International Cricket 2015

Comments

• dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Anyone awake?

I wasn't planning on watching this but I found myself awake just after 3am so I thought I'd tune in for a few hours before work. I'm sure I'll regret is when I fall asleep at my desk this afternoon.

England need a decent start here.

Hope you're still awake:)

England going great guns

244/2 off 40. Can we get 100+ off the last 10 ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Zealand setting more records against Sri Lanka

From 93/5 after 20 overs to 360/5 !

Ronchi 170* and Elliott 104*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that didn't go well for England with 59/6 off the last 10 overs

Was hoping for something around 350 and we've limped to just over 300 with only 5 boundaries in the last 10 overs

Good bowling from Australia tho'
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Well that didn't go well for England with 59/6 off the last 10 overs

Was hoping for something around 350 and we've limped to just over 300 with only 5 boundaries in the last 10 overs

Good bowling from Australia tho'

330 had to be the absolute minimum today given where we were after 30 overs and 40 overs

very poor batting in the last 10 overs

bopara must be the worst player ever to play more than 100 games for his country , he has the odd cameo and everyone starts going on about his potential but he just continually fails to deliver on anywhere near a consistent enough basis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seemed like it was set up for Ravi and Buttler but it didn't happen

I think the Aussie bowlers have really mastered the pace variation at the end of an innings

Our bowlers need to learn this skill as well

(off to work now and will watch the highlights later)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Aussies are cruising along on run rate so it looks like we have to bowl them out to win.......(how often do we say that !)

Good news is that we've got 4 out and they've gone into the game 1 batsmen light.......
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    The Aussies are cruising along on run rate so it looks like we have to bowl them out to win.......(how often do we say that !)

Good news is that we've got 4 out and they've gone into the game 1 batsmen light.......

yeah that's our only hope atm that they have too many bits and pieces players in the middle order

really needed the extra 30 runs that we looked like getting
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Australia win but gee that was close! Took to the final ball to win
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tough on Bell not getting MOTM with 3 catches and 140 runs
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Ian Bell-fantastic way to become Englands highest One Day International run scorer. Pity it couldn't have resulted in a win-however close it was.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Tough on Bell not getting MOTM with 3 catches and 140 runs

Not tough...Wrong decision.

I don't see why it has to go to someone on the winning side.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific finish in Port Elizabeth in the Odi

Andre Russell sees the West Indies home by 1 wicket

The last wicket added 27 in 8 balls courtesy of some big hitting

Good to see the windies winning one
  • TokyoTokyo Posts: 8,533
    Forum Member
    Just noticed on Twitter that ITV1 will show CWC highlights, just hope there's an online version available too.
  • LadyOfShalottLadyOfShalott Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokyo wrote: »
    Just noticed on Twitter that ITV1 will show CWC highlights, just hope there's an online version available too.

England's matches will be on ITV, others will be on ITV4.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jan/27/itv-scores-cricket-world-cup-highlights

I was sorry ITV lost the rights to the IPL - it was the first live free-to-air cricket for years. Now it's back to highlights only...
    Forum Member
    Christ what a incredible finish to big bash that was! Brett Lee 2 wickets in 2 balls..........had the final ball of his career to get a super over and the sixers missed a run out opportunity and scorchers win it again
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Christ what a incredible finish to big bash that was! Brett Lee 2 wickets in 2 balls..........had the final ball of his career to get a super over and the sixers missed a run out opportunity and scorchers win it again

runner was out by miles as well
    Forum Member
    Incredible 361 scored by South Africa in their reduced innings (42 overs) against the west indies
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Incredible 361 scored by South Africa in their reduced innings (42 overs) against the west indies

it was just insane tbh

they scored 207 runs from the last 14 overs

average 50 over score on this ground batting first was 269 as well , so not like its a high scoring ground
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent performance from the Lions against an useful South African attack.

Roy and Vince particularly impressive. Despite being forenames rather than surnames,
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Amir ban has been lifted by the ICC. He can resume playing cricket at domestic level. Hopefully wont be long before we see him Pakistan colours again.

There was no way he should have been banned for as long as he was. Wish him luck on his return.

Anybody here like the new look of cricinfo? I hate it.
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Amir ban has been lifted by the ICC. He can resume playing cricket at domestic level. Hopefully wont be long before we see him Pakistan colours again.

There was no way he should have been banned for as long as he was. Wish him luck on his return.

of course he should have been banned for as long as he was , he accepted money for cheating , he is lucky to get his ban shortened

I do agree about cricinfo tho , its horrible and looks cluttered
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cricinfo is hideous, really dislike it ATM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »

Amir was only 18 when he got caught up in this . Should never have been sent to prison in what was a set up by journalists. Good to see him back.

I'm sure we will get used to the new cricinfo
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Amir was only 18 when he got caught up in this . Should never have been sent to prison in what was a set up by journalists. Good to see him back.

I'm sure we will get used to the new cricinfo

They are looking at all cases/stings by the fake sheikh.

But in this case a ball was indeed bowled as predicted and monies exchanged. So the conviction may stand. Is Butt appealing his ban as well
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blimey.......I've been on longer holidays than the time between matches in this Tri-Nation tournament