Options

The dichotomy of Michelle and Hopkins being on the same side.

Comments

• Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Why are people analysing this? Michelle and Hopkins have a similar sense of humour, they make eachother laugh...two people can be friends but not agree on everything (which Michelle has pointed out many times that she disagrees with a lot of Hopkins views)...so mystery solved.

Im amused to how many people on opening night were saying "Queen Michelle will be brilliant" but now those same people cant stand her...and yet she hasn't changed since night one. lol........I wonder if her friendship with panto villain Hopkins has influenced peoples attitude towards Michelle. ;)

I don't know why you're winking at the end as if you've suggested something clever. The entire thread is people explaining why they've gone off Michelle and it's got little to do with Katie Hopkins. It's not the only thread with similar discussion today.

Keep up, Captain.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    I don't know why you're winking at the end as if you've suggested something clever. The entire thread is people explaining why they've gone off Michelle and it's got little to do with Katie Hopkins. It's not the only thread with similar discussion today.

Keep up, Captain.

Im not only keeping up with you lot but im well ahead of you.

I've seen threads complaining that they are disappointed in Michelle for being mates with Hopkins...now that might not explain why all of those who once liked Michelle have gone off her but it does explain why many have decided to jump ship. ;)
  • Options
    dash234dash234 Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt_Maher wrote: »
    Give an example of Katie Hopkins' bigotry in the house please.

I would say her incessant need to degrade Alicia over her intelligence (learning disability) - would be an example of bigotry.
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Apart from the fact Alicia is dyslexic, are even young children allowed to mock anyone for lack of intellect? No it's classed as bullying towards children or adults. BOTS was damned disgraceful to continue the mocking.

Exactly. Why do people feel the need to belittle someone who has a learning disability? I just do not understand it.

I have heard that one of the last prejudices that seem acceptable in this day and age -- is against obese people.. but I I would add to it - people seem to be okay with mocking and debasing people who are of lesser intelligence.. a lot of times - through NO fault of their own.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Why are people analysing this? Michelle and Hopkins have a similar sense of humour, they make eachother laugh...two people can be friends but not agree on everything (which Michelle has pointed out many times that she disagrees with a lot of Hopkins views)...so mystery solved.

Im amused to how many people on opening night were saying "Queen Michelle will be brilliant" but now those same people cant stand her...and yet she hasn't changed since night one. lol........I wonder if her friendship with panto villain Hopkins has influenced peoples attitude towards Michelle. ;)

you keep using this same fallacy in any thread about Michelle and i, and others, keep responding with lists of reasons why people "went off" Michelle, none of which were Michelle being friends with Katie, most of which were to do with hypocrisy, and you never respond just move to another thread and write the same fallacy. It's beginning to look like baiting

here's a reply i've posted twice to you already:
    planets wrote: »
    You are not the only poster who keeps posting this, yet i've seen you and the posters who like to use this fallacy in threads where people have detailed why they dislike Michelle, or why they "went off" Michelle, and none of it was due to her association with Hopkins. People have repeatedly posted that they started to "go off" Michelle when her actions contradicted her propaganda. For example she would repeatedly state "i'm here for all the freaks and outcasts" that's one of her selling points but then her actions were she would call Alicia "dingbat" and laugh at how stupid she was "one brain cell" etc that's not "being there for the outcasts" that's ridiculing someone because they aren't the same as you.
    There was the hypocrisy over attacking Alicia over a banana when we had seen footage of Michelle and Katie stealing and hiding food themselves, yet it was Michelle who rallied the troops with "Dingbat's stolen bananas"....
    Then there was further hypocrisy with all the "i'm here for all the LGBT community" unless you happened to be a the wrong type of gay then she would support the person using the descriptor "****" . Would she have supported Alex if he'd called Kav a ****?
    So to answer your question no, it's not the fact she hangs out with Katie Hopkins that people dislike Michelle.

Here's Scarlet's reply :
    Same.

My feelings about Michelle didn't change when she befriended KH, because that happened almost straight away. For me it started during banana-gate, when a dominant group chose to make a huge fuss against one (at that point) 'weaker' HM for hiding food when Michelle herself had done the same thing earlier. She then took part in some unwarranted bitching about Alicia's looks and intelligence. It was nasty stuff.

After Perez' 24hr meltdown, I found her crying in the DR about him being a 'bad gay' inauthentic. She just seemed to be enraged, having a meltdown and using it as a stick to beat him with. Losing it over Perez was understandable, but making his actions 'political' didn't feel right to me.

