have diabetes! - however, has managed to get cover although the preminums are alarmingly high. He'd rather pay it and not need it though than not pay and find himself in a financial pickle.
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    I agree, I think she is doing everything she can to ensure her children get an education and a good life. The way she is doing this, by selling details of her wedding etc, is really all she can do - and I don't blame her one bit for doing so.
    Yes some people might think this wrong, or tacky, or there might be a risk her children would be embarrassed by their mother (although I suspect that ship sailed long ago) - but the bottom line is that if she hadn't done anything there would *still* be a group of people who criticised her for 'hiding away' and not making the effort to get money for her kids... because they don't like her and nothing she does would ever be right.

Somehow I doubt there would be many saying that.

I do wonder though what she has done with the alleged millions she is supposed to have made over the years. Not that it matters, if she can screw the press and media for a couple of million out of her illness, then good for her.
    Forum Member
    Somehow I doubt there would be many saying that.

I do wonder though what she has done with the alleged millions she is supposed to have made over the years. Not that it matters, if she can screw the press and media for a couple of million out of her illness, then good for her.

Oh I think there are some who would be falling over themselves to say it. A few of the comments I have read here and elsewhere have been so filled with vitriol I am suprised those making them can function in any normal way given the level of anger they are carrying for this woman.

As for the money - maybe she has spent it on herself and her family... though I doubt she made as much as the press say (as they are notorious exaggerators). And I am sure she wasn't expecting to die at 27 - so like many young people are not really saving for the future as it seems so far away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for the girl I really do, her boys will have to grow up without a mum and I doubt the millions will make it easier for them- im sure they'd give it all up just to have her live a day longer but ive never like Jade and what she has stood for. She isn't the first person or the only one going through this so maybe some people should get some prespective on the situation, its sad but no more sad than if it was the average joe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 25 and I dont have life insurance.

However I do have life insurance on the house if I were to die then the value of my house would be paid off. i.e my partner would inherit all the house that has been paid off.

Is that the same thing?:confused:
    Forum Member
    babyboi!!! wrote: »
    I am 25 and I dont have life insurance.

However I do have life insurance on the house if I were to die then the value of my house would be paid off. i.e my partner would inherit all the house that has been paid off.

Is that the same thing?:confused:

It's a form of life insurance - just one that benefits the mortgage company rather than your partner directly. Ie its protecting their money, not you.
  • Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I admire her. At a time when she must be wanting to hide away, spend her remaining time with her family & friends and take comfort from them she can't, she's out in public baring her soul and selling every last ounce of herself to secure her boys life.

I have a feeling she'll give up when she knows she has done everything she can to secure them a decent start into adulthood.

But isn't this the problem for many. It is being made out almost as if she must work until she drops,often being put in very emotive terms (like your own baring her soul and selling every last ounce of herself to secure her boys life which would probably go down very nicely in a Mills and Boon version of a tragic dying heroine).

If you did not know you would think they were going to be left near destitute orphans. She is however a millionairess with more than enougn to secure a very comfortable future for her children financially and if she did choose to hide away and take comfort in her family there is and was absolutely nothing stopping her from a financial point of view.

A decent start into adulthood is not all about money in any case although you would not think so by all the hype.
    Jade may want or need to work for many reasons but they problably more about herself than her children.