Options

James Jordan

Comments

• Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's coming across terribly. I know he's always had an arrogant streak, but I'm finding him entitled, mean, aggressive and argumentative. I preferred knowing less about him :(
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How he's coming across in CBB is almost the exact same way he comes across on twitter. He has done all this snide, bitchy, borderline bullying thing on twitter for a while. I just don't think he sees it that way though - he seems to think he's smarter than everyone else so he can get away with it and lacks the awareness to know that it isn't the case.

I think the hatchet job he did on Karen last year (sorry, an ~anonymous source did on her) should have been a red flag for most regarding his true nature.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    He is awful in there. Some others are being just as awful but they are being funny with it so are maybe getting a way with a bit more or are at least valued as a good housemate but he is humourless so it makes him look much worse imo.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How he's coming across in CBB is almost the exact same way he comes across on twitter. He has done all this snide, bitchy, borderline bullying thing on twitter for a while. I just don't think he sees it that way though - he seems to think he's smarter than everyone else so he can get away with it and lacks the awareness to know that it isn't the case.

I think the hatchet job he did on Karen last year (sorry, an ~anonymous source did on her) should have been a red flag for most regarding his true nature.

I totally agree with you.
    He's made a big mistake going on BB IMO.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so James is being a big headed arse in the BB House ~ what a surprise! not!!

I can only imagine what he is like as I refuse to watch anything with his ugly mug in, but if twitter and the James thread in the BB part of the forum is anything to go by, his true colours are shining thro!

And still his fans think he is the best thing since sliced bread ;-)
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    You can have too many "B list" professionals, when you've only "C list" celebrities.
    That's why Darren and Lilia were fired.

Really, I loved Darren and Lilla, especially when Marion Keyes came on the show and told everyone that she and Lilla were "twins"!! They were both champions of SCD and I was stunned when they were dropped from the programme. Does anyone know what they are doing now??? I remember seeing Darren in a dance group on Strictly and I thought it was a bit embarrassing as he was such a main feature in the show.

Sorry I was never a fan of James, thought he was much too rude to the contestants and also rather full of himself. I see he is now in BB!! Well he enjoys all the easy money of being a "celeb" easier than dancing for a living I am sure!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    katie_p wrote: »
    Pamela and Denise? My recollection is both were propelled into the final by judges' scoring more than anything else. Denise was in the bottom two at least twice and neither couple got the popular vote in the final despite getting the judges' marks. Fair enough though, both of them were kind of annoying in their own right.

Not a fan of Denise but I thought James did not help the situation. All the nonsense about how she had to be separated from her daughter to do SCD. Well, she earned a small fortune for the show and it was her choice!! Nobody forces you to do SCD!! By the number of holidays she took without her now separated husband and daughter, I doubt if she really missed her daughter desperately!! She was obviously a trained dancer and I think that irritates the viewers who are far from stupid!! James constantly harping on about how the public reaction to Denise was "unfair" got irritating!
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch CBB but maybe he's on anabolic steroids which may explain reports of his build up in bulk + aggression
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So James' personality is not quite winning him the fans he expected?

I'm not a fan of his but perversely the reaction I've seen to his BB appearance makes me feel a bit sorry for him. Ola seems like a reasonably nice person and she married him, so he must have some redeeming features that aren't coming across!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So James' personality is not quite winning him the fans he expected?

I'm not a fan of his but perversely the reaction I've seen to his BB appearance makes me feel a bit sorry for him. Ola seems like a reasonably nice person and she married him, so he must have some redeeming features that aren't coming across!

Don't feel sorry for him - he is responsible for his behaviour in CBB & he's being a complete pillock - I think he thinks by causing arguments all the time will make him an interesting housemate......it doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Don't feel sorry for him - he is responsible for his behaviour in CBB & he's being a complete pillock - I think he thinks by causing arguments all the time will make him an interesting housemate......it doesn't.

Perhaps James feels the only way he will remain a celeb is by playing the bad boy! We are all talking about him so it is working!!!!! As we all discuss how dreadful he is, he is running to the bank with all the money he is earning!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps James feels the only way he will remain a celeb is by playing the bad boy! We are all talking about him so it is working!!!!! As we all discuss how dreadful he is, he is running to the bank with all the money he is earning!!

