Options

Apple press release .

mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone tell me where I can watch tomos Apple press release about the I phone coming out, can I watch it live on the web somewhere? will it be on apples site or somewhere else, I think it it 6pm uk time . Thanx

Comments

• Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where I can watch tomos Apple press release about the I phone coming out, can I watch it live on the web somewhere? will it be on apples site or somewhere else, I think it it 6pm uk time . Thanx

It's not usually broadcast live. Apple do tend to put the whole thing up the day after though. However this one is being held on Apple campus, so it might be a bot different this year as they are able to control things a bit better.

You will be able to follow a live blog, with photos on 9to5mac.com and engadget.com. Both have pretty good live blogging of Apple events, but I prefer engadget's when trying to follow things myself.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the cat is out of the bag anyway. Select the options list on Vodafone's Germany site.
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Looks like the cat is out of the bag anyway. Select the options list on Vodafone's Germany site.

Interesting, 4S we're getting then? No iPhone 5 or cheaper version
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That Vodafone page is specifically for iPhone 4 bumpers, which presumably wouldn't fit an iPhone 5 anyway, so there's still a slim chance another new iPhone will be launched alongside the 4S. But it does seem unlikely.
  • Options
    matty168matty168 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    unklesam wrote: »
    Interesting, 4S we're getting then? No iPhone 5 or cheaper version

and it seems like the main selling point, will be a 64GB version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    That Vodafone page is specifically for iPhone 4 bumpers, which presumably wouldn't fit an iPhone 5 anyway, so there's still a slim chance another new iPhone will be launched alongside the 4S. But it does seem unlikely.

So thats
    • A5 Dual Core
    • 3.5" Screen
    • 8.0 Mega Camera
    • 64GB

Hmm I think i'll stick with my SGS2, thats just really keeping up with everyone else, nothing new here. Maybe the iPhone 4 will become the cheaper version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty168 wrote: »
    and it seems like the main selling point, will be a 64GB version?

Yeah and its not really much of a selling point. The vast majority of folk couldn't care less about 64GB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been 16 months since the iPhone 4 was released. I'd be surprised if this announcement was just a refresh.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Think Apple will be pushing assistant as being the major selling point for the 4S if only a 4S is announced
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The invite has the date, the location an a phone icon with a little 1 next to it, as if to say, one new phone. But Apple never really go into that much detail about what they're announcing so I think it's a red herring.

Personally I think they're going to announce the iPhone 4S and then when everyone thinks thats it.. boom.. they announce the iPhone 5 too. iPhone 4S now, iPhone 5 in a couple months perhaps.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think they're going to announce the iPhone 4S and then when everyone thinks thats it.. boom.. they announce the iPhone 5 too. iPhone 4S now, iPhone 5 in a couple months perhaps.
    That does seem to be Apple's way of doing things, their "Oh and another thing" moments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    That does seem to be Apple's way of doing things, their "Oh and another thing" moments.

Apple = Columbo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and its not really much of a selling point. The vast majority of folk couldn't care less about 64GB

I could, but not enough to upgrade from 4 to 4s (if that is the case).

The deal with the iphones seems to be that if you have the previous model there is little point to upgrade to the upgraded version that comes out a year later (exactly the same with 3G and 3GS). But when you skip an upgrade and then get the one after, you get a good spec boost from what you currently have in your pocket.

I really don't think there is enough from the specs rumoured for iphone 4 users to upgrade to iphone 4s, but for a 3gs user it's a huge jump.

My guess for the iphone lifecycle now is, due to the iphone 4s being released in October instead of the usual July window, that a spec upgrade will appear in and around October with the new number and design (iphone 5?) appearing in the spring. In which case I will probably upgrade in the spring (assuming I am correct in my guess).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm at the point where 32GB isn't enough now. Once you start putting films onto it for watching on flights the memory disappears quite quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at the point where 32GB isn't enough now. Once you start putting films onto it for watching on flights the memory disappears quite quickly.

I filled my iphone 4 up the day I got it. I have had to be very creative with my music collection as a result. I would prefer to have the 64gb so I can pretty much just have everything I want on the phone and not have to think about it too much. Films will still require a bit of thought as you'll never be able to have your whole collection on there, but that's not really the point fo a portable device though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a large number of films on there, but even carrying around 5 or 6 of them at a time (which, for a business trip, is reasonable) can take away a few gig. Plus my music collection is about 22GB in size. It all adds up.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Just to point out that there have been similar leaks from AT&T shop systems showing a range of cases for iPhone5. Also the Vodafone leak shows a new refreshed 8GB version of the iPhone4. So that looks like 3 new iPhones, soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Just to point out that there have been similar leaks from AT&T shop systems showing a range of cases for iPhone5. Also the Vodafone leak shows a new refreshed 8GB version of the iPhone4. So that looks like 3 new iPhones, soon.

System invenotry lists is not proof of iphone 5. They are just filling up their lists in preperation for what could be announced tomorrow so they are ready to go straight away.

It also helps get a bit of free publicity for them due to their 'leaked' information.

I would not read anything into this.

What I would read into was the huge slip up itunes made in their itunes beta release, which only listed the iphone 4s as a new iphone and no mention of an iphone 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the length of time I would hope its the iPhone 5 which is announced. The 4S would be a step back unless it was announced alongside the 5.

Its not worth an upgrade from 4 to 4S for sure!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wills**01 wrote: »
    Given the length of time I would hope its the iPhone 5 which is announced. The 4S would be a step back unless it was announced alongside the 5.

The 4s by the looks of it is just about keeping up with the crowd, But then thats what Apple always does, gives you just enough and no more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wills**01 wrote: »
    No, but a 3GS to 4S most definitely is, meaning that anything else they release is a bonus for people like me :)
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    denzil28 wrote: »
    System invenotry lists is not proof of iphone 5. They are just filling up their lists in preperation for what could be announced tomorrow so they are ready to go straight away.

It also helps get a bit of free publicity for them due to their 'leaked' information.

I would not read anything into this.

What I would read into was the huge slip up itunes made in their itunes beta release, which only listed the iphone 4s as a new iphone and no mention of an iphone 5.

How do you explain the photos of the actual cases with the packaging saying iPhone 5?

Don't forget Al Gore also said they would be launching new phones this month.

Of course, nothing is set in stone until it happens. And Apple have previously dropped products at the last minute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple phones are always a 2 year purchase imo, so yeah moving from 3GS to 4S would be a big improvement.

Lets see.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »

Try http://live.twit.tv

Although they may not have a live stream as such (they have in the past) they will be covering it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no live stream to the public, it is however going to the staff at the Covent Garden store so it is closing early tomorrow. Also lots of live blogs, I tend to have several browser screens open.