Best Corded Hammer Drills with Screwdriver

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
I am looking to buy a corded hammer drill which as a preference could also be used as a screwdriver. It is for everyday jobs around the house and perhaps occasionally be man enough to drill into brickwork. I don't want to spend a fortune. Can anyone recommend which drill is best to suit my purpose, I would rather have a corded drill as I am likely to forget to recharge a cordless one. Any feedback to help me reach a decision would be most helpful. Thank you

Comments

• and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hammer drills don't work too well as a screwdriver, you can get ones that will do both but it is normally a compromise. If you can afford it then get a Dewalt or Makita as they are some of the best built tools on the market otherwise Bosh and Black & Decker are pretty good.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corded drills are not very good as a screwdriver, that is normally only cordless drills!

What do you want to do with it?

My B&D Lithium battery powered drill is a brilliant all rounder. For drilling into brick or concrete, I swear by my B&Q branded SDS hammer drill!
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As and101 said, a decent hammer drill is probably going to be heavy and large. Both traits that are not ideal for a general use screwdriver.

I'd go for Makita, DeWalt or Bosch for the hammer drill (did you want SDS?) and then buy a separate cordless driver.