True - but there is a difference between 'bad boy on Strictly' and being an arse on CBB to a 70 year old man. Ola is getting loads of shit on twitter due to his behaviour on there - can't be nice for her.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got on well with a lot of his celeb dance partners (ok, there may have been one or two not so successful pairings) and with many of the other professionals (Vincent was supporting him on Twitter). I suspect with James you have to not take what he says too seriously and give as good as you get, in a light hearted manner

The problem is that when in the constant company of others, it all gets very heavy with people taking themselves too seriously. Every eccentricity gets magnified so that it becomes 100x more irritating. I've been on training courses years ago which were designed to test interpersonal skills and they were very very stressful (although I'd probably be quite relaxed about them nowadays having got older and less career oriented), and at least I didn't have to share a bedroom with loads of other people; I had some respite.

Doing reality programmes like CBB and I'm a Celeb is a mistake in my view, although admittedly it brings in the money.
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, I loved Darren and Lilla, especially when Marion Keyes came on the show and told everyone that she and Lilla were "twins"!! They were both champions of SCD and I was stunned when they were dropped from the programme. Does anyone know what they are doing now??? I remember seeing Darren in a dance group on Strictly and I thought it was a bit embarrassing as he was such a main feature in the show.

Sorry I was never a fan of James, thought he was much too rude to the contestants and also rather full of himself. I see he is now in BB!! Well he enjoys all the easy money of being a "celeb" easier than dancing for a living I am sure!!

Darren and Lilia still work for BBC Worldwide and have been involved in the Turkish and Lebanese versions of Strictly. Lilia has recently announced that she is pregnant.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren and Lilia also adjudicate at top competitions (although obviously Lilia won't be able to do that for much longer, in the short term at least). As far as I can see, things seem to be going very well for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True - but there is a difference between 'bad boy on Strictly' and being an arse on CBB to a 70 year old man. Ola is getting loads of shit on twitter due to his behaviour on there - can't be nice for her.
    Wow, just read some of the things people are writing on her twitter feed. That's a bit out of line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just read some of the things people are writing on her twitter feed. That's a bit out of line.

I agree - but they both have twitter accounts which leads you wide open & everyone knows what can happen if you go onto BB - but I think the cheque was too good to turn down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Haven't watched James on BB, but I really liked him on The Wright Stuff and Strictly !! I think some people are just don't understand his humour :( I will miss him on Strictly !!
    Seems both James and Ola are being bullied. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - but they both have twitter accounts which leads you wide open & everyone knows what can happen if you go onto BB - but I think the cheque was too good to turn down.
    In theory, yes, but James thinks he has the type of personality that would have given his Strictly partners an unfair advantage if the BBC hadn't edited it out. I'm assuming he wasn't expecting that he would be the one getting a backlash.

Also it's kind of sad that it's somehow acceptable to heap abuse on a celebrity just because they have a twitter account. I doubt many of these people would say to Ola's face what they've written on her twitter feed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouiseF14 wrote: »
    Seems both James and Ola are being bullied. :(

Maybe they'll go to the papers about it again. Not like that would be a first.

He's bullying people - it's all on camera. I have no sympathy for him. He egged on people to send absolute dogs abuse to Karen last year over nothing and although I don't condone these idiots who send abuse on the Internet, sometimes what goes around does come back around. At least in this case the comments are based on something that actually deserves censure.

Idk why they're targeting Ola though - not her fault that her hubby is behaving like an oaf.
  • Options
    Charmaine CamerCharmaine Camer Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    It's all in the editting. I like James
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all in the editting. I like James

Oh so he didn't call other housemates "freaks" then ? He didn't try and goad Audley Harrison into a fight? :confused: how can you possibly edit something like that in?

James is showing exactly why he was dropped from Strictly, because he's a bloody nasty, arrogant,rude and aggressive man. In fact if that's what he's like I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did. I feel sorry for Ola, what the hell she sees in him I've no idea?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He showed a plate of food to housemates who were barred from having any to goad them - that had nothing to do with editing and everything to do with his own mean streak.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I find so hard to understand about James is that there has always been anger and rage simmering away just beneath the surface. What's that all about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know what's going on here. You know how the bbc edited James' vote-winning personality OUT of the VTs in order to give the less charismatic pros a fighting chance? Well, clearly the BB producers have edited IN him having the personality of a vile arrogant git in an attempt to stem the landslide public vote that would otherwise win him the show.

Poor James. Always the innocent victim of producer manipulation :(