New slot for UKTV

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Possibly because there is no new "old stuff" being made :)
    Actually it is being made all the time. ;):D
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the same (s**t) just repackaged and shown repeatedly!
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news i guessing it be at least another 2 months before the new channel starts.

An lest we get some news this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    Still no news i guessing it be at least another 2 months before the new channel starts.

An lest we get some news this week.

What news do we get this week?
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What news do we get this week?
    "An lest" = "unless" ?
  • gwrbristolgwrbristol Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this all died a death then? Is it no longer the case of bon voyage Dave ja vu?
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gwrbristol wrote: »
    Has this all died a death then? Is it no longer the case of bon voyage Dave ja vu?
    They put Dave Ja Vu on temporarily whilst they organise what they're planning to launch in the slot. They've only had it since January.
  • gwrbristolgwrbristol Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 months is just under a 5th of a year... Quite a while for something advertised as a "limited period"... Well to me anyway.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Oh, well then lets call the UN and get a resolution because 2 months is to long . . .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwrbristol wrote: »
    2 months is just under a 5th of a year... Quite a while for something advertised as a "limited period"... Well to me anyway.

Anything up to 6 months.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    I was just reading an article on the Guardian's website, and this footer caught my attention:
    mg wrote:
    This is an edited version of an article by Iain Morris for Leading Lights, a collection of essays to mark the launch of the new UKTV network brand and to coincide with the start of MediaGuardian's Changing Media Summit on 21 March. UKTV's Leading Lights, Imagination and Creativity in Television and Beyond is available as a free ebook on 25 March.

New UKTV network brand? Huh? Good time for (announcing) the launch of a new channel perhaps?

I can't find any reference to that ebook or a new UKTV network brand anywhere else.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    I was just reading an article on the Guardian's website, and this footer caught my attention:

New UKTV network brand? Huh? Good time for (announcing) the launch of a new channel perhaps?

I can't find any reference to that ebook or a new UKTV network brand anywhere else.

Hopefully a complete rebrand of there channels going back to the UKTV name and maybe merge some channels like when UKTV Gardens closed to make way for a new Freeview service.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it something to do with this?
    http://www.rethought-solutions.com/press/
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    @catsitter

More likely this (announced today): http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/18/uktv-reintroduce-name-on-screen-branding

No Freeview-related news attached to that unfortunately, so more waiting...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well (by) next Tuesday we should know some more. Surprised not more info has been released about this relaunch rather like ITV that kept it very quiet until the last moment.