Options

Hulk signs for Zenit for around £40m

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Platini won't lift a finger. We all know the FFP rules have been introduced purely to be applied to English clubs only. Platini, being the English hating Frog that he is, is sick to death of English teams getting to the CL final every year.

Hee Hee, you really believe that don't you :D

( though the first five words may be true )
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    hyena wrote: »
    Another club flouting the FFP rules.

It'll be interesting to see if UEFA actually do anything come 2013.

They won't do a thing.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Platini won't lift a finger. We all know the FFP rules have been introduced purely to be applied to English clubs only. Platini, being the English hating Frog that he is, is sick to death of English teams getting to the CL final every year.

I believe you are talking rubbish. Chelsea are an English team with a billionaire owner who has probably took some legal advice on FFP and clearly decided it's rubbish.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Platini hate English teams (from arguably the most lucrative league on the planet) bringing some of that sweet media attention and income to his most prestigious competition?

Oh wait, HE HATE DA INGERLISH!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on, Axel Witsel's gone for 40m too?

You better start showing up, Belgium.
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    And now Lassana Diarra has signed for Anzhi. I think it's a real shame that world class footballers in the prime of their careers are willing to see out their best days in the arse-end of nowhere for the cash.

It's not as if they'd be poorly paid elsewhere.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    And now Lassana Diarra has signed for Anzhi. I think it's a real shame that world class footballers in the prime of their careers are willing to see out their best days in the arse-end of nowhere for the cash.

It's not as if they'd be poorly paid elsewhere.

Perhaps he was lured by european football at Anfield :D
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    Hold on, Axel Witsel's gone for 40m too?

You better start showing up, Belgium.

Seems like Wales are playing them at probably the worst time ever from Wales perspective, with all they're top players they will be under a lot of pressure to qualify this time, in my opinion.

I haven't seen a lot of Alex Witsel, but the price seems a lot for Hulk at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have to at least be at Brazil this time out with such a pool of talent, surely. Belgium were far more prominent when I first got into football, it'd be nice to have that back.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moves like this are anti-football.

Don't know why just felt like making a bold statement.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    He's just thrown the best years of his career down the toilet for money. He could have signed for pretty much any of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Fair enough to do that if your star is fading and you're on the way out, but the guy's in his prime. What a waste.
    What was he supposed to do, stay at Porto where he's already achieved pretty much everything he can there? No other bids were accepted, so it's false to claim he could've had his pick of clubs.
    this is a load of rubbish. this media-Darien conspiracy that Blatter and Platini hate the English and spend all day dreaming up new ways of trolling them is plain daft