Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like many other celebs really.

How many celebs that you see on say, Comic Relief, spend their lives working solely for charity? They have other calls on their time too.

Very true ,..and when a forum topic comes up about them ...I will post my opinions of them on there also.. As this is about Andre ...I will continue to post about him on here ;)
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That's it, completely ignore the point being made. I expect no less. ;) I'm afraid I haven't been on ChannelDim for a while (too orange, too gag-making), I'm referencing his own 'foundation' and the lack of clarity and the very ambiguous and ham-fisted nature of his fundraising.

Surely you can see why it's being queried when he doesn't even have a link to his fundraising/donate option on his own 'foundation' site? When he's so 'shy' about telling people how his fundraising is going and where he is in relation to his target? When he's failed to come up with a fundraising strategy despite a fan posting back in May that he had loads of exciting plans in the pipeline? When the one 'idea' he's come up with - 7 mths down the line! - is to have supporters do all the hard work in return for a signed picture and a wristband??

You were implying that PA was not funding the buses because if he was he would have said so...I then told you that he has said he is funding them, backed up by a cancer awareness nurse who works on one of the buses.

You chose to ignore that fact....but then, I expect no less.;)
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true ,..and when a forum topic comes up about them ...I will post my opinions of them on there also.. As this is about Andre ...I will continue to post about him on here ;)

I was replying to your post which suggested Andre is ''great at asking others to put themselves out to raise money but not so great at doing much himself'', so I was referring to those ''others''.

I never suggested you shouldn't post on Andre, here or anywhere else, and I can't understand why you would think that Betty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Indeed. And at least we are actually looking at the facts as presented by PA and basing our queries on that, unlike his 'supporters but not fans' ;) who are completely ignoring those same facts while finger-wagging and rambling on about what he says on that bastion of truth and enlightenment, his vanity channel.

All anyone is asking for is a little bit of clear and unambiguous info on how an appeal he rightly made a big deal out of launching 7 months ago - and which he regularly and happily references in interviews - is progressing. Is that really too big an ask??

So you are saying he is lying when he said he is funding the buses?

More importantly, you are also calling a cancer awareness nurse who is on one of the buses a liar??

UNbelievable!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    So you are saying he is lying when he said he is funding the buses?

More importantly, you are also calling a cancer awareness nurse who is on one of the buses a liar??

Unbelievable!! :rolleyes:

Indeed.

He's working with one of the best known - if not the best known - cancer charity in the UK, so why would he or anyone who's working for them have cause to lie? Fund raising is exactly that, and he couldn't possibly be expected to fund the whole lot himself.

Nit picking seems to abound. There's one rule for other celebs, and quite another for Peter Andre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

He's working with one of the best known - if not the best known - cancer charity in the UK, so why would he or anyone who's working for them have cause to lie? Fund raising is exactly that, and he couldn't possibly be expected to fund the whole lot himself.

Nit picking seems to abound. There's one rule for other celebs, and quite another for Peter Andre.

Anything positive written on this thread about PA is met with hostility...as can be witnessed by reading through this thread.

His detractors completely refuse to believable that the man does anything good in his life.
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he does anything with a double dose of what can I get out of this, how can this make me look good...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    j0anne wrote: »
    he does anything with a double dose of what can I get out of this, how can this make me look good...

Do you know this for a fact? It's your opinion.

And you don't like him so you are not going to think anything else really are you? :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Pete. Such a perfectly selfless humanitarian, world class musician, model Father, raconteur and comedy genius. Oh, and he makes nice coffee too.
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything positive written on this thread about PA is met with hostility...as can be witnessed by reading through this thread.

His detractors completely refuse to believable that the man does anything good in his life.

Only on this thread could you be considered a 'fan' if you try to put a positive spin on anything PA does.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor Pete. Such a perfectly selfless humanitarian, world class musician, model Father, raconteur and comedy genius. Oh, and he makes nice coffee too.
    :D:D:D:D

You've been in his coffee shop?? :eek:

:
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Pete is in Liverpool today. Lucky scousers ! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was replying to your post which suggested Andre is ''great at asking others to put themselves out to raise money but not so great at doing much himself'', so I was referring to those ''others''.

