Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll be same again, possibly Shaw in with Rojo to CB.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought reports suggested the relationship between LVG and Van Persie is no longer rosy after the World Cup, so I'm sure he will have no hesitation to drop him.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Previous experience would suggest Van Gaal will have no hesitation in dropping anyone, including the captain.

It's why I never paid much attention to the wailing and dummy-spitting from certain sections when Fletcher was made vice-captain.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way is Rooney getting dropped.

I agree with O'Neill. Van Persie should be the one to miss out.

I also put RvP on the bench, but which team do you think would be best suited for the match?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    I could imagine Moyes saying the same thing.

Noooo, I don't want to be like Moyes!!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I think it'll be same again, possibly Shaw in with Rojo to CB.

So who misses out there then, Blackett?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also put RvP on the bench, but which team do you think would be best suited for the match?

De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Falcao.

With all due respect, we shouldn't be worrying about what Leicester can do to us, and picking the side accordingly.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Falcao.

With all due respect, we shouldn't be worrying about what Leicester can do to us, and picking the side accordingly.

This team for me as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That team is good, but what about if van Gaal goes with three at the back, who drops out of that team to make room for the extra defender?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That team is good, but what about if van Gaal goes with three at the back, who drops out of that team to make room for the extra defender?

You asked what team I would pick, and that is it.

IF he goes for 3 at the back (and I don't think that he will), then I'd expect Mata to drop out.

However, that would make little sense given that;

a) We have Smalling and Jones injured.
    b) Mata's in great form.
    c) It's Leicester City. We can probably cope with two central defenders and Blind.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, let's talk about how 'sexy' Van Persie is.

Thrilling stuff.

A big sloppy kiss for the birthday girl wouldn't go amiss.

Might just put the smile back on his face. ;-):D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he'll carry on with the same setup as against QPR with a back four. Shaw can come in at left-back with Rojo at centre-back alongside Evans. Van Persie to drop to the bench and Falcao to partner Rooney up front.

More importantly, Di Maria should be forced to play with a handicap as he's that good :D.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Absolutely this. Given how much better we looked against QPR, I don't know why we would consider changing the system back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to this game now, this makes a change from the previous regime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice 2-3 nil victory would be good enough. I wouldn't want to see poor Kasper humiliated in goal.

If it's their sub goalie, hell let's go for 6-7 nil.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll carry on with the same setup as against QPR with a back four. Shaw can come in at left-back with Rojo at centre-back alongside Evans. Van Persie to drop to the bench and Falcao to partner Rooney up front.

More importantly, Di Maria should be forced to play with a handicap as he's that good :D.

Back four again for me, team as above except with RVP or Falcao on the bench, swapped over at 60 minutes.

Every time I see Di Maria mentioned it sents shivers up my spine! :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Back four again for me, team as above except with RVP or Falcao on the bench, swapped over at 60 minutes.

He makes Hazard look like a schoolboy footballer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

I really look forward to seeing Di Maria vs De Last! :D
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see the same sort of formation for Saturdays game as used against QPR. Four at the back, diamond shaped midfield and two up top. I do think Van Persie could benefit from starting one or two games on the bench. If Falcao starts and hits the ground running, it might give him a kick up the arse. I'd also love to see Shaw start, with Rojo moving centrally.

I completely agree with what someone said about not picking the team/formation according to Leicester and their form players. This is exactly the sort of attitude that Moyes employed and simply isn't how we should be setting up, especially against a team like Leicester.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    I really look forward to seeing Di Maria vs De Last! :D

Who:confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Who:confused:

De Last. He's a nice guy.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    A nice 2-3 nil victory would be good enough. I wouldn't want to see poor Kasper humiliated in goal.

If it's their sub goalie, hell let's go for 6-7 nil.

He played for Leeds and City, bring on the humiliation!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    He makes Hazard look like a schoolboy footballer.

Now now I'f u watched the Chelsea arse licking commentary on sky sports last night youd know chelsea are a solid defensive unit and Hazard is the fastest player in the world over 5 yards :)
  • Options
    Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the same sort of formation for Saturdays game as used against QPR. Four at the back, diamond shaped midfield and two up top. I do think Van Persie could benefit from starting one or two games on the bench. If Falcao starts and hits the ground running, it might give him a kick up the arse. I'd also love to see Shaw start, with Rojo moving centrally.

I completely agree with what someone said about not picking the team/formation according to Leicester and their form players. This is exactly the sort of attitude that Moyes employed and simply isn't how we should be setting up, especially against a team like Leicester.

Agree completely with all of this. And I'd add an earlier comment that Blind could always drop into the central defence to make a three when necessary. This creates a nice balance and flexibility. I'm so looking forward to Sunday!
    De Last. He's a nice guy.

Ironically De Last is the first person in history with that name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    He played for Leeds and City, bring on the humiliation!

To be fair his father played for City, yet he is still my United idol!
This discussion has been closed.