Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd logged on to the Political thread by mistake. ;-)

Didn't actually have you in mind, GS. ;-)
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Just before reading this post I only just realised that I wasn't on the politics thread for LBC! :o I had looked at both threads and thought I was still on the politics one when posting tonight.

Well, all right - but don't do it again! :D
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Well, all right - but don't do it again! :D

I like to think that with Iain's kind help we just about kept on side.

Steve may be taking calls on Christmas Day.

Any takers? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to think that with Iain's kind help we just about kept on side.

Steve may be taking calls on Christmas Day.

Any takers? :D

He'll only take calls from gushing admirers, so that rules out any of us! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He'll only take calls from gushing admirers, so that rules out any of us! :D
    Did you hear his show this morning? Much of it was about his visit to see Father Christmas and how great it was only it was freezing cold, his nose was constantly running and the contrast between the freezing weather and the heating indoors meant he sweated a lot inside and had to spend a lot of his time in his bedroom naked. He also waxed lyrically about a programme he heard on ANOTHER radio station. I reckon it might have been Jo Good. And actually Christmas Day is pretty good for me because I can listen to Mr Allen and then retune to Jo and Simon. That will see me through to the turkey. In other words, the Call Clegg Christmas Special. Are LBC mad or what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you hear his show this morning? Much of it was about his visit to see Father Christmas and how great it was only it was freezing cold, his nose was constantly running and the contrast between the freezing weather and the heating indoors meant he sweated a lot inside and had to spend a lot of his time in his bedroom naked. He also waxed lyrically about a programme he heard on ANOTHER radio station. I reckon it might have been Jo Good. And actually Christmas Day is pretty good for me because I can listen to Mr Allen and then retune to Jo and Simon. That will see me through to the turkey. In other words, the Call Clegg Christmas Special. Are LBC mad or what?

You've probably just put most of us off going to bed in case we have nightmares..... :o
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps the Clive Bull of around 2001 needs to come back,he called himself man cow Bull think he was a tad unhappy with the formula at that time, and also we had the moo man on when he took callers straight to air, if anybody remembers that.:o

That was during their silly period. Mancow Bull was a stupid publicity stunt by Management and not Clive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite glad that Julia has left but was she sacked? .

No. Else she wouldn't have been allowed to say "goodbye". She has also been referred to in press releases about the forthcoming programme changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've probably just put most of us off going to bed in case we have nightmares..... :o
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^

On the point that Nick Ferrari's show must get more listners, I would have to question that as do people really get to listen properly even if they are able to tune in? Most people will either be on there way to work or will be busy doing other things unless they are retired or something.

I think people leaving work are more likely to tune into the drive show and or take it in more properly as they won't be in as much of a rush leaving work as going to work.

The breakfast show on most, if not all, stations has more listeners than Drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fun Christmas Quiz

Q. What have Annie Nightingale, Michael Rosen, the late Charile Gillett and LBC's Iain Dale got in common?

A. They are the four broadcasters who have made the effort to comment on at least one of my forum posts. :cool:

the author?;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the author?;-)
    Yes - he was doing "Word of Mouth" on R4 about words.

I went off him, though, when I didn't win his poetry prize. :D
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the author?;-)

Funnily enough I thought you were him. Perhaps you are? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I thought you were him. Perhaps you are? ;)

I believe we are both still alive ;-)
    * goes to check my pulse *

(You originally said he had died!)
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let it go
    Let it go
    And the bum went over-sized

I think that's what she says, but I need to hear it on a Maxell
    (or is it "bomb" rather than "bum" ?)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice hearing Olly Mann promoting Steve Allen saying " He's a great listen and expecially on Christmas Day" and Nick Abbot too. He is true both good listeners and entertaining.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, sorry for the confusion! I edited the post as I was wrong. For some reason I thought Michael was no longer with us.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'd just like to wish a very Merry Christmas to all my fellow LBC threadsters, even the ones I've had little spats with!

May you all have a happy time and may this thread continue for the whole of the coming New Year.

CHEERS!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are you related to Michael Rosen, Martin? :)
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dotun Adebayo?

One can only dream. Darcus Howe would be interesting too although he may be too much to handle for LBC.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    No. Else she wouldn't have been allowed to say "goodbye". She has also been referred to in press releases about the forthcoming programme changes.

You don't know that for definite. I suspect it's more a case of how they react to being let go. If they kick off and can't be trusted not to get nasty about it on air (Whale, J Barnett) then they're understandably not given the opportunity. If they're grown up about it (E Barnett, JHB) they get to plan their exit and tell the audience.

My evidence for this is that Jenny Eclair was definitely sacked but did make an announcement on her last show. And Emma Barnett made her announcement that she was going to do "other things" but then did precisely nowt until she secured a gig on 5Live doing exactly what she'd left at LBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    You don't know that for definite. I suspect it's more a case of how they react to being let go. If they kick off and can't be trusted not to get nasty about it on air (Whale, J Barnett) then they're understandably not given the opportunity. If they're grown up about it (E Barnett, JHB) they get to plan their exit and tell the audience.

My evidence for this is that Jenny Eclair was definitely sacked but did make an announcement on her last show. And Emma Barnett made her announcement that she was going to do "other things" but then did precisely nowt until she secured a gig on 5Live doing exactly what she'd left at LBC.

Emma Barnett's main job is Womens' Editor and feature writer with The Telegraph, for which I imagine she is handsomely remunerated. Radio and TV work is probably just a nice sideline.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Emma Barnett's main job is Womens' Editor and feature writer with The Telegraph, for which I imagine she is handsomely remunerated. Radio and TV work is probably just a nice sideline.

Morning all. :)

Despite which she couldnt wait to get another gig on the radio doing the same show (news with audience input via social media) in almost the same slot (2 hours later) on the same day (Sunday) on another speech station hmmmm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aw, the rather good Neil Landor, Christmas 1976, and not a creepy, intimidating and downright revolting "the cord was connected to the house fire" song from the Government in the entire 2 minutes. Very different times indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3eXweIXII :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Despite which she couldnt wait to get another gig on the radio doing the same show (news with audience input via social media) in almost the same slot (2 hours later) on the same day (Sunday) on another speech station hmmmm?

Why not? You can never have too many sources of income. And I believe she left LBC to go to the BBC. She announced her departure weeks before it happened.
This discussion has been closed.