Options

Caroline's Argentine Tango

edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
Forum Member
✭✭
3 10s for THAT :o:o:confused:

I'm sorry but I think that it was a tad overmarked . It's obvious the judges are trying to protect her with scores :p;-); It wasnt THAT good and she looked tentative at times; not comfortable. It was good but not that good imo.

Comments

• Options
    myla5trolomyla5trolo Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with you, it didn't give me 'tingles' as a really good AT usually does
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just not likeable at all - her personality in every dance is just 0
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked it
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it.
    Far too many AT are all flash and no substance.

It's not meant to be an aggressive dance
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

I'm sorry but I think that it was a tad overmarked . It's obvious the judges are trying to protect her with scores :p;-); It wasnt THAT good and she looked tentative at times; not comfortable. It was good but not that good imo.

Well you would say that knowing you. ;-)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I loved it.

Agree. It was pitched perfectly for them.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the AT I've liked the most in Strickly so far. Very intense and I appreciated the lack of tacky story - no dodgy lampposts or phoneboxes.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I think it was brilliant.

THAT is what an AT is.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    The beginning made me hold my breath. It's was intense and amazing.

Love Caroline. Loved the Argentine Tango.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was excellent.
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it, I though it was great in all areas, Caroline really does do character well. But, she did seem just a tiny little bit wobbly and unstable at times, and that stopped me really getting really into it.

I think she said 'I'm sorry' at the end of the dance, and Pasha replied with something like 'no one saw it'. She also looked really upset at the end and pulled a face during the dance - I think she did something wrong and it threw her off.

I would love to see that again without the wobble issue (though not in the dance off) and see what it would have been like full throttle.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I loved it and thought 39 was a fair score for it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Thought It was incredible. Hard dance for a female celeb to achieve the same kind of ease of movement and slickness of footwork. I would put it miles ahead of Simon's from Blackpool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you would say that knowing you. ;-)

Knowing me :o:o:confused:
    I dont know you :confused::confused:
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferred Rachel Stevens
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

I agree. It was good, but not THAT good. The judges going into raptures just didn't appear genuine to me. Tonight's going to be a massive stitch-up.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it and missed whatever mistake she thought she made.
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great !!!
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Ok - I'm out on a limb here - I liked the choreography but I thought she was very floppy and wobbly from about the mid point on and lost her leg shaping a lot. Obviously I'm in the minority so it will be interesting to watch it again later to see if I got a false impression.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I loved it.

She thought it was. She said that Pasha told her it was to be "love and hate". :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok - I'm out on a limb here - I liked the choreography but I thought she was very floppy and wobbly from about the mid point on and lost her leg shaping a lot. Obviously I'm in the minority so it will be interesting to watch it again later to see if I got a false impression.

I concur. I didnt say it wasnt good. It was good but I didn't think it was ALL that :confused:
    and it certainly didnt give me that tingling sensation and jaw-dropping moment like Simon's AT did for example.

I thought that it was a VERY respectable job but I didnt think that it warranted 3 10s :confused:
  • Options
    Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it - but something did go wrong as she apologised and he said something along the lines of "don't say anything about it" :confused:
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    it was one of the better dances of the night, but agree not worth the score it got. my first thought was - caroline must be in danger, therefore they are trying to get her to the top of the board...
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I like her but found the dance very boring. Have seen much better Argentine Tangos. Simon's was tons better. Was surprised at the 10s.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It left me a bit "meh", she looked really vacant throughout it. I wasn't keen on her dress or hair either.