LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's an insult but unfortunately some people use it as one.

Steve Allen being the number 1 offender.
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Steve Allen being the number 1 offender.
    So it's ok for you 2 use it as an insult against him then?
    Forum Member
    So it's ok for you 2 use it as an insult against him then?

I haven't. But if I wanted to then yes I think it would be ok.

Are you saying you think it's ok for Steve to refer to gay people in a derogatory way, but it's not ok for anyone else?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    you, you say that SA says horrible stuff about people and that's what you do to him.

If he didn't talk such bitter crap about people, I would have no need to talk about him.

That's not my definition of being two faced. Tit for tat, maybe.

Anyway, if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and do me a favour.
    Forum Member
    I haven't. But if I wanted to then yes I think it would be ok.

Are you saying you think it's ok for Steve to refer to gay people in a derogatory way, but it's not ok for anyone else?
    No, I'm saying it's wrong for anyone to refer to gay people in a derogatory way so, that includes people who use it as an insult against SA (which lots of people do).
    Forum Member
    No, I'm saying it's wrong for anyone to refer to gay people in a derogatory way so, that includes people who use it as an insult against SA (which lots of people do).

So we agree.

Why do you think Steve does it?
    Forum Member
    So we agree.

Why do you think Steve does it?
    I think that he thinks it's part of his "act"
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time Steve Allen was made to do a challenge,, can anyone suggest what sort off challenge he should do to make him feel guilty for utter nonsense he spouts on the radio, This could be done for make some noise charity.
    Forum Member
    If he didn't talk such bitter crap about people, I would have no need to talk about him..
    I'm sure you would find something.
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will be gone by the end of the year. Replaced by Ollie from next week I've heard on another radio website.

Utter rubbish, Ollie may be covering him next week for over christmas,Very much like what Duncan did when Anthony did the slot. He certainly is not replacing him.
    Forum Member

You are talking utter nonsense.

No-one on here speaks of anyone gay in a derogatory way. If anyone did I would be the first to have it out with them.

Steve Allen is the one who calls gay men whoopsies, marys, little girls' blouses ete etc.

You need to read a little more carefully.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you would find something.

As I said, it is none of your business what I choose to moan about or comment on. Put me on ignore so you don't read my two faced comments.
    Forum Member
    You are talking utter nonsense.

No-one on here speaks of anyone gay in a derogatory way. If anyone did I would be the first to have it out with them.

Steve Allen is the one who calls gay men whoopsies, marys, little girls' blouses ete etc.

You need to read a little more carefully.
    When I said lots of people do I don't say lots of people on here.
    Forum Member

Yes, I wondered how long it would be before we got round to the "act".

I don't care whether Steve Allen 's radio persona is an act or not. It is not for the listener to investigate the broadcaster's motives. We take them at face value. When it comes to him the face value is very very low. Bargain basement actually. And cheap attracts cheap.
    Forum Member
    As I said, it is none of your business what I choose to moan about or comment on. Put me on ignore so you don't read my two faced comments.
    You really are getting angry over this.
    Forum Member
    You really are getting angry over this.

Not at all, don't give yourself any ideas that you have that power, lol.
    Forum Member
    Not at all, don't give yourself any ideas that you have that power, lol.
    You are very agree, you come on here and post loads of nasty comments about people. Would you say this to them if they where standing in front of you?
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are very agree, you come on here and post loads of nasty comments about people. Would you say this to them if they where standing in front of you?

Please put the 'e' on the end of 'judg (e). It's driving me mad! >:(
    Forum Member
    Sorry, when I first set up this account I logged in and I saw it straight away and can't change it.
    Forum Member
    Think what it's like for me!
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SA must say a lot of controversial things at 28 minutes past and 2 minutes to the hour. Either that or people who just 'happen to hear him whilst waiting for the news' are telling a few porkies.
    Forum Member
    Think what it's like for me!

Ask Admin to change it. Just fill the form in
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/?contact_type=forum#~oYErKmCvNgWHIE
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    About time Steve Allen was made to do a challenge,, can anyone suggest what sort off challenge he should do to make him feel guilty for utter nonsense he spouts on the radio, This could be done for make some noise charity.

Maybe Steve could be challenged to broadcast 15 minutes of listenable radio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve Allen's act seems to consist of saying "steveatlbcdotcodotuk" and "eightoureightfiveoh" over and over. If he can remember them correctly. He's a barmy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you Alan Dodgeon, the self-styled 'Dodgester' or Paul Savory, perchance?
This discussion has been closed.