Options

Linda (Ee) - over acting

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
Forum Member
✭✭
She really over acts in all her scenes. You can imagine her almost reading her script.

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been like that in everything I've ever seen her in, very stage schooly if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's dreadful, but at the same time i find her strangely appealing to watch and in soaps i think the 'watchabilty factor' is more important than acting talent.
    I aslo think she has a lovely smile.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She's been like that in everything I've ever seen her in, very stage schooly if you know what I mean.

That's it. Very stage school
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sausage" was getting on my wick last night.

I don't dislike her, but it feels like too much too soon with this family - laying it on with a trowel my old mam would call it.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't dislike her, but it feels like too much too soon with this family - .

Some fm's thought Jake and Sadie were brought in too slowly, so the show can't win sometimes.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Some fm's thought Jake and Sadie were brought in too slowly, so the show can't win sometimes.

That was one extreme, the Carters seems to have gone to the other extreme.

There is a middle way .....
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree she looks out of her depth at the moment but she may get better as time goes on.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree, very good and capable actress, it would be unfair to judge right now! She's doing fine!
  • Options
    Caza_BellowCaza_Bellow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me a lot of Viv Hope from Emmerdale when she pulls them funny facial expressions. If you observe the character carefully then perhaps you might see it too.

Also, Nancy reminds me a bit of Jodie Marsh (more so the voice).
  • Options
    BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her character seems very stage school though. Everything is for show, she treats her job as landlady as giving a performance everyday. I don't see why her being over dramatic is the actresses fault when the character is clearly written in that way.
  • Options
    Sisney_HunterSisney_Hunter Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    She reminds me of Bianca
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help liking her though.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The character is meant to be dramatic....everything is about appearance and performance with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    She reminds me of Bianca

yh and Roxy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but i agree, she is hopeless actress :p
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, she's one of the first women on Eastenders I've found believable, and with a bit of depth, in a long time.
    She's a strong woman who doesn't feel the need to scream her head off or assault people, which is refreshing.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a 21st century Angie Watts. All about appearances and keeping the punters happy. But I think Johnny coming out will be us seeing what Linda is really like underneath the charade.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think she is theatrical but I think that's exactly how the character is meant to be played. Linda is meant be a dramatic larger than life character and Kellie is very interesting with it.

I've seen Kellie play a subtle character in bad girls called Cassie. She's totally unrecognisable as Linda but dull as hell.

I like Linda, as OTT as she may be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If she says ''sausage'' one more time i will ram it down her throat..( yawn) ^-^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Kellie Bright is an amazing actress. I think Linda is an OTT character but we don't really know the family at all yet, can't really judge we know there was a fall out with her and Shirley because of a fire, we know their son is gay and their daughter was gonna get married, their other son is yet to appear on screen so it is a bit premature to judge, give her a month at least.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Im not a fan of the character yet but the actress is good, she's already making an impact which for someone whose only been it it about 2 weeks, is very commendable!
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Linda and I think the actress is doing a good job so far.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    She really over acts in all her scenes. You can imagine her almost reading her script.

Agreed. Linda is the only weak link in the Carter family so far. The rest are excellent.
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I think she's great. Really like Linda so far and think Kellie's doing a good job. It's Nancy I can't stand.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I think she's a big mistake as a casting. Sorry but can't get past the fact that she looks like Mick's mother, if not very older sister