Having mauled Alicia behind her back, she then encouraged her to drop Perez under the guise of 'empowerment', when she herself had no interest in being Alicia's friend and knew Perez was one of the few who did.

In the argument between Cami and Alicia, she chose to validate what was effectively a lie from Cami about not bringing Alicia's family into it. Michelle didn't hear the comment properly or she did hear it, but either way, "she didn't say that" was flagrantly untrue.

I then saw her calling Keith "Switzerland" and telling him to "pick a ****ing side" for "family". She pushed and pushed until Keith said he was on her side. She then moved on to Calum, who calmly explained he's just talking to Perez but it doesn't mean anything...Michelle wanted him to stop having anything to do with Perez because she's "protective" of Calum, and in return she offered to help him.

So what I've observed that put me off actually has little to nothing to do with KH. I find Michelle self-important, slightly intimidating, lacking self-awareness re her own behaviours and quite manipulative. I don't dislike her though. I just don't actively like her anymore.

Also you keep saying "those same people", it's not "those same people". "Those same people" that called her "Queen" are still saying she's brilliant and completely ignoring any posts which point out the behaviours those posters, like yourself, repeatedly ignore. Most posters didn't know who Michelle is, and have been googling for weeks to try and find out about her life's work of advocacy for the disadvantaged, only to find she was in a 3rd rate girl band for a bit then was a replacement judge on a show about drag queen's. Every time people ask "what does she actually do ?" we just get told things like people are pretending to be gay or your little fallacious post repeated over and over.

So for the THIRD time : No it's not because Michelle is friend's with Katie.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you keep using this same fallacy in any thread about Michelle and i, and others, keep responding with lists of reasons why people "went off" Michelle, none of which were Michelle being friends with Katie, most of which were to do with hypocrisy, and you never respond just move to another thread and write the same fallacy. It's beginning to look like baiting

Here's Scarlet's reply :

Also you keep saying "those same people", it's not "those same people". "Those same people" that called her "Queen" are still saying she's brilliant and completely ignoring any posts which point out the behaviours those posters, like yourself, repeatedly ignore. Most posters didn't know who Michelle is, and have been googling for weeks to try and find out about her life's work of advocacy for the disadvantaged, only to find she was in a 3rd rate girl band for a bit then was a replacement judge on a show about drag queen's. Every time people ask "what does she actually do ?" we just get told things like people are pretending to be gay or your little fallacious post repeated over and over.

Bravo!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bravo!!!

doesn't matter how many times anyone writes an actual response, it gets ignored, which is why i think it's deliberate baiting....just waiting for the same paragraph to be paraphrased and turn up again.....
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dash234 wrote: »
    I would say her incessant need to degrade Alicia over her intelligence (learning disability) - would be an example of bigotry.

Exactly. Why do people feel the need to belittle someone who has a learning disability? I just do not understand it.

I have heard that one of the last prejudices that seem acceptable in this day and age -- is against obese people.. but I I would add to it - people seem to be okay with mocking and debasing people who are of lesser intelligence.. a lot of times - through NO fault of their own.

They feel the need to mock and bully because they are lacking in self confidence, maturity and empathy, basically. She's one very messed up unhappy woman.
  • Options
    Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm, being thick and dim has absolutely nothing to do with being dyslexic.
    And nobody has made fun of Alicia for being dyslexic. That's almost as bad as saying anyone who has a go at Perez is homophobic.

Also isn't Alicia a self-diagnosed dyslexic anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here's Scarlet's reply :

Well said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And nobody has made fun of Alicia for being dyslexic. That's almost as bad as saying anyone who has a go at Perez is homophobic.

Oh please! She's far from thick and dim, you've listened to the gang too much and not watched the evidence in front of your eyes.
    Do you understand the first thing about dyslexia and even if she isn't, it's hideous to pick on anyone for perceived lack of intellect, the way they did. . It's bullying full stop.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't matter how many times anyone writes an actual response, it gets ignored, which is why i think it's deliberate baiting....just waiting for the same paragraph to be paraphrased and turn up again.....

Amusingly enough it's the very same as that Katie h/Patsy conversation. Katie asks a question, Patsy gives a straight answer, Katie complains that she can't get a straight answer. :D;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amusingly enough it's the very same as that Katie h/Patsy conversation. Katie asks a question, Patsy gives a straight answer, Katie complains that she can't get a straight answer. :D;-)

oooo life imitating reality tv (couldn't type "art" even for the joke..."life imitates farts" perhaps?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please! She's far from thick and dim, you've listened to the gang too much and not watched the evidence in front of your eyes.