I never suggested you shouldn't post on Andre, here or anywhere else, and I can't understand why you would think that Betty.

There was NO suggestion...I think he wants everyone else to raise the money whilst he does so little..
    And I never believed you suggested I don't post.. My reply was that if a topic comes on DS about others who behave like Andre ..I will post in a similar way ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Well, Pete is in Liverpool today. Lucky scousers ! :cool:

Luckily Liverpool is a big place so I can easily avoid the twonk ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was NO suggestion...I think he wants everyone else to raise the money whilst he does so little..
    And I never believed you suggested I don't post.. My reply was that if a topic comes on DS about others who behave like Andre ..I will post in a similar way ..

Why do you think he does 'so little'?

Public fundraising has been going on since Victorian times and instigators of the fundraising didn't raise it all themselves. If it was K**** P**** I'm sure you'd be falling over yourself to say how wonderful you think she is and just how much she raises.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    Do you know this for a fact? It's your opinion.

And you don't like him so you are not going to think anything else really are you? :)

Think the calculated lies he told about his celibacy and his brothers kidney transplant, all told to make himself look good, prove that this opinion of him is well founded due to his past history and goes far beyond the simple dislike of a poster, just how much more proof do some need :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Think the calculated lies he told about his celibacy and his brothers kidney transplant, all told to make himself look good, prove that this opinion of him is well founded due to his past history and goes far beyond the simple dislike of a poster, just how much more proof do some need :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could fill me in on these 'lies' as at nearly 4,000 posts, it's a long thread......

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you think he does 'so little'?

Public fundraising has been going on since Victorian times and instigators of the fundraising didn't raise it all themselves. If it was K**** P**** I'm sure you'd be falling over yourself to say how wonderful you think she is and just how much she raises.[/

What has Katie Price got to do with anything?? .. Accept not everyone likes Peter and we don't have to.. He is Mr Smarm n Charm ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has Katie Price got to do with anything?? .. Accept not everyone likes Peter and we don't have to.. He is Mr Smarm n Charm ...

They go together like.....hmmm......Smarm 'n Charm(less) and as they seem to delight in winding each other up, and were married to each other at one time I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be mentioned on here.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily Liverpool is a big place so I can easily avoid the twonk ;)

Didn't know you were a Liverpuddlian BB. Dont have a crafty peek now :D Superdrug, l think ;)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were implying that PA was not funding the buses because if he was he would have said so...I then told you that he has said he is funding them, backed up by a cancer awareness nurse who works on one of the buses.

You chose to ignore that fact....but then, I expect no less.;)

:D Yes, I know what you told me and I treated it accordingly. A non-starter is ever there was one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not that so much, Betty, and I don't think that's strictly true either - he's plainly doing various info/awareness-related things (the tv slots, attending the roadshow service, promotion on his channel etc) - it's more the impression his apathetic 'foundation' website gives that makes it look like he's done nothing personally in actual fundraising terms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your argument cancels itself out with that last point. Why are you spending your time being negative about people, when I am sure you could find an orange-tinted world full of Pa-loving made-up positives to keep you all aglow?

If you can't practice what you preach, how can we ever hope to learn from your moral leadership?

Preachers rarely give good practice.

Pete is glow-inducing, isn't he? A right little heat machine. All homes should be issued with a pic of Pete to keep them warm as an alternative to that extra jumper Camerotten recommended to cope with the rise in fuel prices. :cool: (< in a hot way)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »

What lie was that - I got the impression it was more a misunderstanding on Pete's part. Since the cancer had already spread beyond the kidney, there is no way they would have carried out a kidney transplant. There would have been virtually no chance of success and it would have been unethical to take and ultimately waste a kidney from a living donor. In other words, the doctor might well have told Pete that they could not use his or any other family member's kidney
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Didn't know you were a Liverpuddlian BB. Dont have a crafty peek now :D Superdrug, l think ;)

Scouse n prouds Sids and thanks for the heads up..now I know where to avoid.. I can shop in peace ;)
This discussion has been closed.