Hair colour row pupil expelled after taking cyber-revenge on headteacher

Comments

• Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    another potentially misuse of the malicious communications act. scary stuff

I think so too. Photoshoping a "u want sum" on a pic comes under the malicious communications act? The description of him copying pictures off the teacher's Facebook page is over the top. They say he "invaded a person's private space and he copied pictures from a staff member's personal Facebook profile.".
  • Options
    Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    If only schools cared about children's education as much as they care about what the kids look like.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to a very ultra conservative, strict Catholic school and we had teachers at the school gates checking to see if our uniforms were correct. If not, we were sent home.
    Then one day, I decided to dye my red hair jet black (mainly because I was bullied over my red hair by classmates and others at school). And oh my God, you'd have thought I murdered someone. I was taken to the headmistress' office straight away and given a stern talking too. They thought I dyed my hair purple, but it was the sun shining on my hair which gave that affect. This was also 2 weeks before I was due to have my confirmation at the local church. I dyed my hair at a friends house on a Saturday and my mum was livid and I went to school that Monday. She called me Snow White because of my pale white face and jet black hair. She was embarrassed. I was suspended for 1 day. But I don't agree with what this boy did.

Also makes me laugh when I see the girls I went to school with who mocked my red hair now dying their hair red :)
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no practical purpose that I can see in dictating what colour the pupils' hair ought to be.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    He's already been suspended twice so I doubt this was an isolated instance.. You would have thought that if you were on such thin ice you wouldn't act so stupidly..

'Yeah, but, like, its my right to do this, innit?. You cant do nuffink about it, bruv. I knows my rights, yeah?. You cant like tell me what to do, ya get me?. If you does, you is like some facist or sumfink.'
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the days when parents of c*nty little schoolkids used to SUPPORT the teacher and school and actually get angry at their own child?.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the days when parents of c*nty little schoolkids used to SUPPORT the teacher and school and actually get angry at their own child?.

Yes those where the days you where able to discipline in your child without it been frowned upon, nowadays kids don't even respect their parents either.

And teachers these days aren't what they were in the past either, respect goes both ways, and if teachers speak to kids like they do at my daughters school it's no wonder they don't get support & respect.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Yeah, but, like, its my right to do this, innit?. You cant do nuffink about it, bruv. I knows my rights, yeah?. You cant like tell me what to do, ya get me?. If you does, you is like some facist or sumfink.'

Such an accurate description 😂😂😂
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UTTERLY PATHETIC ACTIONS by the school

he put up the pic as an EXAMPLE of his case, only others started trolling the headteacher!

it isn't his fault, and the school should immediately reinstate him
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you ask me their is a bit more to this than just him uploading the photo. It does say he made comments about the teacher. It does not say what the comments are but I would assume they where more the reason for him getting kicked out than the photo.

'Jordan and his parents signed a home school agreement in terms of acceptable use of IT, which is very clear,' he said.

'Even if it was in his own time, it invaded a person's private space and he copied pictures from a staff member's personal Facebook profile.

'He refused to take part in any restorative justice which would have involved meetings between him and Ms Featherstone.

It also does suggest the school tried to resolve the issue between the teacher and the pupil but he refused to accept the punishment. If he is not willing to accept the responsibility for his actions then what choice do they have but kick him out.

He has been kicked twice before so he was already on thin ground with the school then he gets his hair done breaking school rules again.

I am with the school here you go their to learn and should focus on the people turning up willing to learn. Not on idiots like him who mess about take up teachers time and think it is laugh. So kick him out of school then let his parents deal with the problem. If they cannot control their son what do they expect the school to do.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_Wilkes wrote: »
    The kid ought to get some legal advice and sue the arse of the teacher and school.

For what exactly?
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little shit deserves it.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So kids can get expelled for posting a pic of a teacher with different-coloured hair?

What a disgrace.
    Is it? in it's self I agree but it was the abuse that that followed from his actions, he was the cause of it and expulsion was the only option the school felt they had left.
    bozzimacoo wrote: »
    I think he at least deserved an A* for his photo-shopping :)
    This made me laugh and I think you are right, she is a pretty enough lass but not a bad hair make over.

It's a pity the school took the option they did but felt they had little choice, he knew what he were doing and hoped for resulting comments.

Still, some creative skill and thought there, it's a pity they couldn't build upon it.
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough to deal with this within the school, with detention, suspension, or expulsion if it's the "last straw" in a disruptive pattern. But police involvement? Seriously?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2926681/Teenager-told-dyed-red-hair-unacceptable-expelled-posting-headteacher-s-picture.html

I thought it was pretty funny to be honest, although he's a very naughty boy! :D

I can't believe he was reported to the police. Oh well, lots of people will see her photo now.

The kid's got a brain and can see idiocy when it hits him in the face.

Just as most others will.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    So kids can get expelled for posting a pic of a teacher with different-coloured hair?

What a disgrace.
    people can get murdered for publishing pictures of a fictitious prophets, it s a strange world we live in.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    people can get murdered for publishing pictures of a fictitious prophets, it s a strange world we live in.
    That's very true words although not fictitious and puts things into perspective but freedom of speech and expression must be coupled with responsibility.
  • Options
    Sarah_1971Sarah_1971 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, seeing how some adults are reacting on here, it's no wonder the kids today have no respect for school or adults in general. My mom would have backed the school 100% but she wouldn't have needed to, as she bought me up to respect others and the rules of the school.

Schools have dress codes and codes of conduct. It is the parents responsibility to make sure their child respects these. I am often amazed this parents sell their stories to the press. I would be ashamed to admit they were my kids.
  • Options
    Tim_WilkesTim_Wilkes Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »

So you're saying the school's no different than those who kill?

Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Yes those where the days you where able to discipline in your child without it been frowned upon, nowadays kids don't even respect their parents either.

And teachers these days aren't what they were in the past either, respect goes both ways, and if teachers speak to kids like they do at my daughters school it's no wonder they don't get support & respect.

In what way have parents been stopped from disciplining their own children?
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    In what way have parents been stopped from disciplining their own children?

You know the cane, a good old slipper, a whack around the tabs, sending them down the pit or up the chimney...you know the good old days :D
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    It's more than just dyed hair. He posted pictures of a teacher "in anger" and "for revenge" including insults. He used the teachers dyed hair for justification, despite the photo being taken in fancy dress (y'know, temporary, for fun) six months before she was employed by the school.

A way was made to allow him to stay (apologies ti the head teacher) which he refused to do so. He was expelled for the undermining of that authority.

Justly so. Life lesson learned.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    I think its less about the actions and more to do with the attitude. We all need to show respect, wether that be to the rules that others manage to follow or people.

Action had to be taken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kid ought to get some legal advice and sue the arse of the teacher and school.
    You offering to pay?
    dave9946 wrote: »
    Wasn't just the colour, but style to, a Mohawk and died red.

Indeed. In an effort to create a martyr, the Mail is oddly hasty over that point. He was suspended for coming to school with a red MOHAWK. And here is a photograph of a teacher whose hair is not in a mohawk. So all the blather about hair colour is completely pointless.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd far prefer to have a child with a mind, will and thinking capacity of its own. One that will push the boundaries as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else. One that will look at the rules and see pointless shite writ large.

I'd hate to have some meek and mild conformist, creeping and kow towing to the teaching staff all the time.