No i've seen what everyone else on here has seen.
    I think it's truly scary that Alicia has children and I bet they must feel great after hearing her say she'd rather be dead than not have boobs.

She is dim, that doesn't make her a bad person.
    And as I said, dyslexia and especially self-diagnosed dyslexia, has nothing to do with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No i've seen what everyone else on here has seen.
    I think it's truly scary that Alicia has children and I bet they must feel great after hearing her say she'd rather be dead than not have boobs.

She is dim, that doesn't make her a bad person.
    And as I said, dyslexia and especially self-diagnosed dyslexia, has nothing to do with that.

There are many people on here who understand her problems and don't jump on the cruelty wagon. Why is she dim? Do you also know nothing about body dysmorphia? Sorry but there are emotionally damaged and educationally let down people in this world. You know she is self diagnosed?
    I wasn't a fan of hers but not for such demeaning reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many people on here who understand her problems and don't jump on the cruelty wagon. Why is she dim? Do you also know nothing about body dysmorphia? Sorry but there are emotionally damaged and educationally let down people in this world.

The things she says, the things she doesn't get, it's even getting hard for people who feel sorry for her to defend her dimness now.

It's funny how her self-diagnosed dyslexia suddenly came out of nowhere too.
    She didn't mention it when she came across just as dim in Love Island:

"I sense that with me not knowing my alphabet and geography sometimes I come across as brain dead, but I don't mind that. I have a different intelligence and I'm street wise."

Also the way she raises her daughter by encouraging boob jobs and holding 'pimps and hoes' parties doesn't do much for her intelligence either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    So many great posts on this thread.
    Well observed, well argued, and well put. Well done everyone. :)

My feelings re Michelle, are that I feel she's the cause of much of the tension in the house. Firstly, I imagine she's quite an intimidating person, so people end up either agreeing with her, or saying nothing. I wonder what they really think of her.

Secondly, she was the instigator of the splitting of the group, and it all happened when Perez nominated her (while he and Cami were king and queen) instead of nominating KH, as they all expected.

Michelle was incensed and had a heated talk with him about it. Which ended with him letting her know he didn't really care about whether she had his back or not.

That's when Michelle declared war on Perez. And as she said "game on"

Since then she's been loading the gun for others to fire at him. The mean girls seemed to go into overdrive.

Prior to this nomination - Michelle was ok with Perez. And would sit on the fence during most things, and listen and watch.

But the gloves came off after that nomination. And when Chloe was out of the house, she said Michelle's going to get Perez.
    And Michelle's campaign of you're with me or against me started.
    That's when they started on Nadia and Alicia.

Because they wanted to ostracise Perez . I don't think KH would have gone as far with it, as she has without the 'help and encouragement' of Michelle.

Michelle is strong, tough and intimidating, and being in KH's corner has made KH feel safe and strong, because she knows Michelle has her back.
    And so KH has been hounding Perez, and becoming more and more mouthy.
    More than she would have dared to be otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The things she says, the things she doesn't get, it's even getting hard for people who feel sorry for her to defend her dimness now.

It's funny how her self-diagnosed dyslexia suddenly came out of nowhere too.
    She didn't mention it when she came across just as dim in Love Island:

"I sense that with me not knowing my alphabet and geography sometimes I come across as brain dead, but I don't mind that. I have a different intelligence and I'm street wise."

Also the way she raises her daughter by encouraging boob jobs and holding 'pimps and hoes' parties doesn't do much for her intelligence either.

Please look up the symptoms of dyslexia. Have you any idea how much education, we all take for granted, is lost by the dyslexic. Have you any idea how much shame many feel as they are ignored or mocked. Our education system stinks. I have no reason to question her in that respect at all, having some experience and knowledge of the subject. She's also sought help for her body dysmorphia and subsequent surgery addiction. because of her attitude towards her daughter. Good for her, she was so messed up and I wish her luck.
  • Options
    dash234dash234 Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They feel the need to mock and bully because they are lacking in self confidence, maturity and empathy, basically. She's one very messed up unhappy woman.

It makes it understandable - how she grappled with the alphabet... which is one of things they made fun of her about. She showed she is intelligent when she talked about nutrition and such. Dyslexia does disrupt the learning process. My sister is dyslexic. She is smart, but it was much harder to learn because of it.

