TalkTalk TV

ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering if the threads for TalkTalk TV had been removed as I can't find them anymore!

Does anyone know of any future updates/switches to Project Canvas or any other info, as I can't find any recent information on any websites?

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ns.macd wrote: »
    Just wondering if the threads for TalkTalk TV had been removed as I can't find them anymore!

Does anyone know of any future updates/switches to Project Canvas or any other info, as I can't find any recent information on any websites?

Thanks in advance! :D

TalkTalk in their recent report, said they are on track to launch Youview in the spring of this year. Currently the service is being trialled with staff and selected customers. So fingers crossed it will go ahead, as telly on freeview is crap!!
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this service will have less bugs than Talk Talk TV which had a good range of channels at a good price but it was hardly ever stable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    When did the threads disappear? Was it in the last month?
    Are customers noticing a reduction in the quality of service from TalkTalk?
    On a personal note, my Talktalk STB regularly crashes 3, 4 sometimes 5 times a day. This started in early January 2012. Set top box has been replaced, as has the filter, router, master socket - even had an RF3 filter added. Still the problem isn't fixed.
    To add insult to injury, BBC 1 Scotland and BBC 2 Scotland have been removed from the list of regional channels you can choose from so if you don't get a good DTT signal in Scotland, you're stuffed. Reduced to watching BBC Yorks (just joking, my partner's from North Notts). Talktalk call centre could give no reason. It's bizarre and almost racist.
    Now looking at Freesat to fix my woes. May wait till Youview but wouldn't give TalkTalk a penny for it.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    TalkTalk TV was never very good for me, even when it was Tiscali TV, they were always having to change my download speeds, many time you'd be watching a programme and the picture would keep breaking up.

It was (still is?) the cheapest way to get channels like Sky 1, FX and Comedy Central though and I miss those (and Sky Sports News).

YouView was supposed to have started a year ago so TalkTalk TV has been going longer than TalkTalk anticipated, and they have so few customers left that no-one seems to post about it on here anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    What channels / on demand are still available?

Do you still have the VMX, Scamp, Movies Now, Karaoke channels and others?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member

I don't think Talk Talk TV is available to new customers anymore. Wish i'd jumped on this while it was still around. According to the website they are only facilitating the needs of current subscribers. I hope YouView carries the same channels as TT-TV did, really missing FX since i ditched Sky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I know I was just wondering what channels existing customers are still getting?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    rodd1000 wrote: »
    I don't think Talk Talk TV is available to new customers anymore.

You're right. I still have it and it's glitchy as hell. They even forgot to move the clock forward to BST today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member

Yes. The most recent addition was ABC TV On Demand earlier this year, it shows American comedies and dramas. I love it, I'm really getting into Cougar Town...:cool:
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. The most recent addition was ABC TV On Demand earlier this year, it shows American comedies and dramas. I love it, I'm really getting into Cougar Town...:cool:

VMX was discontinued some time ago, sadly.