Alicia also had a child as a teen, which likely interfered with her education.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes it understandable - how she grappled with the alphabet... which is one of things they made fun of her about. She showed she is intelligent when she talked about nutrition and such. Dyslexia does disrupt the learning process. My sister is dyslexic. She is smart, but it was much harder to learn because of it.

Alicia also had a child as a teen, which likely interfered with her education.

Yes and the system in general is inadequate to this day, in helping dyslexics who aren't thick or stupid! Who'd have predicted this would have come out of Katie Hopkins' juvenile bullying behaviour? BOTS were just as bad. Dyslexic or not this was bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    open heart wrote: »

My feelings re Michelle, are that I feel she's the cause of much of the tension in the house. Firstly, I imagine she's quite an intimidating person, so people end up either agreeing with her, or saying nothing. I wonder what they really think of her.

Secondly, she was the instigator of the splitting of the group, and it all happened when Perez nominated her (while he and Cami were king and queen) instead of nominating KH, as they all expected.

Michelle was incensed and had a heated talk with him about it. Which ended with him letting her know he didn't really care about whether she had his back or not.

Since then she's been loading the gun for others to fire at him. The mean girls seemed to go into overdrive.

Prior to this nomination - Michelle was ok with Perez. And would sit on the fence during most things, and listen and watch.

But the gloves came off after that nomination. And when Chloe was out of the house, she said Michelle's going to get Perez.

Because they wanted to ostracise Perez . I don't think KH would have gone as far with it, as she has without the 'help and encouragement' of Michelle.

Michelle is strong, tough and intimidating, and being in KH's corner has made KH feel safe and strong, because she knows Michelle has her back.

Really interesting open heart, fascinating details pieced together!!!
    Because i can't watch BotS (tragically i am fatally allergic to the audience, guests and presenters :cry: ) there's lots of crucial little details i've missed.....thanks for posting that.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I agree. Putting the antagonistic little wink at the end of the sentence supports this theory.

Or maybe some people just can't be bothered to read, which is the internet equivalent of not listening?

Great post. I'd completely forgotten about the whole nomination thing and Michelle's "game on".

I've felt for a while that the outrage over Alexander's departure was an ill-disguised 'hook' to hang the campaign on. The level of 'upset' was out of proportion to their liking of Alexander but was very 'in proportion' with their level of dislike for Perez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said. Thank you, your recall is far better than mine. Katie H needed back up in there for her nastiness to begin and Michelle was always the ringleader and loading the gun.. Cami is also a nasty piece of work and they fit together well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. Putting the antagonistic little wink at the end of the sentence supports this theory.

Or maybe some people just can't be bothered to read, which is the internet equivalent of not listening?

Great post. I'd completely forgotten about the whole nomination thing and Michelle's "game on".

I've felt for a while that the outrage over Alexander's departure was an ill-disguised 'hook' to hang the campaign on. The level of 'upset' was out of proportion to their liking of Alexander but was very 'in proportion' with their level of dislike for Perez.

well it means the totally brilliantly deduced theory about everyone disliking Michelle because she hangs out with Katie Hopkins looks a bit ropey....still waste not want not...if someone starts another thread about Michelle i'm sure we'll see it again.
  • Options
    JubadiJubadi Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, Michelle's no simpering lackey following the leader but rather a calculated, focused operator. Her opening gambit with Perez was to call in markers she claimed she had from supporting him in his early days. He didn't really remember it that way and then nominated her. From there it was "game on", as you say, and Perez was suddenly a disgrace setting her people back decades as she descended into sanctimonious farce.

Doesn't matter that for every bad thing he's done in the house he's done twice as bad before he went in. She didn't consider him a disgrace then.

I think KH is more than happy in alliance with Michelle as she knows her crude tactics won't work on Michelle and she'd just end up looking weak losing that war, which is her fetish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jubadi wrote: »
    Yes, Michelle's no simpering lackey following the leader but rather a calculated, focused operator. Her opening gambit with Perez was to call in markers she claimed she had from supporting him in his early days. He didn't really remember it that way and then nominated her. From there it was "game on", as you say, and Perez was suddenly a disgrace setting her people back decades as she descended into sanctimonious farce.

Doesn't matter that for every bad thing he's done in the house he's done twice as bad before he went in. She didn't consider him a disgrace then.

I think KH is more than happy in alliance with Michelle as she knows her crude tactics won't work on Michelle and she'd just end up looking weak losing that war, which is her fetish.

He was far from a disgrace until he dared to nominate her. She wanted to hang onto his shirt tails with falsehood. He called her out on it by the nomination and that's when the house division started, much to Hopkins' delight.